Карта Америки, какой она на самом деле должна быть) Америка должна принадлежать ИНДЕЙЦАМ) без всяких европейских завоевателей, устроивших настоящий геноцид честным и порядочным людям - индейцам)

0_17c2ec_80730c8d_orig

I can't speak Russian (yet), but I know the Cyrillic alphabet enough to decipher this and it's really neat! The title of this post is wrong and/or mistranslated though, seeing as this is definitely someone's "indigenous America without Europeans ever" map and clearly not an accurate map of precolumbian America.

That big "Dakota" in the middle stands out... because it's not in Cyrillic script (Unless that font does a weird uppercase д).

That big "Dakota" in the middle stands out... because it's not in Cyrillic script (Unless that font does a weird uppercase д).
Yeah, it's a weird (but not unprecedented) uppercase д. There's also virtually no difference between И/Ц/Ч, especially at smaller sizes.

Zagan

Donor
Russian people sees difference between letters) and all letters is cyrilic)
Just a curiosity: what do all those parentheses mean? The one after "letters", the one at the end, the triple one in the title, etc. I have noticed that weird habit in other threads of yours and it simply doesn't make any sense.

Just a curiosity: what do all those parentheses mean? The one after "letters", the one at the end, the triple one in the title, etc. I have noticed that weird habit in other threads of yours and it simply doesn't make any sense.
It's a smiley face that has been popular in Russian internet for the longest of times.
That's how a handwritten Д looks like.
I can't speak Russian (yet), but I know the Cyrillic alphabet enough to decipher this and it's really neat! The title of this post is wrong and/or mistranslated though, seeing as this is definitely someone's "indigenous America without Europeans ever" map and clearly not an accurate map of precolumbian America.
Yeah, by "correct" Russian_cartographer meant "a map of North America as it should have been", not "accurate"

I don't understand why you don't use smiles after words) when you put point after words, it seems that you are very sad always)

Zagan

Donor
I don't understand why you don't use smiles after words) when you put point after words, it seems that you are very sad always)

This is a text smiley:

This a graphical smiley:

And this is a parenthesis, not a smiley:
It is used in linguistics to separate less important parts of the sentence from the rest of it and in mathematics to change the order of operations, etc.

The fact that in the Russian language the parenthesis may be used for other purposes is completely irrelevant because we are on an English forum not a Russian one, so we have to use the conventions from the English language.

The fact that in the Russian language the parenthesis may be used for other purposes is completely irrelevant because we are on an English forum not a Russian one, so we have to use the conventions from the English language.

I don't care) without smiles your textes is very boring)))

Isaac Beach

Banned
Come on guys, let the man have his smilies; I don't think anyone really cares and it's not like the internet is exactly prized or known for it's strict adherence to English grammatical conventions.

Really nice map, did you make it or is it someone else's?

This is a text smiley:

This a graphical smiley:

And this is a parenthesis, not a smiley:

It is used in linguistics to separate less important parts of the sentence from the rest of it and in mathematics to change the order of operations, etc.

It's a simplified "smiley" used in russian social networks.

Also, the translation of this text:

Карта Америки, какой она на самом деле должна быть) Америка должна принадлежать ИНДЕЙЦАМ) без всяких европейских завоевателей, устроивших настоящий геноцид честным и порядочным людям - индейцам)

Map of (North) America, what it really should be. America must belong to NATIVES without any European conquerors, who organized a real genocide for the honest and decent people - native americans

This is a really good map both technically and as an idea, but we talked about inflammatory political comments.

Would you like it if I made a map of Siberia showing native groups and said

Карта Сибирь, какой она на самом деле должна быть) Сибирь должна принадлежать туземцы) без всяких европейских завоевателей, устроивших настоящий геноцид честным и порядочным людям - туземцы)

This is a really good map both technically and as an idea, but we talked about inflammatory political comments.

Карта Сибирь, какой она на самом деле должна быть) Сибирь должна принадлежать туземцы) без всяких европейских завоевателей, устроивших настоящий геноцид честным и порядочным людям - туземцы)

yes, I would like to see how you will make such a map) come on) make this map if you can)

and you wrote in russian with 3 mistakes) your translator is bad)