Condoleezza Rice & George Bush married

I was thinking about Rice's little Freudian slip when she accidentally referred to George W. Bush as her husband and wondered what would happen if Bush and Condi Rice had married. In such a timeline, would George Bush even be involved in politics while married to a African American woman? How about the changes to Condi's career?

jahenders

Banned
That all depends on when they meet and wed. If they had met and wed while young, that would likely butterfly everything in politics related to either.

However, imagine if Laura died early in the Bush presidency. He and Condi could potentially hook-up and get married. That wouldn't change much for him, but would probably force her to leave appointed office to serve as First Lady.

That all depends on when they meet and wed. If they had met and wed while young, that would likely butterfly everything in politics related to either.

However, imagine if Laura died early in the Bush presidency. He and Condi could potentially hook-up and get married. That wouldn't change much for him, but would probably force her to leave appointed office to serve as First Lady.

I was thinking of the scenario that he never meets Laura or Laura flats out rejects him. So this would be Bush in his younger days.

Condi was 23 when Bush Married. Bush was 31 when he got married. I doubt Bush would be comfortable marrying someone seven years younger then him.

Mmm, she did work for GHWBush, who was very impressed with her.

Meeting his son would be unlikely but not impossible.

There is no reason for this to sideline GWBush's presidency, but it would add an interesting anti-racist angle to his election, that would impact Racial Issues in politics.

A very amusing, but small possibility would be if she followed in Hillary's footstep and tried to build First Lady into a launch pad for her own Presidency.

But, she has shown no political ambitions and the Bush Legacy was fairly negative with the war.

You worry about men who find younger women attractive?

You must worry a LOT.

You must be concerned a lot. I'm sure older man/younger woman is the norm in most societies. But I digress.

Alright, alright, fine! If Bush married Condi Rice I sort of doubt most wouldn't have changed except for Bush getting a higher % of the black vote in 2000, 2004 and both gubernatorial elections, and with someone else being Secretary of State after Powell (probably Stephen Hadley)

He meets her while working on that political campaign in Alabama in 1972-1973. They keep in touch, and after she finishes her Ph.D. in 1981, they get married. Bush ends up being a Presbyterian as opposed to Methodist. She ends up being the provost of Baylor University in the 1990s, as opposed to Stanford.

Their twins, Barbara Pierce Bush and Angelena Rice Bush are born in 1984. A son, John Wesley Bush, is born in 1987, and another daughter, Robin Denise Bush, is born in 1991.

Bush runs for governor of Texas in 1994, wins, gets re-elected in 1998. In 2000, he wins the Presidency - Florida is NOT close. He gets re-elected in 2004.