Collaborative World Building Project (Name TBD)

1 world ollab credit.png

Not that it's that important, but I made a map of who filled in what

just wanna point out, my addition to the map is labeled as being made by Citizen Keynes. while i'm not particularly mad, i'd appreciate it if it were changed.

Is it just me or do the tectonic plates map and the topography map not really work well together in terms of mountains and fault lines, and in that case which should we go with? I'm not an expert in the field at all though so I could be wrong.

Is it just me or do the tectonic plates map and the topography map not really work well together in terms of mountains and fault lines, and in that case which should we go with? I'm not an expert in the field at all though so I could be wrong.
I mean, usually the mountains appear near plate boundaries, but other than that there's a lot of leeway

It's not just you. For one thing, I conceptualized the big northeastern archipelago not as a tectonically active area, but as a huge, fairly flat plain, much of which happens to be below sea level. I'm thinking that that area plus the north-central continent is the larger piece of a north polar supercontinent: the other part is most of the northwestern continent. That leaves most of the other lands to come from a great austral continent. I haven't thought too hard about how that fit together.

Perhaps the boreal territories are ecologically dominated by marsupials, while the austral ones are the home of placental mammals.