Collaborative Realistic Worldbuilding, Part ?

@Lothal it is your project?
Just leader. this is collaborative. Remember this is an "Earth" world. Rotation, gravity, distance to the sun, etc is all the same as reality.
The order like it always has been for going thru the project is map, tectonics/volcanism, elevation and rivers, currents and winds, climate, biomes, and then flora and fauna and finally humans. Also I think the claiming rule got misinterpreted. just announce you are going to do something, not the map game style. it makes the pace faster. there will be no claiming once we reach the next stages as they will be a group effort

Just leader. this is collaborative. Remember this is an "Earth" world. Rotation, gravity, distance to the sun, etc is all the same as reality.
The order like it always has been for going thru the project is map, tectonics/volcanism, elevation and rivers, currents and winds, climate, biomes, and then flora and fauna and finally humans. Also I think the claiming rule got misinterpreted. just announce you are going to do something, not the map game style. it makes the pace faster. there will be no claiming once we reach the next stages as they will be a group effort

As Lothal says, just claim and post an update to the map.
Plus to keep this thread from dying an early death, I am claiming and will post an update in a minute.

053119upload.png

Claiming
upload_2019-6-1_14-17-1.png

Also, I think that large island in the top left would stretch across the top due to the curvature of the earth. The way it is drawn is as if the north pole was the tip of the landmass

Last edited:
Claiming

Also, I think that large island in the top left would stretch across the top due to the curvature of the earth. The way it is drawn is as if the north pole was the tip of the landmass

I thought the same thing, but figured it would be fixed near the end of the mapping phase.
Either way, two land masses at both poles will tend to make this a cooler world.

maybe we wipe the connection to the pole and make it like a Greenland

It may be interesting to have two land masses.
We just need to remove the top two or three pixels, on both sides or the current island, and extend the coast around the north.
It will still be Earth-like, but we could have an open Northwest Passage as it were.

It may be interesting to have two land masses.
We just need to remove the top two or three pixels, on both sides or the current island, and extend the coast around the north.
It will still be Earth-like, but we could have an open Northwest Passage as it were.
I fee like we should wipe those other arctic islands and redraw them