Collaborative Map Project: X-in-Canada

About five years back, Lord Caedus graciously offered to allow me to use X-in-Canada as a template for a potential True North reboot. I am hoping to get this project underway in the same manner I did The Yankee Dominion, which is to start with the building of an election map than simulate the election and subsequent worldbuilding. The difference between TYD and X-in-Canada is that the lions share of worldbuilding has already been developed by Lord Caedus, which will hopefully result in a more streamlined and focused process moving forward. @Noravea made this map for me a few years back, and I've been itching to use it as a base for this project.

Once again, many thanks to Lord Caedus for once more for sharing his well-crafted Canadian lore with me. This project is the derivative of his efforts, and I owe him all the credit for every aspect of this concept.

X in Canada Map.png

SEAT COUNT
Alaska: 6 seats.
Alberta: 34 seats.
British Columbia: 42 seats.
Dakota: 13 seats.
Maine: 12 seats.
Manitoba: 14 seats.
Michigan: 86 seats.
Minnesota: 49 seats.
Montana: 14 seats.
New Brunswick: 10 seats.
New Hampshire: 17 seats.
Newfoundland & Labrador: 7 seats.
Nova Scotia: 11 seats.
Ontario: 121 seats.
Oregon: 108 seats.
Prince Edward Island: 4 seats.
Quebec: 78 seats.
Saskatchewan: 14 seats.
Wisconsin: 51 seats.
The Territories: 3 seats.
TOTAL: 695 seats.

Figured this would be a neat opportunity for DRA/cartography nerds to geek out creatively.

Goals to Accomplish:
  • Redraw the Canadian provinces to reflect current OTL electoral district boundaries.
  • Draw the alt-Canadian provinces boundaries in DRA.
  • Slightly alter the provincial borders (particularly Oregon/Montana) to reflect the boundaries of the original X-in-Canada project.
  • Create insets for major and secondary cities, as well as for portions of Michigan (which will be hard to draw on the map due to the 86 seats).
  • Create a comprehensive list of MPs for the project.

I think basing this of of Geographical boundaries I think this would be the approximate boundaries of Montana, Idaho, and Dakota. Now I'm curious what alternative names these provinces would have and what politics these provinces would have during the Depression.

Attachments

• DakotaTerritory.png
    DakotaTerritory.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 114