Cobain Continues Redone: A Kurt Cobain Survives Timeline

October 23, 2007-Principal photography on Mommie Dearest is complete. Naturally, due to Danny Boyle having other projects in the pipeline, he moved to juggle these at the same time and delegated a lot of shoot details to the second unit. Even still, Springbok and New Line Cinema are pleased with the dailies and are confident that an impressive film will take shape, and possibly be among the top ten films of 2008.

November 4, 2007-I'm Not There officially opens to rave reviews, though definitely limited box office, because of its art hose status. Especially praised is the performance of Cate Blanchett, dubbing that she steals the show.

November 9, 2007-Location shoot permits for Parnassus are filed, with the expectation to begin in a month.

November 12, 2007-The foreclosure rate begins to rise noticeably, with ripple effects at mortgage firms.

November 14, 2007-Springbok officially announces that it is connected at the hip with Martin Scorsese for the remainder of his career. "Marty really loves us as much as we love him, so we intend to stick around with him." Scorsese is already planning a new feature film, an adaptation of the novel Shutter Island. Furthermore, they are in talks with Sacha Baron Cohen to find the right vehicle as a followup to Borat, potentially involving another of his Da Ali G Show characters.

Last edited:
November 17, 2007-After looking over James Cameron's script for Avatar, Springbok is certainly pleased, especially after having taken a tip to flesh out the motivations of the human characters. With the tech judged to be sufficient to Cameron's standards, casting complete and the Fusion Camera System judged perfected, filming is set to begin.

(OOC are we going see a version of A Star is Born done earlier in this time line? I could see both Kurt and Theron being interested in doing it)

(Should Springbok go defunct during the recession? Or maybe Springbok takes over Marvel here?)

(Some investments will be hit, but Springbok itself will be fine. Also, they will not be involved in Disney's ownership of Marvel or the MCU, but will actually move on, besides doing The Dark Knight trilogy and Christopher Nolan's whole filmography, to help build the DCEU into a much stronger form)

November 25, 2007-Kristen Stewart, who had a notable role as the daughter of Jodie Foster's character in David Fincher's Panic Room, is cast as one of the leads for Jay Roach's planned spy spoof comedy trilogy, which is intended in the vein of buddy cop films.

December 2, 2007-Principal photography for Parnassus begins in London. Meanwhile, the shoot for Death Note also officially begins in Tokyo.

December 5, 2007-Nirvana accepts an offer to perform at Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech to mark the first anniversary of a horrific massacre that occurred on April 16, in which 32 people were killed.

December 7, 2007-The band takes a break from work and Theron a break from Springbok to go on a vacation to London, as they have bought tickets to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert at the O2 Arena on the 10th, to pay tribute to the late founder of Atlantic Records, who died after an unexpected fall backstage at a Rolling Stones show at the Beacon Theatre being filmed for a Martin Scorsese documentary. Most notable about the show is an unexpected reunion of Led Zeppelin, with John Bonham's son Jason on drums. On the same, the Disney-ABC Television Group announces the creation of two new channels to be added without additional installation costs on basic cable packages, ABC Classic and Disney Channel Classic, which are solely devoted to reruns of classic shows from years past, including reruns of the entire ABC Daytime lineup and their entire run history. And given that The Disney Channel has been keeping reruns of vintage shows and films already, it's not much of a stretch to include programming from the early paid cable installation days.

Last edited:
December 9, 2007-Michael Eisner sits down for his last interview as CEO of The Walt Disney Company with Forbes:

Q: Why have you chosen the reopening of Disney's Hollywood Studios in March to be your final day as CEO?
A: I've been in charge of The Walt Disney Company since 1985, and one of the biggest responsibilities I've had was overseeing the theme parks. The original Disney-MGM Studios was the first opening I attended, and I did the dedication back in 1989. So, 19 years later, I'm coming full circle in a sense. What better way to bow out then with the reopening of a prime park, and also give Bob Iger his chance to shine. He has really come through for us ever since he came onboard, and I know I'm leaving the company in safe hands.
Q: What would you say is your proudest accomplishment as CEO?
A: I would definitely say what has happened with the parks and the movies is what really cheers me up. Disney has not only clawed its way back from the doldrums, but has stayed on top ever since, in a direction that I know Walt himself would've approved of. The magic of Disney is truly real, and I've always been a true believer in it.
Q: Is there anything you will miss?
A: Getting to be around all these fine people, in our "Laughing Place."

Last edited: