Civilization VI

Since there is no standing Civ 6 thread, allow me to start one, for the discussion of the gameplay, how would you want to change it, new civilizations and leaders, and anything else you want. There is already a defunct thread here with some valuable discussions, but it was specific to the leaders.

The thing about this game, is that it assumes Civilizations have Predestined features, unrelated to geography and experience. I wonder whether this can be change and the game remain Civilization.

Select “ continents”, the game typically gives you two supercontinents, with two oceans in between ( as per “Afro-Eurasia“ and “the Americas” in our world). Makes you wonder how would civilizations develop if there are three or more such supercontinents.

I purchased it last month and have been through it about four times, but I am giving it more time.

The biggest screw up that I can see is that the design team seems to have assumed that all cities historically developed like 20th century American metropolitan areas. Biggest plus seems to be that the tech tree and civics are more nuanced. Victory conditions seem random but I never really cared about these in these types of games.

I have been using the Civilization series as inspiration for an alternate history timeline I've been trying to work on for a couple of years now, occasionally adding bits from another Timeline I read a while ago on another thread. So far I've got Mongolia conquering Japan in the 1280s after the "Divine Wind" that wrecked the Mongol invasion fleet never occured, and Alexander the Great dying later than he did historically, having lived long enough to have fathered three male heirs. Shame it doesn't have a name yet.

Am looking forward to getting the new DLC adding the Gauls and Byzantines, although I admit part of me kinda hoped Fraxis may have thrown in at least one Asterix & Obelix reference somewhere...oh, well...