Civilitatem Resurrectio ~ A Pangea Proxima Worldbuilding Project

That's what I said, even if Greenland might be warmer, it'd still be very cold compared to the actual Rift Valley - explaining some of the Neanderthal resemblance.

The "devolved" humans might be the descendants of post-apocalyptic feral children, who knows. :p
Ah, I see. Completely misunderstood you. Thought you were saying 'humans' originate from the Rift Valley again.

A second little teaser

hHiTmrT.png

Still lots to add but things are starting to fill out. Looks like civilization will mostly start to emerge and flourish in the yellow southern region there.

That would be very interesting. Two cradles of civilizations on the very bottom of the world, one in Chile and another in Australia. It would be interesting to see naval exploration/expansion within the *Indian Ocean.

A very basic summary of having the main most 'developed' civilizations in each of the Med cradles (though obs some like in China in OTL will emerge elsewhere) is that this map somewhat means the 'outer' and 'northern' regions will likely barely interact, if at all, with the central sea area for quite some time. The major rainforests and deserts, along with the mountain ranges will obstruct interaction quite often.

Si

beria and the Bering Straits. But not all Mediterranean climates are cradles of civilizations after all. Take California for example.
Indeed. And not all cultures originate in Mediterranean climates. Perhaps in ancient history, the *Homo Dryadensis are sort of like the Celts or Germans to the human empires of the south?
*is H. Dryadensis still canon?

Yeah they're one of the groups i'm considering adding. May be the only other one than Homo Sapiens tbh
I'm thinking perhaps you could include a few other 'human species'. We could have *dwarves in the mountains and perhaps large burly *ogres living in the plains and *giants in the northern Arctic. All these humans species have less intelligence than *homo sapiens but have their own quirks. The dwarves could be goat herders and eventually miners in the mountains and are subjugated by homo sapiens who use them as slaves in the mines. Eventually, they are driven to the brink of extinction except for a few mountain ranges. The ogres could be a large but dumb race. However, they are intelligent enough to be raiders in the plains and they also enslave dwarves to forge weapons for them. Now what would be cool I think is if they had mounts. I think powerful nomadic armies that make OTL nomads look weak constantly conquering *homo sapien realms with them constantly breaking down due to a lack of administrative capabilities. The giants, meanwhile, are just a race of large humans who are pretty dumb and just wander the *Arctic building very primitive structures and they are slowly being hunted down by *homo sapiens who are adventuring north into the Arctic. TTL equivalent to Inuits.

Just spitballing ideas.

What'll be interesting is how these humans react to knowing that another civilization preceded them, given that there will be traces of our presence even hundreds of millions of years in the future. It's amusing to think of what they'll portray us as. I doubt very much that they would think we looked anything like them.

What'll be interesting is how these humans react to knowing that another civilization preceded them, given that there will be traces of our presence even hundreds of millions of years in the future. It's amusing to think of what they'll portray us as. I doubt very much that they would think we looked anything like them.
They will most probably depict us the way they look. Look at how we depict our pagan gods; they represent their followers. Even Christ looks different based on which people are worshipping him.

Yeah. The ironic part is that they'll think they're depicting them incorrectly and that there's no way the Precursors looked remotely similar, but in actuality they will be far more right than they will ever know.

VT45

Banned
I love what you're doing so far, and I'll be following it with great interest. But if I can offer a little bit of advice? The climate zones you've painted in are a bit too linear. I recognise the Artifexian method of painting in climates and while they're good at getting you in the ballpark, it can lead to some areas that are a bit too linear like this. I can help you to create a better climate range if you like.

I love what you're doing so far, and I'll be following it with great interest. But if I can offer a little bit of advice? The climate zones you've painted in are a bit too linear. I recognise the Artifexian method of painting in climates and while they're good at getting you in the ballpark, it can lead to some areas that are a bit too linear like this. I can help you to create a better climate range if you like.
Sure, always glad to get advice on that front. As you suggested I'm mainly doing it based on Artifexian's method and while most of the linear sections that are extremely clean cut obviously will be amended it does look a tad like those coloured sand jars you can make with varying thick levels on top of one another and not much variety x'D

Climates et al are definitely not my forte, though once it's sorted the civilizations aspects and resources map etc should be easy

Last edited:
I was thinking, what if we have the new human civilization be descended from homo sapiens who fled to space but returned except those sent to Earth only have access and knowledge of stone age tech.

I was thinking, what if we have the new human civilization be descended from homo sapiens who fled to space but returned except those sent to Earth only have access and knowledge of stone age tech.
An Interesting idea, but I think that the humans would have evolved to life on whatever planet they colonized, or to life in microgravity. Perhaps they exist as a separate species, perhaps monitoring the development of the humans on earth for scientific reasons?

An Interesting idea, but I think that the humans would have evolved to life on whatever planet they colonized, or to life in microgravity. Perhaps they exist as a separate species, perhaps monitoring the development of the humans on earth for scientific reasons?
The scientific observation could be done. Humanity existing in space habitats wouldn't have to change one bit since technology would allow for a replication of Earth conditions. Even if they change, a new species could be created to be sent to Earth which allows for some cool stuff like new natural hair, eye colours etc. So purple eyes could be naturally occurring for example and as common as blue/green eyes.

A second little teaser

hHiTmrT.png

Still lots to add but things are starting to fill out. Looks like civilization will mostly start to emerge and flourish in the yellow southern region there.

It looks too banded. Also, shouldn't there be significantly more arid regions, not only because it's a supercontinent (which tend to have very dry interiors), but also because of the great mountain ranges that cause massive rain shadows behind them? The central portion of the long western mountain range especially is supposed to be as tall as the Himalayas.