Was gonna make an OOC comment about this in the next post but I realize that the borders of a Spain-England-Two Sicilies+Milan & the Netherlands+(Parts of) Burgundy would vaguely resemble a partially restored WRE.

Oh interesting. Im hoping for philip to marry elisabeth of austria if i have to be honest. She was very beautiful and is one of my faves

Oh interesting. Im hoping for philip to marry elisabeth of austria if i have to be honest. She was very beautiful and is one of my faves
Well we'll be finding out soon!
Obviously young Philip is basically the 16th Century equivalent of a teenage heartthrob for all the single ladies & princesses in Europe right now. Pretty much all the girls not already married or betrothed gonna be wanting to be his queen.

UAccording to whom? Certainly not according to her OTL husband who cheated on her a lot.
Yeah, but he especially stated that she's ugly.
I think you have the wrong Elizabeth, as the one in question is Maximilian II’s second daughter, the OTL Queen of Charles IX of France, who was acknowledged as one of the great beauties of her generation.
You are thinking to the eldest daughter of Ferdinand I and sister of Maximilian, the Queen of Poland who was long dead before Philip’s parents married (and was older than our Philip‘s father) so is clearly out of question

I think you have the wrong Elizabeth, as the one in question is Maximilian II’s second daughter, the OTL Queen of Charles IX of France, who was acknowledged as one of the great beauties of her generation.
You are thinking to the eldest daughter of Ferdinand I and sister of Maximilian, the Queen of Poland who was long dead before Philip’s parents married (and was older than our Philip‘s father) so is clearly out of question
The tone in the King Father's "que" when he receives the letter than the regency council is proposing Philip of England marry a woman's that been dead since 1545.

Honestly I can understand the confusion, these dynasties really love repeating names and titles. First we had three Marys all at once and now we have two King Philip IIs.
Yes, so you need to check dates before talking. Understanding who he had picked the wrong Elizabeth was mostly a pure coincidence…