Chat Reaction Image Removal Suggestion

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Iksnyski, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Iksnyski Trash

Reading the Chat section I was wondering if reaction images and gifs should be banned from Chat except in the designated threads?

What I mean is sometimes a post will be made, post a news article or silly tweet, and people will just post a single meme image as their response.

I suggest a ban for images in Chat for the following reasons.
    • Usually, similar reasoning to the lack of visible avatar, it makes the discussion seem immature
    • The images usually add nothing to the discussion
    • While being posted to be funny can be fun it can detract from the overall discussion (related to first point)
    • Image bandwidth should be conserved for timelines as that is the main purpose of the site. Not posting unrelated memes (chat is unrelated content).
    I suggest this ban not apply in threads where images are explicitly invited to be posted. I feel applying it would not detract from discussion in other chat threads.

In regard to images of twitter posts I feel like not much would be lost though I post those sometimes. Usually they are posted for a funny comment or in a fast moving news situation where official sources haven't verified the facts.

Thank you for reading.

The Tai-Pan and Zagan like this.