Character Matters - A Haslam 2016 TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republican National Convention, 2016 (Day 1, Part 1)

2016 REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

Day 1, Part 1

Date: July 18th-21st

Theme: A New American Character

1st Ballot

Bill Haslam – 99.06% of the vote (2,472 Delegates)

Marco Rubio - .90% of the Vote

Ted Cruz - .04% of the Vote

Monday, July 18th, 2016 – America’s Moral Standards

- Bob Corker, Senator of Tennessee

Bob_Corker_RNC.png

Thank you my fellow conservatives, my fellow Republicans and my fellow Americans,

As a Member of the Senate Relations Committee, I know more than one thing about Foreign Policy. Let me tell you that Hillary Clinton’s idea is just a copy and paste of Obama’s Foreign Policy. If you don’t know what that means, I would like to explain it to you. Dictators like Bashar Al-Assad continues to rule and oppress their countries. We will have a much stronger North Korea and Iran. Russia will continue to run rough shot over us. This is Something we truly can’t afford!

For the last 7 Years, We have had an extremely weak Foreign Policy and watched our status in the world slowly diminish. I think you have all seen the outcome of this as well: Any and Every Country has the chance to walk over us like it’s nothing and under Hillary Clinton, this will continue.

For me, however, there is one clear choice this November: My State’s Governor, Bill Haslam. Under a Bill Haslam Presidency, Bashar Al-Assad will be finally overthrown and the Syrian people will be Freed! Under a Haslam administration, North Korea and Iran will be forced renounce their Nuclear Weapon Stockpile or face harsh punishment. Under Haslam, India will become a Nuclear Power to aid us in the future! Finally, with Haslam as President, Russia will realize where it’s place is and retire!

During the Campaign, Bill Haslam talked about Big Moral Diplomacy but there are some who sill doesn’t know what that is. Allow me to answer that question. The first piece, the Big, is taken from Big Stick Diplomacy, an idea of President Theodore Roosevelt. Haslam will spend as much income as possible to improve and enlarge the Military so any threat to us is diminished greatly. The Second Big Piece, Moral, comes from President Woodrow Wilson’s Moral Diplomacy. This means that, as President, Haslam will refuse to deal with any foreign nation that Oppresses it’s people or actively support Terrorist Organizations. Countries that are currently our allies, like Turkey and Saudi Arabia are doing this very thing. Our ‘ally’, Pakistan, gave refuge to Osama Bin Laden. I don’t know what you say to that, but I don’t think allies do such a thing like that. They betrayed America’s trust and now deserve to be sanctioned and to be punished rightfully until end this idea that they can walk all over the United States.

His Idea of Big Moral Diplomacy will return America back to the strength it once was at. It’s time America becomes the world superpower once again. As Bill Haslam’s friend for 14 years, I can say that no man is more qualified to be President then Bill Haslam. He knows how to create jobs. He knows how to make America powerful again. This November, with your help, He will also bring Morality back to the American Government, Thank you and God Bless you all!"

[Audience Cheers]

- Jim Risch, Senator of Idaho

-Mike Turner, Representative of Ohio

-Jim Banks, Representative of Indiana

Day 1, Part 2

July 18th: America's Moral Standards

- Senator John McCain of Arizona, Also 2008 Republican Presidential Nominee

maxresdefault.jpg

"It's an honor, as always, my fellow Republicans, to join you at our national convention as we unanimously nominate Governor Bill Haslam to be the next President of the United States. As a Vietnam War veteran and POW who refused early release in order not to encourage communist propaganda, I've been blessed for so long to play a role in our nation's affairs that I'm conscious only of the debt I owe America because I always put America first before my own interests, and I thank you for the honor.

Over the last few years, terrorism has grown around the world. If we disengage in our fight against terrorism like the Obama administration did by withdrawing in Iraq, ISIS will follow us home just like terrorists followed us home and killed innocent Americans in Garland, San Bernardino and Orlando. ISIS wants Iraq and Syria to be a heaven and a base for radical Islamic extremism to launch further attacks against the United States and its allies. The Middle East is not their ultimate destination. Their ultimate destination is New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago and Phoenix.

We can't allow terrorists to pursue their attacks against us just like Hillary Clinton did on September 11, 2012 when radical Islamic terrorists killed 4 U.S. ambassadors in Benghazi, Libya. Hillary Clinton seeks to lower our security measures as well as our military readiness, which will allow terrorists to destroy freedom, democracy, justice and integrity and reinforce the fear they are triggering by killing more innocent people.

[Boos]

Bill Haslam will do the exact opposite. He has the right foreign policy idea, knowledge, judgement and leadership to lead this nation and make it safer than ever before. Bill Haslam knows that we need stronger American leadership and that's why I trust him to be the next commander-in-chief.

[Applause]

He will increase our defense budget, modernize and reinforce our military. He will expand our alliances and partnerships and that's how we're going to defeat ISIS, Al Qaida, Hezbollah and international terrorism.

The so-called nuclear deal with Iran that this administration signed lifted economic and diplomatic sanctions against Iran, which allowed Iran to get the necessary revenues to keep sponsoring international terrorism and developing its nuclear program and make it able to build nuclear missiles to strike us and our allies, especially Israel. If Israel is annihilated by Iran, this will be not only a disaster but also a genocide that will be committed by Iran. As President of the United States, Bill Haslam will have the courage to take action and keep Iran from taking further money to pursue its insanity. Bill Haslam will make sure that Iran never gets nuclear weapons. He will make sure that Iran will use its nuclear energy not for military purposes but for economic purposes. He will make sure that Iranian nuclear energy will be used for Iran's economic growth. And as long as Iran acts like this, there will be no need to strike Iran, which will reinforce international security and peace.

Russia has violated international territorial integrity over the last few years, especially by invading Georgia in 2008 while I was the Republican nominee, by invading Ukraine and annexing Crimea in 2014 while providing weapons to a pro-Russian insurgency there and by supporting the dictatorial Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad. We need to stand with our allies and stop Vladimir Putin's madness and insanity. Bill Haslam will do so by reinforcing our local alliances, including Ukraine, Turkey and Poland, reinforcing our military presence on the Black Sea and by providing American weapons to Ukrainian troops. Thanks to military arsenal from the United States, the greatest military power in the world, Ukraine will win and Russia will lose. Our Ukrainian allies will defeat these pro-Russian terrorist groups and give Ukraine back to the Ukrainian people. Syria is led by a terrorist named Bashar al-Assad who is slaying his own people in order to reinforce his power. Assad's tyranny pushed some people in Syria to become radicalized and to convert to radical Islamic terrorism. Assad is one of the responsible of terrorist rise in Syria and all this mess in the Middle East. And yet Russia is supporting Assad diplomatically and militarily for economic purposes. Russia should put the fight against ISIS ahead of its own interests through defending the Assad regime, a procedure that Mr. Putin doesn't embrace. As long as Assad remains in power, our fight against radical Islamic terrorism will be difficult and ineffective. Assad must be removed from power. President Bill Haslam and our allies will ensure that will happen and they will help Syria to establish a democratic government, which will ensure Syria's freedom. That way, Syria will be given back to the Syrian people an Syrians will finally be masters of their own destiny. Our fight against ISIS will be much easier because the Syrian people will have finally regained trust in their government due to integrity and freedom. Democracy, freedom and integrity are elements required to ensure security.

Only together, we will defeat our enemies and keep America as well as all the rest of the world safe and free. Because as Abraham Lincoln once said: United we stand, divided we fall."

- Representative Don Bacon of Nebraska

- Representative Jody Hice of Georgia

- Senator Todd Young of Indiana

With all this hawkish stuff coming out towards Russia, how long before some embarrsing emails from the RNC just happen to be released?

Lol.

But in reality, what do you think of the RNC (Day 2 will be "A Moderate America", Day 3 will be "A Balanced America" and Day 4 will be "A Greener America", each being 3 parts long)

But in reality, what do you think of the RNC (Day 2 will be "A Moderate America", Day 3 will be "A Balanced America" and Day 4 will be "A Greener America", each being 3 parts long)
i do like it not to mention I agree with practically everything they are saying on foregin policy, I would advise them though not to bring up Wilson as a role model.

I'm sure Haslam will condemn Turkey for the purge in the aftermath of the coup attempt.

Turkey is a big point of anger by the GOP during the Convention and the next Major speaker will give no mercy to Erdogan as he is, after the coup, no better than any other Dictator. This begins a slow Turkish shift to align with Russia, though one big Haslam promise will push Erdogan away from the USA and it has something to do with a nearly century long promise to a people that has been forgotten. ;)

Republican National Convention, 2016 (Day 1, Part 3)
Day 1, Part 3

July 18th: America's Moral Standards

- Johnny Isakson, Senator of Georgia

180px-Johnny_Issakson_RNC.png

“Thank you, my Fellow Americans!

It is an honor of mine to stand here in front of you today to nominate my fellow Southerner Bill Haslam for the Republicans in 2016. He has the right foreign policy ideas and right plans to make America the Moral beacon it was so many years ago.

There are many who question the Moral part of Haslam’s Big Moral Diplomacy and we all have a feeling that Hillary Clinton will say that Woodrow Wilson, who began the idea of Moral Diplomacy, used it as unjust justification to invade and mess around in Central America and that by doing this, Haslam is racist.

[Audience Boos]

Hillary, I want to ask you this: Did you not hear about Haslam’s promise to not intervene in any Country that violates Human rights and only to Embargo and blockade them. You will try to pull the race card but it will not work tonight. The Republicans and Bill Haslam are much better and much smarter than that!

Now that that has been settled, I want to say something: 3 days ago, the Turkish military attempted a legal coup against President Erdogan to remove him from power after he took several actions to begin securing any and all government power for himself. Now he has begun to purge the Military for doing this so he can ensure loyalty to him and him alone. We see this all the times in Dictatorships, folks! Erdogan, it’s time to put aside the lies, you are a dictator! For years, you have funded extremist groups with Saudi Arabia and under President Obama, you could get away with it! Not under a Haslam Presidency! You helped create the terror we all know as ISIS that is plaguing the Middle East right now!

Let us not also forget that you don’t want to recognize the Armenian Genocide, something that you need to! Even if you don’t want to, it is the right thing to do! Obama promised to recognize the Armenian Genocide but when he became President, he somehow forgot about it under the sole reason that Turkey is a key ally in the Middle East. Now, we have more key allies in the Middle East than just Turkey and Saudi Arabia!

Under Haslam, America will force the regime in Turkey to return rights to its citizens and end this desecration of Ataturk’s legacy! Help Haslam and in November, America will truly have it’s Moral beacon status once more!

[Audience Cheers]

- Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming

- Former President George Walker Bush

- Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.