Challenge: name an airplane uglier than the Lloyd Luftkreuzer

marathag

Banned
Curtis Sparrowhawk. it's not the plane but the concept and its application that's ugly, and deadly to the crew.

But no aircrew was lost in accidents of the F9C2 in flight operations, just that the motherships themselves had the accidents. Sparrowhawks pilots were safer than those flying off Lex or Sara

Driftless

Donor
^^^ The USN has a surviving Sparrowhawk at their excellent naval aviation museum in Pensacola, FL. I remember seeing that plane many years ago and it's very small size was remarkable.

However when your position is about to be overrun by the bad bods and an A10 swoops in and blasts them all to Hell and Back, then it is the most beautiful aircraft in the world!

And the Girl you take home after 10 pints of best bitter is a lot more attractive than the one you wake up next to in the morning. Circumstances screw up your perception of such things.

Lets not forget the aircraft known to its crew as the

Big Ugly Fat F***er

main-qimg-fa3cdfd3557b058857416d8da5c82bff

I'm sure the North Vietnamese were even less complimentary about it.

And the Girl you take home after 10 pints of best bitter is a lot more attractive than the one you wake up next to in the morning. Circumstances screw up your perception of such things.

After 10 pints I think most people will have a hard time waking up or seeing anything save perhaps a bowl inside of a loo...

I've always thought the Dornier 335, and the later FW-190's with the thin wings and long noses would not have won any beauty contests