challenge: Make the failed German Revolution of 1848 succeed

Titus_Pullo

Banned
How would you make the failed German revolution of 1848 succeed? What would be the long term consequences for European history with a liberal democratic Germany?

How would you make the failed German revolution of 1848 succeed? What would be the long term consequences for European history with a liberal democratic Germany?

I've been working on a TL about this recently. Look for "WI Frederick William IV accepted the Frankfurt Parliament's crown?".

Basically, all you need to do to get the Frankfurt Parliament to establish itself as the legitimate government of Germany is to get FW IV to accept their crown. I chose to have this occur by having FW IV be born as a person with a completely different world-view. You could also try and alter his childhood upbringing.

I've been working on a TL about this recently. Look for "WI Frederick William IV accepted the Frankfurt Parliament's crown?".

Basically, all you need to do to get the Frankfurt Parliament to establish itself as the legitimate government of Germany is to get FW IV to accept their crown. I chose to have this occur by having FW IV be born as a person with a completely different world-view. You could also try and alter his childhood upbringing.
Or you could fiddle with the other events of 1848 which involve a significantly less objectionable number of probable butterflies...
mischief.gif

His mindset doesn't even have to be completely different. William II of the Netherlands turned from conservative to liberal within one night, as the legend goes, mostly caused by the large threat of revolution. Basicly, turn FWIV into a wussy, and it will robably be enough.