Challenge:Make France the Ruler of Europe by 1970

Emperor_Coz

Banned
Some Clarifications:
Must not diverge before 1900
By Europe I mean controls Iberia,Germany,the Low Countries,the British Isles (if you want),Poland,the Balkans,Italy,Austria,Hungary,and for a real challenge Turkey and Russia.
Has to be semi-realistic,I.E can have luck but no MASSIVE luck.
Can be puppets but NOT allies.

Would require a 1870 pod at the very least reversing the results of the Franco-Prussian war IMO

By 1900 Germany and the rest of Europe are too strong - and Britian has been for at least 200 years if not much longer

A French victory by the 2nd French Empire in 1870 would change a lot of things and continue the rule of the Bonapartist regime into the 20C at the expense of the fledgling New Germany gaining hegemony in Western Europe.

That should give it a decent start.

Emperor_Coz

Banned
Would require a 1870 pod at the very least reversing the results of the Franco-Prussian war IMO

By 1900 Germany and the rest of Europe are too strong - and Britian has been for at least 200 years if not much longer

A French victory by the 2nd French Empire in 1870 would change a lot of things and continue the rule of the Bonapartist regime into the 20C at the expense of the fledgling New Germany gaining hegemony in Western Europe.

That should give it a decent start.
Very interesting,I can post one in Pre-1900 althist if you want.But something else could be Italy joining the war in 1914,with the Netherlands and Denmark.

Maybe ToV is less harsh, and France goes communist/fascist, and Allies with the Italians and Soviets, they take over mainland Europe, then Italy and the USSR collapse and France does some land grabbing.