General world technology (slightly different than OTL by now?)

Affairs in Asia/Africa. New World should still be the same unless the Spanish are being changed or something.

YOU HAD TO GO FOR THE HARD STUFF XD.

Ok, well, civil/military technology in Italy is better than OTL, due to the unified nature of it and Leonardo/Cesare's reforms and projects. Military tech has been improved in the nature of improved firearms and artillery. The rest is pretty much the same.

Not long before the Ottomans invade Mamluks in OTL, Barbary vassal states probably soon to be vassalised too. Remember its pretty much 1516 now, after the siege of Transylvania. 2 years before the Mamluk conquest.

New World is sort of the same, but with the loss of Southern Italy its harder to do with less capital.

Last edited:
I'd love to see an update on each of the other major European powers. How has Russia been doing? Has Spain reprioritised with the loss of Naples? What is France upto? Is England still peripheral? How is Denmark handling the situation post-Treaty? I'd love a proper in-depth breakdown of this. :D

I'd love to see an update on each of the other major European powers. How has Russia been doing? Has Spain reprioritised with the loss of Naples? What is France upto? Is England still peripheral? How is Denmark handling the situation post-Treaty? I'd love a proper in-depth breakdown of this. :D

-Rogue suggests ideas-

-Goes to Rogue to ask how to answer these ideas-

Ok no I'm kidding. That is a great idea.

Also forgot to mention that Kalmar did get quite a bit of money and even some minor land grabs E.g. Rugen, not to mention confirmed claims on Holstein.

England is in a very similar situation, however they are now working with the Duchy of Brabant on the continent.

France, after grabbing Flanders and losing the opportunities in Italy, will probably go after the New World.

Last edited:
-Rogue suggests ideas-

-Goes to Rogue to ask how to answer these ideas-

Ok no I'm kidding. That is a great idea.

Also forgot to mention that Kalmar did get quite a bit of money and even some minor land grabs E.g. Rugen, not to mention confirmed claims on Holstein.

England is in a very similar situation, however they are now working with the Duchy of Brabant on the continent.

France, after grabbing Flanders and losing the opportunities in Italy, will probably go after the New World.

Moar!

(And it isn't like I was testing you, or was I MWhahahahaha!)

But, no, seriously - what waves have there been - I needs ma details! Gimmie!

Moar!

(And it isn't like I was testing you, or was I MWhahahahaha!)

But, no, seriously - what waves have there been - I needs ma details! Gimmie!

Tidal wave in 1515.

Nah I'm kidding. After the combined stalemate of the Flanders War, England and Brabant began to work together, and prepared for New World ventures after their moderate successes on the mainland. In the deal they established, Brabantine merchants could visit and have free trading in these colonies, however they would be run by English administrators.

France is in a similar boat. Seeing the Spanish focus more on the New World and the apparent riches coming from there, they are also beginning to plan for their colonies establishment in North America.

So basically its a Dog gets followed by Cat who gets followed by Mouse

Or Spain --> France --> Brabantine-English.

Brabant is involved in the English colonies? German really is going to be an official alt-US language here then. :p

Dutch* and yes. As France is slightly stronger in this timeline (No 50 years in Italy and Flanders), and as they are beginning to start colonising, it makes sense for the Dutch and English to at least do some form of working together.

Last edited:
Facepalm.

German. Well aside from my obviously meaning Dutch when I said German :p, is France going to be fighting wars along the Imperial frontier earlier? Also, the Reformation? How did that end up going?

Facepalm.

German. Well aside from my obviously meaning Dutch when I said German :p, is France going to be fighting wars along the Imperial frontier earlier? Also, the Reformation? How did that end up going?

Dutch: Swampy German.

And probably, they still aren't keen on the German states, no event here could really change that.

Reformation? Well, due to the earlier peace agreement, the reformation is still spreading, but just much more slowly. No need for violent action when a compromise is already reached.

Dutch: Swampy German.

And probably, they still aren't keen on the German states, no event here could really change that.

Reformation? Well, due to the earlier peace agreement, the reformation is still spreading, but just much more slowly. No need for violent action when a compromise is already reached.
Any attempt to compromise in a theological sense?

Overview of Current Restored Rome Timeline States: 1515-1517

The Kalmar Union:

The Kalmar Union had been involved in looting the remaining northern Catholic strongholds (usually Imperial Cities) along the northern coast of Germany e.g. Hamburg. This gave them favourable terms with the Protestant Germans, with them almost being seen as the defenders of their faith. However, there were still minor issues with the different states e.g. Pomerania. At the end of the Ten Years War, the Kalmar Union was given additional territories such as Rugen (which was leased to the Swedish part of his crown in exchange for additional support in the nobility), as well as 150,000 Aureau and solidified claims on Holstein. In exchange, there was to be a long 20 years peace agreement between Kalmar and the HRE. These funds, lands and legitimacy drastically helped Christian II to placate the Swedish Nobility and gave him money for reforms to reduce rebellion and revolt.

The Kingdom of England:

England was famously neutral in the Ten Years War, however once the French had invaded Flanders and had threatened Calais, they had allied with the Dutch (eventually under the Duchy of Brabant) to fend off the French. After several city sieges and the final battle of Terneuzen, an agreement was reached that the regions north of Eindhoven would be granted to the Duchy of Brabant, the rest being formally annexed into the Kingdom of France. This gave England a dependable Continental ally, of which the Dutch merchants and nobility shall help England to colonize the new world.

The Kingdom of France:

By comparison the French had pretty much won so far. They had gained a relatively passive (to them) nation in the south, losing few men, then took Flanders, one of the richest regions of Europe from the Hapsburg's. Now, with most borders pacified, they set their eyes west, to the New World. Spain had been gaining riches from these new 'colonies', even with their loss of peninsula Italy. France is now one of the most powerful Kingdoms of Europe. It must exploit these resources across the seas.

The Kingdom of Spain:

The Kingdom of Spain fought on, its loss of territory in the Italian peninsula largely offset by the glorious riches of the Caribbean Isles. They conquered in the New World unopposed. However, the French and even the English-Brabantines were beginning to catch up on them. Spain must dominate this new world, and then use its riches to strike west, retaking Italy and securing the western Mediterranean. Work with the defunct Austrians and make the English Hapsburg's!

The Archduchy of Austria:

Austria had been made a fool of during the Ten Years War, only saved by the boom of Cesare's Italian guns. It had hung onto its titles and land by a hair. However, now was the time for Austria to strike. Now having dealt with the revolutionary Protestants, and with all nations focused on other ventures, now was its time to unite the Empire. The Archbishopric of Cologne, Duchy of Brabant and Flanders had slipped through its fingers. Now was the time to tighten its grip. The Empire had an excuse to be centralised. Renovatio Imperii!

The Duchy of Brabant:

The Duchy of Brabant had risen from the chaos and ashes of the Ten Years War, its nobles fearful of both the French and Austrians. Their maritime culture was beginning to take shape, and its alliance with England held it strong against threats from Cologne. It's colonial ideas could make it rich across the seas, if it can just hold off its land borders. Nevertheless, it shall triumph. Glory to the Seven Nobles! Glory to the Duchy of Brabant!

The Ottoman Empire:

The Osmanli's prepared for their invasion of the Mamluk and Dulkadir territories, their armies assembling for war in the south once again after defeating the Safavids in 1514. However, their failed attempts at civil war in Hungary to gain a vassal had failed. The moronic John Zapolya had failed against the Italian, Marcus Borgia-Palaiologos. This shows that their attempts of a tributary state in Hungary had failed. They must show an example to Europe. They must kill it by force, and end the Borgian experiment. Their combined forces of Hungary and Italy were strong, however the Ottomans were stronger, their navy invincible, their armies undefeated. Glory to the horse tailed banner! Glory to the House of Osman!

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth:

Sigismund's dream of a Polish-Lithuanian-Hungarian Commonwealth had failed, at least for now. The armies of Poland instead used against the Muscovites. Sigismund would get his chance. With the subjugation of the Prussians in the Baltic and the Livonians hanging on by a thread, they were in a great position, except for the Muscovite's. Poland must show its strength, the Jagellion's a true rival of the Hapsburg's.

The Grand Duchy of Muscovy:

The Muscovites, under the rule of Vasili III, Prince of Muscovy, laid waste to the Poles and Lithuanians. In the south, the Safavids could pose to a valuable ally against the rising Ottomans, themselves eager for blood in revenge for the loss of northern Mesopotamia and the Caucuses. The Grand Duchy of Muscovy had further centralised, annexing its vassal states Pskov and the appanage of Volokolamsk. Sigismund was right to fear the Russian threat. The hordes of the east and south were crumbling. It was time to take them for the Orthodox cross.

Map of 1516-1517:
1516 Map Cesare Borgia Venice Same.png

This is a basic overview of the states currently in 1515-1517. Hope everyone enjoyed!

Thanks for reading!

-Josh

Last edited:
For anyone wondering, the reason I didn't include either Hungary nor Italy was because they were the key focuses of the previous updates. I have put a lot of work into those two, so not needed as much as the others.