Certain Alternate History Philippine Ideas

These are two ideas I am exploring for an AH.

Luzon was not largely considered as one Island but sometimes as two or three islands connected by the Isthmus of Metro Manila and the Sierra Madre and Tayabas Isthmus connecting to Bicol/Ibalon to the rest of Southern Luzon prior to the Spanish Invasion similar to North America and Southern Luzon, technically there was no widespread concept of a "Luzon" so that Island could be considered as two Islands or three islands, Metro Manila back then was not really a population center and people did not really live there according to some historian I talked to and it seems that Metro Manila was only in its present configuration only recently according to studies and the Chinese mention Sanfotsi/Zabag (N. Luzon)and Kumintang(S. Luzon) as different places, I think this can be played and used as a plot in an alternate history.

Another Idea is for Butuan to retain its control over Mindanao instead of Maguindanao.

Last edited:
The fact that Metro Manila is not in its current configuration until the past Millenium, plus the fact that the area between Northern and Southern Luzon is hilly.
So I guess that in this planned scenario of yours, that region between Northern and Southern Luzon couple be populated by a group that could speak a direct descendant of PPH, right?

So I guess that in this planned scenario of yours, that region between Northern and Southern Luzon couple be populated by a group that could speak a direct descendant of PPH, right?
No, Luzon is still considered two or three different landmasses so it remains the same the geography lore is different.