Central Europe Map [WIP, need help]

Hello, I'm quite new here (This is my first post though...), and I wanted to show a map I was making for a small role player forum (~16 ppl, somewhat focused on alternate history writing and politics) And thought, "Hey, I was registered on that mapper forum, maybe they can give me a bit feedback to my map." (of course not literally, but I think it should be clear what was meant or intended to be told with that sentence)

So, uhm, this is my first map i've drawn completely on my own (used QBAM or others before), and I wanted to ask which mistakes I have made so far (probably 9000+) and what I could improve (also probably 9000+).

The map was made on an upscaled Victoria II map (Whose original field borders are sometimes quite unaccurate, I only used the map for general orientation and proportion orientation.

White is coast, silver/gray administrative borders, red are 1815 borders (excluding inner german borders), orange is contemporary and mint are other historical borders.

As you can see, The map was situated around the 1800s to early 1900s, which explains the high detailing around Austria(-Hungary)

Also please note that it's not finished yet.

Here it is:
europe_map.png

greetings,

Valdore

Last edited:
Hello, I'm quite new here (This is my first post though...), and I wanted to show a map I was making for a small role player forum (~16 ppl, somewhat focused on alternate history writing and politics) And thought, "Hey, I was registered on that mapper forum, maybe they can give me a bit feedback to my map." (of course not literally, but I think it should be clear what was meant or intended to be told with that sentence)

So, uhm, this is my first map i've drawn completely on my own (used QBAM or others before), and I wanted to ask which mistakes I have made so far (probably 9000+) and what I could improve (also probably 9000+).

The map was made on an upscaled Victoria II map (Whose original field borders are sometimes quite unaccurate, I only used the map for general orientation and proportion orientation.

White is coast, silver/gray administrative borders, red are 1815 borders (excluding inner german borders), orange is contemporary and mint are other historical borders.

As you can see, The map was situated around the 1800s to early 1900s, which explains the high detailing around Austria(-Hungary)

Also please note that it's not finished yet.

Here it is:
europe_map.png

greetings,

Valdore
You should help us with M-BAM.

You should help us with M-BAM.
Oh, really?
I mean, despite the fact that I would really like it (loved the idea of M-BAM), I have no real practical experience with making maps...

But if you really insist that I'm good enough for the probably most Important work for the next few years, then I'll try it, need much information, much much :D

Oh and btw, could you tell me, what on my map can be done better? I don't want that my map looks wrongly...

Oh, really?
I mean, despite the fact that I would really like it (loved the idea of M-BAM), I have no real practical experience with making maps...

But if you really insist that I'm good enough for the probably most Important work for the next few years, then I'll try it, need much information, much much :D

Oh and btw, could you tell me, what on my map can be done better? I don't want that my map looks wrongly...
Your mapping skills are excellent, IMO. I'd suggest though maybe just changing the colour scheme to dark-on-light rather than vice versa, and also adding a separate water colour?

Your mapping skills are excellent, IMO. I'd suggest though maybe just changing the colour scheme to dark-on-light rather than vice versa, and also adding a separate water colour?
Okay, thanks

A water color and co are already existing, but the map in the first post is just a show of the basic outlines.
Actually, with a complete map it looks quite good with the "dark" theme.

Example:
austria_hungary_1897.png

A very good map, but if you allow a fellow Austrohungarian a small nit to pick: The Republic of Krakau was immediately added to Galizien when it was annexed, and never a seperate Kronland.