Catholic England effects on America

Let's say England stays catholic and is able to still colonize the east coast of North America. Maybe Henry VIII has a son with Catherine, or Mary I is successful in making England Catholic again. How would a Catholic England colonize the New World? Would the English colonizes be home to religious minorities? How would a Catholic English North America look like in this world? Would the United States, or a nation like it still have a chance at forming? Would this alternate USA still have freedom of religion or would it be officially Catholic?

The colonies in America might be far enough away for religious minorities to practice their religion without too much bother.

The colonies in America might be far enough away for religious minorities to practice their religion without too much bother.
That assumes that they are allowed to engage in colonisation.

Every other Catholic power that engaged in colonisation of the Americas were very particular about not sending people who were insufficiently Catholic...not that they were 100% successful in doing that, mind...

Every other Catholic power that engaged in colonisation of the Americas were very particular about not sending people who were insufficiently Catholic...not that they were 100% successful in doing that, mind...
I thought of tactics such as infiltration and super-secret practice of their religious beliefs.

Every other Catholic power that engaged in colonisation of the Americas were very particular about not sending people who were insufficiently Catholic
I can definitely see this with a Mary I scenario but how about a Henry VIII having a son scenario? I can’t find the statistics on how protestant England was prior to Henry VIII establishing the Church of England so that’s why I ask. I don’t know how likely it Scotland and England become a single nation, either through marriage or conquest, but Scotland was still protestant and I’m curious just how many others from the British isles make it to the English colonies, or if it’s purely just English

If Mary I lived longer and Don Carlos survived or married Elizabeth of Valois, the Philippines would be colonized by Spain under the Crown of Portugal instead, and no Legaspi Expedition.

What does the Philippines have to do with England?
Since the Philippines and the Spanish colonies of the Americas were entwined at one point and that POD removes it, this might cause changes for Spain if the Portuguese were the ones who colonize it which will affect the English and Spanish interactions in America.

Since the Philippines and the Spanish colonies of the Americas were entwined at one point and that POD removes it, this might cause changes for Spain if the Portuguese were the ones who colonize it which will affect the English and Spanish interactions in America.
Since its been asked: I wonder what would happen if the English were to colonize the Philippines instead?

What does the Philippines have to do with England?
Only thing I see is butterflies of a potential Catholic America not getting them later on?
A lot has yet to be answered about the initial Catholic English colonization of the Americas and OTL 13 colonies. America’s modern day superpower status is put into question by how different this colonization could have been