cast the cold war

I've seen some of the cast threads, and I wasn't sure if this has been done before. Who could play the major figures in the Cold War? Harry S Truman's up first.

Obama as Nikolai Yezhov.

Obama%20in%20Philadelphia.jpg

Ezhov.PNG

Harry S Truman's up first.

I am really no good at this, but I think, someone should start.
First thought was: someone with a certain "ordinary guy" quality.

Tom Hanks, maybe di Caprio in a few years time.

If Tarentino directs: Michael Madsen.

How about we cast the POTUS/SecGens first? As a side note, an upcoming RFK campaign film has Matt Damon as RFK- not a bad choice IMO.

Truman: Gary Sinise

Who plays Macarthur assuming the strength of his ego cant revive him long enough for a role in this move, as both god/himself?

Hapsburg

Banned
Who plays Macarthur assuming the strength of his ego cant revive him long enough for a role in this move, as both god/himself?

Gregory Peck did a good job, but he's kinda dead and stuff. Liam Neeson, maybe?

LBJ should be obvious: Michael Gambon. Likewise, Robert S. MacNamara would be done by Alec Baldwin. It worked before, and it'll work again. :D

Hapsburg

Banned
He could. But I'd like to him do Nixon again, he did really well as him in Frost/Nixon.

Now, just brainstorming here. JFK: I'd like to say Michael J. Fox, but with his condition, I dunno. Ten years ago, twelve years ago, I'd have said yes, no problems. But now...idk. Any ideas?

Wolfpaw

Banned
I always thought Bob Hoskins would be the best Khrushchev. When I saw that they actually cast him as Mr. K in Enemy at the Gates, I felt a nice twinge of satisfaction.

6a00d8341c4e3853ef0115718fbf27970b-800wi
SuperStock_1035-1044.jpg