Candlestick park is not renovated in 1989

I watched the 30/30 series on Disney+ about the 1989 Earthquake impact on the world series. Candlestick park was damaged, but it could have been worse as it had been renovated earlier that year. Without the renovation the upper deck could have collapsed. What would happen if it had not been renovated? How does thousands of deaths inside a stadium impact California sports or the MLB?

Are any good places to put stadiums not geologically active?

California is a big market so I can't see sports leaving, but they'll certainly try being more careful about where they build.

I watched the 30/30 series on Disney+ about the 1989 Earthquake impact on the world series. Candlestick park was damaged, but it could have been worse as it had been renovated earlier that year. Without the renovation the upper deck could have collapsed. What would happen if it had not been renovated? How does thousands of deaths inside a stadium impact California sports or the MLB?
The thing is San Fransisco was full for a NFL stadium, we might get oracle park early and 49ers might have moved to Santa Clara early too

Are any good places to put stadiums not geologically active?

California is a big market so I can't see sports leaving, but they'll certainly try being more careful about where they build.
I was thinking more in the lines of the psycological effects of thousands dead on live TV