Can the Fascist/Roman salute become mainstream in the 20th century?

Is It possible for the fascist salute to compete with the handshake as the standard way of greeting each other regardless of the specific ideologies?
Obviously making the entire world go fascist doesn't count, I'm asking whether It can spread to democracies too

Maybe? Wasn’t it the Olympic salute too? If the fash don’t ruin it and it becomes a common sport greeting then it may become spread to mainstream society. Though I can’t see it replacing the handshake, well maybe except during a pandemic.

You need to not have the Fascists (or more specifically the Nazis) not adopt it to avoid the massive stigma.

Which means you need another reason for it to start going mainstream.

Is It possible for the fascist salute to compete with the handshake as the standard way of greeting each other regardless of the specific ideologies?
Obviously making the entire world go fascist doesn't count, I'm asking whether It can spread to democracies too
It was common on armies and in leaders swear ins before the nazis showed up, you had the bellamy salute for example

The brazilian army still uses it, so you have people like the Neymar soccer player doing one when he joined the army
neymarbandeiraquartel_flickr62.jpg

The portuguese army still uses it too, and they use the arms up
0:16 of this video

You need to not have the Fascists (or more specifically the Nazis) not adopt it to avoid the massive stigma.

Which means you need another reason for it to start going mainstream.
The fascist salute in it's most used form was first used in the kolossal Cabiria, written by Italian intellectual Gabriele D'Annunzio in 1914. I guess that's a start

Maybe? Wasn’t it the Olympic salute too? If the fash don’t ruin it and it becomes a common sport greeting then it may become spread to mainstream society. Though I can’t see it replacing the handshake, well maybe except during a pandemic.
Perhaps the salute becomes the standard in sports and then spreads through society at large when a great pandemic hits

It was the Bellamy salute, which I believe was commonly used in US schools.
The US is an Imperial republic and the salute was popular there, so It might become more popular in countries that think of themselves as heirs of the Roman Empire like Italy or the United States. Brazil too

The US is an Imperial republic and the salute was popular there, so It might become more popular in countries that think of themselves as heirs of the Roman Empire like Italy or the United States. Brazil too
It could work like this:

No nazis, some US president federalizes the bellamy salute for all schools. The citizens finish school and continue greeting people like that on the streets. Foreigners move to the USA and sees the use of the greeting and americans move to other countries and continue doing it, thus during the century this becomes normal.

you know, sometimes when i want to wave at someone, i use my right hand and i don't flex my wrist as much as i normally would but still stretch my arm.

Still just a wave.