Can I see what I like?

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by tom, Nov 22, 2018.

1. tom Member

I am planning on going through the map threads (then the flag and infoboxs) over the next few years and liking my favorites. Is there some way I can see the maps, etc. I like later, without having to go through the threads again?

Zagan likes this.
  2. DJP Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The only way I can think of to do this is to click on the watch thread option, at the top right just under the thread title. Then at a later date if you click on watched threads you will get a list of all your favourite threads. You can also opt to receive an alert whenever the thread is updated.

Failing that makes a list of bookmarks on your browser.

I hope one of these works for you.

Dave

3. January First-of-May Well-Known Member

Some other XenForo sites have a listing on Ratings Given next to Ratings Received, but I have no idea how they got it, unfortunately. AH.com does not appear to have it.

I agree that it would have been very useful... I used to at least automatically watch all the threads I posted in, but that part broke a while back, unfortunately.

4. DJP Well-Known Member

I may be getting things totally wrong regarding alerts and if so I'm sorry but if I'm wrong there is a good chance some will correct me so here goes.

If you post in a threat you should get an alert if someone quotes from or likes your post so you should have received a quoted alert from this.
    Posting doesn't automatically mean you watch a thread, and so you won't get an alert for activity in the thread. If you click on watch thread you get an alert the next time someone posts in the thread. ( this I'm sure is one reason necoing threads is so frowned on all the people who excitedly click only to discover its just someone asking if the thread is alive and not the longed for up date)
    Returning to the alerts, unless you look at the thread responding to the alert you won't get any more for that thread until you do this cuts down on clutter from popular threads.
    As no system is perfect sometimes alerts on watched threads do seem to stick but unwatching (or stop watching) the thread and the clicking on watch thread again should restore your alerts so long as there is activity in the thread.

Regardless of alerts, by watching a thread you can make a personal list of all your favourites.

Hope you get the quote alert and that watched thread alerts start working again for you if not try checking your alert preferences.

Dave

5. FriendlyGhost Haunting history for 45+ yrs

This depends on your settings. Click your username at the top of the page, then click Preferences. There's an option there to Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply... Ticking this will mean that you automatically watch a thread when you reply to it - you can manually 'unwatch' it later if you want.

DJP likes this.