Can a more pro-Napoleon Austria regain Silesia?

This thread may merit a flood of one-word "no" answers and that's fine - I have no real knowledge of the specifics of the situation other than the basic relations between powers at the time. That said, Napoleon seemed to have no issue truncating Prussia for the benefit of his German allies, Saxony particularly, so I have to wonder (and ask) if Austria was a bit more pro-Napoleon and a bit more committed to the Austro-French alliance, could they have regained Silesia or part of Silesia?

This thread may merit a flood of one-word "no" answers and that's fine - I have no real knowledge of the specifics of the situation other than the basic relations between powers at the time. That said, Napoleon seemed to have no issue truncating Prussia for the benefit of his German allies, Saxony particularly, so I have to wonder (and ask) if Austria was a bit more pro-Napoleon and a bit more committed to the Austro-French alliance, could they have regained Silesia or part of Silesia?
Definitely. If the Hapsburgs are overthrown by revolutionaries or their monarchy follows Spain's example, then a different partition of Brandenburg-Prussia that benefits Austria is a real possibility. However, if Napoleon still loses, they are unlikely to keep these gains and won't be given dominion of half of Central Europe like OTL because of their cooperation with the enemy.

raharris1973

Gone Fishin'
yes.

Could Austria have gotten Silesia after the battle of jena after which the French stripped away a lot of territory from Prussia? Or was Austria still at war with or hostile to France at the time?

Duchy of Warsaw or restored Kingdom of Poland.

Hmm. I believe the 18th century population of Galicia was something on the order of ten times that of Silesia so I'm not sure that trade makes much sense for the Austrian crown (though if forced on them by Napoleon with Silesia as compensation, a truncated Prussia may be worth it if Napoleon wants to focus on a Poland restoration project in this ATL)

Austria took Galizia at first with hope to switch it for Silesia in the future. If Napoleon proposed Habsburgs deal Silesia for Galizia they would not hestitate.