Bush/Pence 1996 timeline

I had a short Idea for a timeline, this is going to have a POD in the first years or opening of the first bush admin and Bill Clinton does not have another term and Dubya gets a Mike Pence in his late 30's as VP.

I'm not sure why Pence would have the clout for that at the time. I think he was a talk radio figure during the time with no electoral record, and he wasn't really known outside a few circles in Indiana.

He really made his name in the TARP debates in 2008 as a Congressmen who got really mad at leadership over the bank bailouts and later on acting as a bridge between the Tea Party Freshmen and the conservative wing of the party already in Congress in 2011.

Pence wasn't even elected to Congress until 2000. Now it is true that he made two unsuccessful runs for Congress in 1988 and 1990, and in 1988 he came reasonably close. https://www.ourcampaigns.com/RaceDetail.html?RaceID=37614 But even if he won then and kept getting re-elected it's hard to see why this would lead to Clinton not getting a second term or how GW Bush could possibly be the GOP nominee in 1996, given that he will have less than two years experience as governor of Texas, or why he would want Pence as his running mate.

Last edited:
Pence wasn't even elected to Congress until 2000. Now it is true that he made two unsuccessful runs for Congress in 1988 and 1990, and in 1988 he came reasonably close. https://www.ourcampaigns.com/RaceDetail.html?RaceID=37614 But even if he won then and kept getting re-elected it's hard to see why this would lead to Clinton not getting a second term or how GW Bush could possibly be the GOP nominee in 1996, given that he will have less than two years experience as governor of Texas, or why he would want Pence as his running mate.
Trump was not even qualified and won the office so it is possible, people would vote some one who holds the propaganda.

Last edited:
Trump was not even qualified and won the office so it is possible, people would vote some one who holds the propaganda.

Trump was already famous and had given several populist opinions through Obama's presidency. And Trump had right timing seek presidency and it helped too that him hadn't so great opponent. Hillary Clinton just was bad choice to Democrats. If they would had choiced Sanders it might be different thing. Would Pence able do same thing?