Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

With a tight 4/3 race Ryan Drummond wins by a single vote. Glad it wasn't a tie otherwise I'd have to make the tie breaking vote.
Ryan Drummond will be Sonic's Permanent Voice Actor.

With a tight 4/3 race Ryan Drummond wins by a single vote. Glad it wasn't a tie otherwise I'd have to make the tie breaking vote.
Ryan Drummond will be Sonic's Permanent Voice Actor.
Nice, and unless he dies or do something stupid(and/or illegal) he would be there to stay

Nice, and unless he dies or do something stupid(and/or illegal) he would be there to stay
His Wikipedia page shows he's been active (Albeit not in voice acting though. He seems to do theater now.) and he wanted to do Sonic in Sonic X IOTL and was even willing to move to New York to do so. He definitely liked being and was dedicated to being Sonic.

His Wikipedia page shows he's been active (Albeit not in voice acting though. He seems to do theater now.) and he wanted to do Sonic in Sonic X IOTL and was even willing to move to New York to do so. He definitely liked being and was dedicated to being Sonic.
That is very nice, he would love still voicing Sonic

Sonic Anime / Sonic X
Sonic X Small.png

Promotional Art

Produced By
TMS Entertainment

Dubbed By
Funimation Global Group, LLC

Channel & Air Date
Cartoon Network
Toonami Block
Fridays at 5:00 PM September 2003 – March 2004
Airs in between Totally Spies and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe(2002)

Weekdays at 5:00 PM March 2004 – May 2006
New Episodes Fridays at 5:00 PM March 2004 – May 2006

Air Date
September 5, 2003 - May 2006
Reruns Ran until 2012

Voice Cast
Sonic the Hedgehog: Ryan Drummond
Miles “Tails” Prower: Connor Bringas
Dr. Eggman: Mike Pollock
Knuckles the Echidna: Scott Dreier
Amy Rose: Lisa Ortiz
Cream the Rabbit: Sarah Wulfeck
Cheese: Ryō Hirohashi
Rouge the Bat: Lani Minella
Decoe: Sean Schemmel
Bocoe: Sonny Straight
Bokkun: Laura Bailey
Christopher Thorndyke: Laura Bailey
Dark Oak: Sean Schemmel
Cosmo: Rebecca Honig
Shadow the Hedgehog: David Humphrey
Big the Cat: Jon St. John
E-102 Gamma: Jon St. Jon
Vector the Crocodile: James Carter Cathcart
Espio the Chameleon: Bill Corkery
Charmy Bee: Emily Corkery
Chaos: (No Voice Actor)
Tikal: Rebecca Honig
Vanilla the Rabbit: Rebecca Honig
Chuck Thorndyke: Mike McFarland
Ella: Mike Pollock
Mr. Tanaka: Sean Schemmel

Intro Song
“Gotta Go Fast!”
Performed by
Norman J. Grossfield and Russel Velazquez​

Unlike Kirby: Right Back At Ya! which was licensed to 4Kids, Nintendo of America thought Sonic could reach a larger audience than the cute puffball Kirby. Sonic X was offered to Funimation, who bought the rights without a second thought. Although Funimation wasn’t prepared for Nintendo of America and Sega themselves getting heavily involved with the voice casting. Sega and Nintendo of America sought to create a permanent voice cast for the Sonic series and used Sonic X to cast a wide net of potential voice actors. A number of voice actors from the voice actors in Sonic Adventure 2, voice actors from Funimation’s Dubs, and even voice actors from 4Kids' Dubs were offered to come audition. Many callbacks were made to a number of voice actors. Ultimately Sega and Nintendo of America found a permanent voice crew for the series.

The dub itself is much better than OTL thanks to the rights being given to Funimation, resulting in a much more coherent dub with no bowdlerization, no missing scenes and the original music track being kept. Although the Japanese opening theme was changed to an original English one at the behest of Nintendo of America, who wanted an intro song that kids could understand.

Alright here’s an update that hopefully won’t have any mistakes! The F-Zero chapter is getting deleted and it will be reposted when we reach the point it should be properly uploaded.
Up next, we’re finally getting into the Pokemon Anime and thanks to Bulbapedia’s incredible documentation of the anime. It will have a brief summary for each episode. Probably going to take a while to write.

Next Chapter: Pokemon Anime Season 6 / Pokemon Advanced
Upcoming Omake: Full Steam Ahead!
Next Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2003
Upcoming Chapter: What What in the Robot? / My Life as a Teenage Robot
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday/Winter 2003
Upcoming Chapter: The Duke of Nukem
Upcoming Chapter: F-Zero Anime / F-Zero GP
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2004 / Rumors Abound
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2004 / 2 Screens, Unlimited Potential
Upcoming Chapter: Dawn of the DS
Upcoming Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2

Alright here’s an update that hopefully won’t have any mistakes! The F-Zero chapter is getting deleted and it will be reposted when we reach the point it should be properly uploaded.
Up next, we’re finally getting into the Pokemon Anime and thanks to Bulbapedia’s incredible documentation of the anime. It will have a brief summary for each episode. Probably going to take a while to write.
Once again, sorry for the problems.
However, I am amazed at how long Sonic X ran in reruns. Like, how is this possible?
Next Chapter: Pokemon Anime Season 6 / Pokemon Advanced
Upcoming Omake: Full Steam Ahead!
Next Chapter: Gaming News Fall 2003
Upcoming Chapter: What What in the Robot? / My Life as a Teenage Robot
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday/Winter 2003
Upcoming Chapter: The Duke of Nukem
Upcoming Chapter: F-Zero Anime / F-Zero GP
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2004 / Rumors Abound
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2004 / 2 Screens, Unlimited Potential
Upcoming Chapter: Dawn of the DS
Upcoming Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2
Is there a way to have Pokemon move to Cartoon Network earlier? Say, Funimation comes to Nintendo of America with a proposal to take over the dubbing rights in exchange for relocating the show off of broadcast television? We know what they're capable of with Sonic X and the accidental sneak peek of F-Zero: GP Legend.

Oh, I am just too excited for MLAATR!

..is more cowbell!
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll walk right out. You don't have to throw tomatoes at me.

Once again, sorry for the problems.
However, I am amazed at how long Sonic X ran in reruns. Like, how is this possible?
It's not your fault. The F-Zero series just has poor documentation. I'm glad you corrected me.

OTL Sonic X ran for a very long time. First it was on FoxBox, then 4KidsTV, then TheCW4Kids, then Toonzai, then Vortexx, then KidsClick planned to air the show but the block was shut down before it had a chance to air it. For some perspective Vortexx launched in 2012 and was defunct in 2014. While KidsClick launched in 2017. A whole decade after Sonic X had ended in 2006. Sonic X is just adored by the Network.

Is there a way to have Pokemon move to Cartoon Network earlier? Say, Funimation comes to Nintendo of America with a proposal to take over the dubbing rights in exchange for relocating the show off of broadcast television? We know what they're capable of with Sonic X and the accidental sneak peek of F-Zero: GP Legend.
Actually OTL Cartoon Network has been airing old episodes of Pokemon since 2002, but just like OTL they'll have to wait until 4Kids license expires in 2006 to air the current episodes.

Also just an FYI 4Kids has the license to Kirby: Right Back At Ya! until 2009. So it'll be awhile until we do anything with that series.

It's not your fault. The F-Zero series just has poor documentation. I'm glad you corrected me.
Well, thanks!
OTL Sonic X ran for a very long time. First it was on FoxBox, then 4KidsTV, then TheCW4Kids, then Toonzai, then Vortexx, then KidsClick planned to air the show but the block was shut down before it had a chance to air it. For some perspective Vortexx launched in 2012 and was defunct in 2014. While KidsClick launched in 2017. A whole decade after Sonic X had ended in 2006. Sonic X is just adored by the Network.
You can say THAT again!
Actually OTL Cartoon Network has been airing old episodes of Pokemon since 2002, but just like OTL they'll have to wait until 4Kids license expires in 2006 to air the current episodes.
Okay. At least consider the possibility of Funimation dubbing the more recent seasons.
Also just an FYI 4Kids has the license to Kirby: Right Back At Ya! until 2009. So it'll be awhile until we do anything with that series.
Woof! Good thing Sonic X lasted so long on Cartoon Network, because that is a long time to wait!

One more thing to ask. What would happen to 4Kids now that they don't have their cash cow to milk? Would Yu-Gi-Oh move to Fox Box sooner than 2006? Or would something else happen to the company's schedules?

I'm wondering how different TTL's DS & Wii will be. In OTL the DS & Wii were (IIRC) the way they were in part because the GameCube failed to meet Nintendo sales expectations. They wanted 35 Million in hardware sales & only got 21.75. In TTL the GameCube seems to be on it's way to meeting Nintendo's expectations for it. That alongside Sega's influence should make TTL's DS & Wii a whole lot different in quite a few ways.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how different TTL's DS & Wii will be. In OTL the DS & Wii were (IIRC) the way they were in part because the GameCube failed to meet Nintendo sales expectations. They wanted 35 Million in hardware sales & got only 21.75. In TTL the GameCube seem to be on it's way to meeting Nintendo's expectations for it. That alongside Sega's influence should make TTL's DS & Wii a whole lot different in quite a few ways.
I think DS was to be safe,even with the buyout, that doesn't butterfly away the PSP and they might goes the same ideas of the touch generation to disrupt the PSP(plus sony fucking mishandled the PSP and vita and that is all sony), but with a successful GC, project tako(ie octopus in Japanese) might be pushed forward, as was GC failure, Nintendo chained to IBM contract and Takeda lateral thinking that we got the wii.

EDIT: now wonder if https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudeki might have been grandfathered in the ambassador project

Last edited:
I'm wondering how different TTL's DS & Wii will be. In OTL the DS & Wii were (IIRC) the way they were in part because the GameCube failed to meet Nintendo sales expectations. They wanted 35 Million in hardware sales & only got 21.75. In TTL the GameCube seems to be on it's way to meeting Nintendo's expectations for it. That alongside Sega's influence should make TTL's DS & Wii a whole lot different in quite a few ways.
Specifics on the DS are still foggy, but it'll be mostly the same as OTL. PictoChat will use Nintendo Netcast to send/receive messages & drawings over the Internet as opposed to the local wireless of OTL.

As for Wii again specifics are foggy, but the GPU will be developed by NVIDIA. Being based around the GeForce 6 Series GPU used in Sega's Lindbergh Arcade.
Thanks @Nivek for this suggestion earlier in the thread.

EDIT: now wonder if https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudeki might have been grandfathered in the ambassador project
I'm gonna say yeah that's another game taken from Microsoft TTL!
Man Nintendo's taking all these games from Microsoft. Good thing they grabbed Crash, Spyro, Warcraft, Starcraft and are saving Duke Nukem Forever from development hell. Speaking of development hell, Starcraft: Ghost is another failed project Microsoft saves TTL. (Thanks Vivendi Universal buyout.)

I'm gonna say yeah that's another game taken from Microsoft TTL!
Man Nintendo's taking all these games from Microsoft. Good thing they grabbed Crash, Spyro, Warcraft, Starcraft and are saving Duke Nukem Forever from development hell. Speaking of development hell, Starcraft: Ghost is another failed project Microsoft saves TTL. (Thanks Vivendi Universal buyout.)
Not to mention the rights to Leisure Suit Larry, which would be perfect for Adult Swim's audience. I mean, if it's okay for you to consider a LSL animated series for adults.

PictoChat will use Nintendo Netcast to send/receive messages & drawings over the Internet as opposed to the local wireless of OTL.
And might be dropped earlier when creeps ruin it.

As for Wii again specifics are foggy, but the GPU will be developed by NVIDIA. Being based around the GeForce 6 Series GPU used in Sega's Lindbergh Arcade.
After remembering the Tako slideshow I would say butterflies made Nintendo keep ATI AMD as they already work with it for the HD GPU (as took the switch to Nvidia finally do something good for Nintendo, they fumbled up the Tegra for 3DS to begin with) but depends what hardware team decides.

Starcraft: Ghost is another failed project Microsoft saves TTL.
A very good butterfly ittl.