Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

Well, I simply pitched the idea due to both franchises being under the same company catalog and seemingly appearing one directly after the other in the update itinerary.
OTL we've even less flimsy reasons ( see TMS) but again if a crossover episode idea would come would be from Sonic team itself, as they liked those as Phantasy Star Universe and online 2 proved it. Again the question is how making it work, we can still have star fox themed items and quest in online or Universe if happens.

Furries vs Scalies / Star Fox: Uncharted Space
446010.jpg

In-Game Screenshot. Showing Slippy’s inevitable destruction by some bogeys.
Truly showing that the game has inherited the soul of Star Fox 64.

Star Fox: Uncharted Space
Developer: Smilebit (Sega), Nintendo EAD
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Arcade, GameCube
Release Date: December 15, 2003

Characters / Voice Cast
Fox McCloud: Mike West
Falco Lombardi: Mark Lund
Slippy Toad: Lyssa Browne
Peppy Hare: Rick May
Fay Spaniel: Alesia Glidewell
ROB 64: David Frederick White
General Pepper: David Frederick White
Wolf O. Donnel: Grant Goodeve
Leon Powalski: David Scully
Panther Caroso: David Scully
High Tyrant Xer: David Frederick White
Reznap Nogard: Nolan North
Raus Oretp: Mike Madeoy
Rotpari Colev: David Scully
Spotar Ecirt: Grant Goodeve
Pholid Suruaso: Alesia Glidewell​

One of the first major collaborations between Nintendo and a development team from Sega. Star Fox: Uncharted Space is a sequel to Star Fox 64. It stays true to the gameplay of Star Fox 64 but also expands upon it in small ways. The game’s plot involves the Star Fox crew exploring a strange uncharted area beyond the Lylat System and fighting the mysterious inhabitants that dwell there. This new unknown enemy turns out to be the Cretatians, a civilization of anthropomorphic dinosaurs that have their sights on invading Lylat. In order to prevent invasion, Team Star Fox acts as the scouting force for the Cornerian Army for a preemptive attack on the Cretatians.

The Cretatians are based on dinosaurs to contrast the mostly mammalian Cornerians. All the Cretatian names are the backwards names of the dinosaurs they’re based on. Their technology and buildings have a rounded design to it to contrast the flat and sharp style of the technology and buildings from Corneria. They are ruled by the High Tyrant Xer, based on a T Rex. Their equivalent to the Star Fox team is Ztar Zaurus, a team of mercenaries under the employ of High Tyrant Xer. Their leader Reznap Nogard, isn’t based on a dinosaur but is actually an anthropomorphic dragon with his name being a reference to the Panzer Dragoon series when read backwards his name spells "Panzer Dragon".

Intro & Story Synopsis
After multiple incidents of Cornerian scientists and explorers going missing in an uncharted area outside of the Lylat System, Team Star Fox is called upon by General Pepper to discover what happened to them. Upon discovery of the missing explorers team Star Fox are attacked by an unknown enemy. This new enemy is Reznap Nogard who despite being forced to retreat claims his small defeat here doesn’t matter as nothing they can do can stop their invasion of Corneria.

When Team Star Fox come back to Corneria to report to General Pepper. Pepper is at a loss on what to do until a transmission comes from far away. It’s the leader of the Cretatians, High Tyrant Xer who declares war on the Lylat System and that before long the Lylat System will belong to them, ending his transmission.

General Pepper declares that the time for action is now and orders the Cornerian Army to prepare for a war against the Cretatians. General Pepper wants Team Star Fox to act as scouts in order to gather intel and aid the Cornerian Army. Fox agrees, but General Pepper also says that Fox take his granddaughter Fay Spaniel as part of his team. Fox objects but General Pepper insists on it, saying that he could use more firepower in fighting this unknown invading force. Fox relents and lets her on the team.

This is where the game truly starts with the first level being a fight with the Cretatian Army. Pushing the invading army out of the Lylat System and back into uncharted space. After this mission the game branches off into multiple paths just like in Star Fox 64.

Throughout the story Star Fox will encounter Wolf who has brought back Star Wolf. Star Wolf acts as rogue agents, attacking the Cretatians and Star Fox. In their encounters with Star Fox Wolf warns of something bigger going on.

We also learn more about the Cretatians. They have an advanced knowledge on stealth camouflage. Allowing their ships to temporarily turn completely invisible. That they discovered the Lylat System when they detected a great energy surge. When they scouted the source of this energy surge, they discovered the remains of a giant brain. They brought this brain back to life and it began to help them.

Before the final mission of the game to the surprise of everyone but the player, this brain turns out to be the remains of Andross who turns on the Cretatians with an army of robot fighters. Andross kills High Tyrant Xer and take control of the Cretatian home world Zauria.
During the final mission, Star Fox encounters Ztar Zaurus who declare a truce to take out Andross. Fox agrees to a truce and they pursue Andross, who is at the capital city of Zauria. With the help of Reznap, Fox fights Andross, defeating him and bringing peace to not just one but two major civilizations as the Cornerians and Cretatians make peace.

The game features 2 different endings depending on whether the Easy or Hard Path was taken.
In the Easy Path, Peppy Hare sacrifices himself to save Fox and Reznap after their fight with Andross. His death is mourned by both the Cornerians and the Cretatians as they make a formal peace treaty.
In the Hard Path, Peppy still sacrifices himself but Raznap manages to save him from death. Despite their injuries they both make it to the diplomatic ceremony of the Cornerians and Cretatians signing a formal defensive alliance.

Gameplay
Star Fox: Uncharted Space continues the popular gameplay of Star Fox 64 with some new additions to the combat. These major editions are Missiles and Cloaking. The player must choose between Bombs and Missiles before a mission starts.
Missiles are guided rockets that chase enemies. You can use a charge shot to target a specific enemy. The player can select between missiles or bombs. While bombs boast a large blast radius and are powerful. Missiles provide precision at the cost of their destructive capability.
Cloaking can make you invisible to your enemies for a brief period but has a large cooldown. Cloaking is intended to help you escape enemies on your tail. Missiles can still target you through your cloak.
Besides the main story mode. There’s also a multiplayer mode for both local and online. A major effort was put in to feature a robust multiplayer mode. Due to this a noticeably large number of story mode missions are in all range mode as opposed to being on rails. There are a number of various battle modes to partake in.

4 v 4 Battle
A 4 versus 4 deathmatch in which the team with the highest score wins.

Free for All
A free for all deathmatch in which the player with the highest score wins.

Commander Battle
A variant of the 4 versus 4 battle mode in which one player on a team is made the “Commander”. Players must protect their Commander while trying to destroy the enemy Commander. The team that kills the enemy Commander first wins. In order to balance the entire enemy team gunning for the Commander. The Commander receives a speed buff and stronger lasers.

Relay Protection
A variant of the 4 versus 4 battle mode in which one team must defend “Relay Points” for 5 Minutes. The team defending the Relay Points wins if at least one Relay Point is still active when time run out. The team attacking the Relay Points wins if all Relay Points are destroyed.

Boss Battle
5 Players fight one of the all-range mode bosses, either chosen by the player in local multiplayer or randomly online.

In multiplayer mode, players create their own avatar for use in multiplayer. Players can choose between a Fox, Falcon, Rabbit, Toad, Dog, Cat, Wolf, Panther, Dragon, Pterosaur, Velociraptor, Triceratops, and Dilophosaurus. Each species has a variety of skin/fur/scale colors, 10 custom hats, and 5 different outfits for the player avatar to wear.

Reception
Upon release the game was just as praised as Star Fox 64 was, often being considered the gold standard that later Star Fox games try to be. The multiplayer was hailed as keeping players attached to the game after completing the story mode. Star Fox: Uncharted Space sold over 2.7 million copies in its lifetime.

Ensemble Darkhorse: While Ztar Zarus as a whole is considered this, their leader Reznap Nogard take the cake for being one big reference the Panzer Dragoon series, his awesome design and an amazing performance by Nolan North.
Much like Dinosaur Planet’s Krystal, Fay Spaniel is very popular with the furry fandom. Though she’s also popular for being the only character from the cancelled Star Fox 2 to be canonized into an official Star Fox game.
- Excerpt from TV Tropes

Even when he’s not shoehorned into Dinosaur Planet, Fox still finds himself going toe to toe with Dinosaurs!

Anyways TTL is not dead! I was getting back into writing this TL but I've had some emotional days to deal with recently, but now I’m getting back in the groove. So, writing has started back up.

Next Chapter: A Phantasy for the Ages / Sega Ages: Phantasy Star
Upcoming Chapter: What What in the Robot? / My Life as a Teenage Robot
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday/Winter 2003 / Rumors Abound
Upcoming Chapter: The Duke of Nukem
Upcoming Chapter: F-Zero Anime / F-Zero GP
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2004
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2004 / 2 Screens, Unlimited Potential
Upcoming Chapter: Dawn of the DS
Upcoming Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2

I kind of enjoy Star Fox: Uncharted Space. If nothing else, it's nice that one of the scrapped characters from the SNES sequel got a chance to actually appear.

A Phantasy for the Ages / Sega Ages: Phantasy Star Generation I
1755screenshot1.png

In Game Screenshot

Sega Ages: Phantasy Star Generation I
Developer: 3D Ages
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: GameCube
Release Date: February 20, 2004​

The Sega Ages 2500 series were a series of budget titles that were remakes older Sega games and were sold for 2500 Yen. Unlike OTL these games were released in the US for 20 Dollars and were simply titled Sega Ages. The first of these was the original Phantasy Star for the Sega Master System under the title Sega Ages: Phantasy Star Generation I. The first of these games was also one of the most popular, selling over 2.3 million copies.

Last edited:
A brief description on the Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star. I’ll probably only give the Golden Axe and Virtua Fighter 2 remakes in the Sega Ages series their own pages. There’s a number of these remakes and there’s not much to say about them. We’re getting closer to the end of 2003.

Next Chapter: What What in the Robot? / My Life as a Teenage Robot
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday/Winter 2003 / Rumors Abound
Upcoming Chapter: The Duke of Nukem
Upcoming Chapter: F-Zero Anime / F-Zero GP
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2004
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2004 / 2 Screens, Unlimited Potential
Upcoming Chapter: Dawn of the DS
Upcoming Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2

A brief description on the Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star. I’ll probably only give the Golden Axe and Virtua Fighter 2 remakes in the Sega Ages series their own pages. There’s a number of these remakes and there’s not much to say about them. We’re getting closer to the end of 2003.
You could make one Share it with Phantasy Star II one unless that one is butterfly away(and after selling that well..if anything Nintendo might be asking Kodama for a proper Phantasy Star V right now)
Same here with me!
I thried that, THE DUKEM not getting screwed ITTL would be amazing.