Burying the Hatchet: A Nintendo/Sega TL

1: Are Sonic and Tails lightweights? I'm asking this because you forgot to include them into the roster.
2: I'd hate to inconvenience you again, but My Life as a Teenage Robot premiered on August 1st, 2003. It's okay if you want to delay the debut by a few months, though.

1: Are Sonic and Tails lightweights? I'm asking this because you forgot to include them into the roster.
2: I'd hate to inconvenience you again, but My Life as a Teenage Robot premiered on August 1st, 2003. It's okay if you want to delay the debut by a few months, though.
1.They're both medium weights. Fixed the error.
2.I was aware, but it's easy to say that Nicks rejection of the show delayed the production by a few months.

Upcoming Chapter: A Phantasy for the Ages / Sega Ages: Phantasy Star
That comes very fast and nice I give you that idea.

After that we got Star Fox by the Panzer Dragoon Team and
Nice Seeing Smilebit alive and well

1.They're both medium weights. Fixed the error.
I would say Tails is a lightweight, mostly because his age, but your call, Sonic make sense as medium, the hedgehog pack a muscle.

Just found this one, pretty interesting.

I don't have any real ideas for this one. One random suggestion is a Space Channel 5 game for the Revolution (the original-and much cooler-name for the Wii), but I'm not really sure about the details.

Just found this one, pretty interesting.

I don't have any real ideas for this one. One random suggestion is a Space Channel 5 game for the Revolution (the original-and much cooler-name for the Wii), but I'm not really sure about the details.
Oh, now THAT is a good suggestion! Maybe even a crossover with Samba de Amigo.

Gaming News Fall 2003
The Fall of 2003 was filled with big name releases, fondly remembered underdogs, and not so fondly remembered stinkers. The first major release for the Nintendo GameCube HDD Expansion Port, Banjo-Kazooie’s handheld debut, the western debut of the Fire Emblem series, and a new model GameCube.

Wayforward announces that Kid Icarus: Underworld will release this spring. – Excerpt from GameInformer, September 2003

In obvious fear of the Nintendo Hyper GameCube, Sony announces a price drop of the PS2 coming early next year. – Excerpt from IGN, October 2003

It's rumored that Nintendo and E.A. are butting heads over the future of Swedish based developer DICE. - Excerpt from Planet GameCube, November 2003

List of Games September – November 2003
Battlefield 1942: The Battle Continues – Developer: DICE / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN (HDD Required) / Release Date: Sept-4
This expansion combines OTL’s Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of World War 2 expansions into a single expansion. With a price tag of 34.99.

Nintendo GameCube HDD Expansion Port – Developer: Sega, Nintendo / Release Date: Sept-4

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Sept-8

P.N.03 – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Sep-9

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty’s Revenge – Developer: Rareware (Nintendo) / Publisher: NIntendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Sept-10

Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand – Developer: Konami / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Sept-16

Dino Crisis 3 – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: X-Box / Release Date: Sept-16

The Simpsons: Hit & Run – Developer: Radical Entertainment / Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games (Microsoft) / Platforms: GCN, X-Box, PS2 / Release Date: Sept-16

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy – Developer: Raven Software / Publisher: LucasArts / Platforms: PC, X-Box / Release Date: Sept-17

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 – Developer: EA Redwood Shores / Publisher: EA / Platforms: PC, PS2, GCN, X-Box / Release Date: Sept-22

Viewtiful Joe – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Oct-7

Nintendo Hyper GameCube – Developer: Sega, Nintendo / Release Date: Oct-12

Jak II – Developer: Naughty Dog / Publisher: Sony / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Oct-14

Mega Man X7 – Developer: Capcom / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Oct-14

Mega Man Zero 2 – Developer: Inti Creates / Publisher: Capcom / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Oct-14

The Haunted Mansion – Developer: High Voltage Software / Publisher: TDK Mediactive / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Oct-14

Tak and the Power of Juju – Developer: Avalanche Software / Publisher: THQ / Platforms: GCN, PS2 / Release Date: Oct-15

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence – Developer: Konami / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: PS2, GCN / Release Date: Oct-21

NBA 2K4 – Developer: Visual Concepts (Sega/Nintendo) / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Oct-21

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Developer: Konami / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: PS2, X-Box, GCN / Release Date: Oct-21

Time Crisis 3 – Developer: Nextech / Publisher: Square Namco / Platforms: Arcade, PS2 / Release Date: Oct-21

Grabbed by The Ghoulies - Developer: Rare (Nintendo) / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Oct-21

Spyro: Attack of the Rynocs – Developer: Digital Eclipse / Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games (Microsoft) / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Oct-27

Tony Hawk’s Underground – Developer: Neversoft / Publisher: Activision / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Oct-27

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai – Developer: Dimps / Publisher: Infogrames / Platforms: PS2, GCN / Release Date: Oct-28

Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup – Developer: / Publisher: / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box/ Release Date: Oct-28

Call of Duty – Developer: Infinity Ward / Publisher: Activision / Platforms: PC / Release Date: Oct-29

Grand Theft Auto III – Developer: Rockstar North / Publisher: Rockstar Games / Platforms: PS2, X-Box, GCN / Release Date: Oct-31
Ported to both X-Box and GameCube after previously being PS2 exclusive.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Developer: Heavy Iron Studios / Publisher: THQ / Platforms: PS2, GCN, X-Box / Release Date: Oct-31

Drake of the 99 Dragons – Developer: Idol FX / Publisher: Majesco Entertainment / Platforms: X-Box, PC / Release Date: Nov-3

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade – Developer: Intelligent Systems / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Nov-3

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – Developer: EA Redwood Shores / Publisher: EA / Platforms: PC, PS2, GCN, X-Box / Release Date: Nov-3

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom – Developer: Konami / Publisher: Konami / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Nov-4

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time – Developer: Ubisoft Montreal / Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: PS2, GCN, X-Box / Release Date: Nov-10

Beyond Good & Evil – Developer: Ubisoft Pictures, Ubisoft Milan / Publisher: Ubisoft / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Nov-11

The Hobbit – Developer: Inevitable Entertainment / Publisher: Sierra Entertainment / Platforms: PS2, X-Box, GCN / Release Date: Nov-11

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun – Developer: EA Los Angeles / Publisher: EA / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Nov-11

Rachet & Clank 2: Going Commando – Developer: Insomniac Games / Publisher: Sony / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Nov-11

Crash Nitro Kart – Developer: Vicarious Visions / Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games (Microsoft) / Platforms: GCN, PS2, X-Box / Release Date: Nov-11

Double Dragon Advance – Developer: Million / Publisher: Atlus / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Nov-13

Kirby Air Ride – Developer: HAL Laboratory / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Nov-15
TTL’s version features an online mode. There’s an online mode for Air Ride, Top Ride, and City Trial and an be played with friends or with random players through matchmaking.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town – Developer: Marvelous Interactive / Publisher: Natsume / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Nov-17

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga – Developer: AlphaDream / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Nov-17

Space Channel 5: Special Edition - Developer: United Game Artists (Space Channel 5), Sonic Team (Spae Channel 5: Part 2) / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Nov-18

Spy Muppets: License to Croak – Developer: Vicarious Visions / Publisher: TDK Mediactive / Platforms: GBA / Release Date: Nov-18

Final Fantasy X-2 – Developer: Square Namco / Publisher: Square Namco / Platforms: PS2 / Release Date: Nov-18

Counter-Strike – Developer: Valve / Publisher: Sierra Studios (Console Version) / Platforms: GCN, X-Box / Release Date: Nov-18

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing – Developer: Stellar Stone / Publisher: GameMill Publishing / Platforms: PC / Release Date: Nov-20

Mario Kart: Double Dash – Developer: Nintendo EAD / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Nov- 24

Mario Party 5 – Developer: Hudson Soft / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Nov-28
The first Mario Party to feature online functionality. You can set up or join a friends Party. The online system works via a drop in/drop out. Players who lose connection or drop out are replaced by a CPU player but they can rejoin as their character if they reconnect. new players may join by taking control of a CPU player There is also an online matchmaking mode to play randomized minigames.

Most Played Online Games November 2003
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee
2. Counter-Strike
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
5. Animal Crossing
6. Half -Life
7. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
8. Quake III Arena
9. Crazy Taxi Online
10. Virtua Fighter 4

Nintendo Power Players Choice GameCube November 2003
1. Soul Calibur II
2. Sega Genesis Mega Collection
3. Viewtiful Joe
4. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
5. F-Zero GX
6. Panzer Dragoon Orta
7. Counter-Strike
8. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
10. P.N. 03
11. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
12. Kirby Air Ride
13. Wario World
14. The Simpsons: Hit and Run
15. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
16. Resident Evil Zero
17. Ikaruga
18. James Bond 007: Nightfire
19. Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
20. Skies of Arcadia Legends

Nintendo Power Best Selling GameCube Games November 2003
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2. Super Smash Bros Melee
3. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
4. Mario Party 4
5. Metroid Prime
6. Godzilla Destroy All Monsters: Melee
7. Disney’s Finding Nemo
8. Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
9. Dinosaur Planet
10. Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II
11. Super Mario Sunshine
12. X2 Wolverine’s Revenge
13. The Sims
14. Animal Crossing
15. Super Monkey Ball 2
16. Luigi's Mansion
17. NBA Live 2003
18. Ikaruga
19. Reign of Fire
20. Minority Report

Nintendo Power Player’s Choice Gameboy November 2003
1. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
2. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
3. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
4. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
5. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
6. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Four Swords
7. Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire
8. Metroid Fusion
9. Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
10. Sonic Spinball Party

Nintendo Power Best Selling Gameboy November 2003
1. Pokemon Ruby
2. Pokemon Sapphire
3. Yu-Gi-Oh! Worldwide Edition
4. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
5. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
6. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
7. Namco Museum
8. Sonic Advanced 2
9. Pac – Man Collection
10. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / Four Swords

Nintendo Power Most Wanted November 2003
1. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - GCN
2. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - GCN
3. Resident Evil 4 - GCN
4. Star Fox: Deep Space - GCN - GCN
5. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - GCN

Last edited:
Another update. Next is StarFox and Sega Ages: Phantasy Star.

Next Chapter: Furries vs Scalies / Star Fox: Uncharted Space
Upcoming Chapter: A Phantasy for the Ages / Sega Ages: Phantasy Star
Upcoming Chapter: What What in the Robot? / My Life as a Teenage Robot
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Holiday/Winter 2003 / Rumors Abound
Upcoming Chapter: The Duke of Nukem
Upcoming Chapter: F-Zero Anime / F-Zero GP
Upcoming Chapter: Gaming News Spring 2004
Upcoming Chapter: E3 2004 / 2 Screens, Unlimited Potential
Upcoming Chapter: Dawn of the DS
Upcoming Chapter: I got a Fever and the only Prescription! / Puyo Puyo Fever 2

1: That's the first time I've heard of a game like Spy Muppets: License to Croak.
2: When will the Hyper GameCube really make an impact? My bet is during the Winter 2003 season in a couple of months ITTL.
3: Will the tie-in games made or published by Vivendi Universal Games remain multiplatform, like Simpsons: Hit and Run? Or will they soon also become Xbox exclusives?
4: Might I have you consider a Star Fox and Phantasy Star crossover in 2005 or later?

t's rumored that Nintendo and E.A. are butting heads over the future of Swedish based developer DICE. - Excerpt from Planet GameCube, November 2003
And now this begins, and of course, EA being EA, luckily Nintendo have Visual Concepts thanks to SEGA, meaning any EA bluff can be rebuffed, and you have the medal of honor series already

NBA 2K4 – Developer: Visual Concepts (Sega/Nintendo) / Publisher: Nintendo / Platforms: GCN / Release Date: Oct-21
When the 2K brand is iconic, it a shame they didn't add the Courtside to the titles, the NBA Courtside games were amazing when Nintendo Sports was in all rage

1: That's the first time I've heard of a game like Spy Muppets: License to Croak.
2: When will the Hyper GameCube really make an impact? My bet is during the Winter 2003 season in a couple of months ITTL.
3: Will the tie-in games made or published by Vivendi Universal Games remain multiplatform, like Simpsons: Hit and Run? Or will they soon also become Xbox exclusives?
4: Might I have you consider a Star Fox and Phantasy Star crossover in 2005 or later?
1. I added that game mostly as a joke and to make a ProtonJon reference.
2. Yeah, you're right. It'll be Holiday 2003.
3. For now yes. They're multiplatform if only because they where already far in development and just like with Rare IOTL handheld releases aren't affected at all. Crash Nitro Kart is the last Crash game for the GameCube. Damn I'm gonna miss Crash Tag Team Racing on the GameCube.
4. Eh , I dunno. I need to learn more about Phantasy Star for something like that.

4. Eh , I dunno. I need to learn more about Phantasy Star for something like that.
The issue is how to put the Star Fox team in either Algol or Ragol Systems, or justify them? Newman? Myau like creatures? space yokai(those don't exist in PS lore...YET)? of course we can use the easy way of wormholes or dimensional slides(PSO2 Example) but I dunno feel to easy, could work, but need a good idea. the question is... Classic PS or PSO-styled gameplay? either can work for the star fox team, and adding some Rail and all range flying scenes easily too

1. I added that game mostly as a joke and to make a ProtonJon reference.
So it's a TTL exclusive, then. I knew that was the case, but I wanted to make sure.
2. Yeah, you're right. It'll be Holiday 2003.
Are there any games that will take advantage of this release window for the HGC?
3. For now yes. They're multiplatform if only because they where already far in development and just like with Rare IOTL handheld releases aren't affected at all. Crash Nitro Kart is the last Crash game for the GameCube. Damn I'm gonna miss Crash Tag Team Racing on the GameCube.
On the one hand, Crash and Spyro are sure to get a steadier release schedule compared to all of Rareware's OTL games. On the other hand, I hope that the idea of a Crash and Spyro crossover doesn't end with Crash Purple and Spyro Orange, flawed as they are.
The issue is how to put the Star Fox team in either Algol or Ragol Systems, or justify them? Newman? Myau like creatures? space yokai(those don't exist in PS lore...YET)? of course we can use the easy way of wormholes or dimensional slides(PSO2 Example) but I dunno feel to easy, could work, but need a good idea. the question is... Classic PS or PSO-styled gameplay? either can work for the star fox team, and adding some Rail and all range flying scenes easily too
With ideas like those, I applaud you for giving enough potential for a genuine SFxPS crossover.

On the one hand, Crash and Spyro are sure to get a steadier release schedule compared to all of Rareware's OTL games. On the other hand, I hope that the idea of a Crash and Spyro crossover doesn't end with Crash Purple and Spyro Orange, flawed as they are.
For fans of those two..that crossover attempt in GBA was very disappointing, but show the thing I always say, without Sony money, those two ceased to be relevant, but at least are still alive(one at the time at least) hope MS here push them to stay relevant them.

With ideas like those, I applaud you for giving enough potential for a genuine SFxPS crossover.
Oh, thanks you liked it, buddy, you can see I'm a fan of both series and if you need ideas, I can always throw out some pitch here, that is the thing, how make the SF team and friends fit in the PS based universes(either classic or online), once solved, the rest can come more smoothly. Again Nice you liked it, buddy

For fans of those two..that crossover attempt in GBA was very disappointing, but show the thing I always say, without Sony money, those two ceased to be relevant, but at least are still alive(one at the time at least) hope MS here push them to stay relevant them.
My thoughts exactly.
Oh, thanks you liked it, buddy, you can see I'm a fan of both series and if you need ideas, I can always throw out some pitch here, that is the thing, how make the SF team and friends fit in the PS based universes(either classic or online), once solved, the rest can come more smoothly. Again Nice you liked it, buddy
Well, I simply pitched the idea due to both franchises being under the same company catalog and seemingly appearing one directly after the other in the update itinerary.
Come to think of it, would a similar crossover be a good idea between Phantasy Star Online and Dinosaur Planet? We can still use the "same design as Star Fox" reason to justify that as OTL's Miyamoto forced the game to become a Star Fox title.