• New England Lore

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • UK Lore

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Russian Lore

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • CUA Lore

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Other (Just let me know in the thread what you want)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CUA Map and 2022 Election Map

CUAMAP.png

CUAELECTION.png

"Folks, we are in the middle of important times! The British want us gone, the New Englanders betrayed us, the Germans want to crush us, trust me I know these facts and I will do everything in my power to fix our nations! Like my father, great man, I loved him dearly!"
- Lord-President Elect Donald F. Trump during his acceptance speech.

Been a while, but based on the Poll the CUA won! So you guys get a two in one, a nice map and a election map!

A good update here and shows how things have done with the CUA going in the direction it has politically. Are Virginia and New York the states that basically define which direction the CUA go in?

A good update here and shows how things have done with the CUA going in the direction it has politically. Are Virginia and New York the states that basically define which direction the CUA go in?
A thing you should keep in mind is that elections in the CUA are more of a show rather than a change in government (They can happen any time kinda like how the UK works IRL), Elections aren't a set thing and haven't been since the Federal States, and even then it was a lot less than the USA. But the Order of Burr, even though it has factions, is hierarchical and if the high end oligarchs like you as a candidate they will have you win.

So even if you gain all of Virginia and New York somehow they will rig it for their favorite.

Any reason that only a plurality (looks like 40%) of EVs are needed to win?
You could explain it away as an unholy hybrid of the Electoral College and that proposed amendment that almost abolished it in the sixties. It would have established a two round system like France uses but you could win on the first round with a forty percent plurality as an implicit roadblock to uppity third parties.

You could explain it away as an unholy hybrid of the Electoral College and that proposed amendment that almost abolished it in the sixties. It would have established a two round system like France uses but you could win on the first round with a forty percent plurality as an implicit roadblock to uppity third parties.
I do like that alot, I wasn't aware of this proposal?

I do like that alot, I wasn't aware of this proposal?
It was called the Bayh-Celler Amendment and was probably the closest it's ever gotten to passing. It was put forward in the wake of the 1968 disparity between the EV (Nixon won with a 110 elector margin) and the popular vote (less than 1% margin) and 30 states were set to pass it right out of the gate. It was filibustered by Strom Thurmond and a handful of southern Democrats and small state conservatives who argued that the current system was perfectly workable and the loopholes baked in would probably never be relevant in practice. Womp womp.

It was called the Bayh-Celler Amendment and was probably the closest it's ever gotten to passing. It was put forward in the wake of the 1968 disparity between the EV (Nixon won with a 110 elector margin) and the popular vote (less than 1% margin) and 30 states were set to pass it right out of the gate. It was filibustered by Strom Thurmond and a handful of southern Democrats and small state conservatives who argued that the current system was perfectly workable and the loopholes baked in would probably never be relevant in practice. Womp womp.
Another case of "foiled by Strom Thurmond"... *sigh*

I still wish to see at least a map of Africa. It must be crazy in this world, right @Luxembourgish Yeet ?
Africa is still being worked on, I'm trying to find maps of native stuff so that's taking some time!
I'm making it less colonized as OTL, with only really Germany having permanent colonies on the land (as I've hinted at in some New England posts). But Africa isn't anything like it is in our world.

I wanna do more digging and research though lol.