Build a world starting with tectonic plates—Oreios

Cleaning up, removing the red lines and numbers, adding some islands on the convergent boundaries and some touches of islands on the inland seas. I suppose we would be creating our 1.0 version of the most general map to have a good overview.

@Bennett , how's this?

Worldbuilding II pure continents micro-Worlda.png

This is great! Loving that archipelago in the Southern Hemisphere and the one just above 9! Since I can’t do maps I’m excited to weigh in on culture development once this goes further! You guys are awesome!

Do you mind doing the same to the southern hemisphere that I did to the northern one?

When that’s ready, I think we would need to streamline the tectonic plates. There is a map of just the tectonic plates in the past page. Make sure it’s up to date.

After that, we need to make the map the size of a worlda, do you think you could do that?

Do you mind doing the same to the southern hemisphere that I did to the northern one?

When that’s ready, I think we would need to streamline the tectonic plates. There is a map of just the tectonic plates in the past page. Make sure it’s up to date.

After that, we need to make the map the size of a worlda, do you think you could do that?
Oh, yeah, sure!! I'm not 100% certain on the Worlda conversion - does Micro translate directly to the modern Worlda?

Working on it, but my internet keeps cutting out for tens of minutes so it's hard to work with y'all, sorry:
progress!:
upload_2018-11-23_0-14-11.png

There's lots of tiny islands I'm putting in and I hope that's not a problem?

I think it looks great!
Alright. If/when we revise the tectonics or whatever, we should probably have more detailed tectonic movement, as they don't just move in cardinal directions: tectonics meet each other in three ways: convergent (towards), divergent (away), and transform (opposite directions, or the same direction) boundaries.
I know we all are probably aware of this, but I'll just explain it further and/or post the images of explanations here:
main-qimg-068ebd64d2495fcd2f5021bfbaff894e
main-qimg-5d8c8a3475a9bf08762b1b63353d2aad
'
main-qimg-e9d0f45b89748d063f8b95102187034f

Convergent boundaries have three subtypes: continental-continental, continental-oceanic, and oceanic-oceanic.
Divergent boundaries tend to form rifts and rift valleys, and volcanic island chains (like Hawaii)
Transform tends to do little beyond creating massive earthquakes.

For reference, here's a map of our tectonic plates:
800px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

You can get a good idea of which direction the plates are moving, and because of that, you can know what type of boundaries each have. With cardinal directions, you can't get that sort of information.

Additionally, I might look into where we should put lakes and seas (only the seas are probably gonna go on the microworlda, though I'll think about it). At least tectonic lakes, which would depend on continental drift (the Caspian is a tectonic lake/sea as it was part of a prehistoric mega-lake that got split up by tectonic activity, for example). Additionally, information on meteor strikes would be helpful in placing islands on the map.

For that we will need a little bit of info. on the solar system and on the neighbourhood of our planet, meaning knowing if there are rings, moons, how large and how many.

For that we will need a little bit of info. on the solar system and on the neighbourhood of our planet, meaning knowing if there are rings, moons, how large and how many.
Fair enough. Was looking into the possibilities and ramifications of an Earth with two moons (assuming that our planet is similar to the Earth is a given here), and found this interesting read, which I think would help influence our options. That being said, I would recommend a one-star system, solely for simplicity's sake.

Wouldn’t lakes (and river, etc) depend largely on topography and then weather? To get the lakes, seas, bodies of water we want we might want to develop that first (though I’m no expert).