Bronze Age New World: Empire of the Steppe

Hnau

Banned
I can't wait to see what the Russians do in Alaska! It appears they are rather determined to conquer whatever they find there. I doubt it will be easy for them, however.

Hey, so, does RSMF eventually spread west to hit Russia? Also, wouldn't it have spread to Europe by this point? It seems like by the mid-1500s in the BANWverse that the Spanish would be poking around enough in the Mississippian basin to contract the disease, you know, and someone would go back to Europe with it. What about Old World diseases? Does Laxmann's group have some Old World diseases that they will spread to the Alaskan peoples?

I can't wait to see what the Russians do in Alaska! It appears they are rather determined to conquer whatever they find there. I doubt it will be easy for them, however.

The Inupiat are among the least-advanced (in terms of "ability to resist Euro conquest") societies in the New World; probably the least advanced ATL. Once they start butting up against the Tlingit, though...

Hey, so, does RSMF eventually spread west to hit Russia?
Probably, yeah. Moscow's a long, long way from Vladizapad, but the genie's out of the bottle.

Also, wouldn't it have spread to Europe by this point? It seems like by the mid-1500s in the BANWverse that the Spanish would be poking around enough in the Mississippian basin to contract the disease, you know, and someone would go back to Europe with it.
Maybe? The incubation period is pretty long, about 2 weeks; so it can't cross the Atlantic, at least not in 16th-century vessels? (17th-century, though? IDK). And, unlike Tlogottl, the animal vector (ticks) aren't the kind of thing that end up on ships bound for Atlantic ports. So I'm thinking not, actually.

What about Old World diseases? Does Laxmann's group have some Old World diseases that they will spread to the Alaskan peoples?

Oh fuck yes. Syphillis for sure (that may not actually be an Old World disease--you're probably familiar with the controversy about that--but it's definitely something that some Cossacks have, and the Eskimo don't, so for purposes of what happens it's Old World). Smallpox, not in this initial group of soldiers--but, it's coming.
[/QUOTE]