Bright from Netflix

Will Smith stars in a new Alt History film where it seems Orcs, Elves, fairies and others live alongside Humans in America.

The Orc Officer is Nicolas Jackoby, the first Orc in the LA Police department.

orccop2.jpg

Interesting - given we see tusked Orcs I am wondering if Officer Jackoby is 100% Orc blood...
Inspiration for Shadowrun rpg perhaps!!

I'm genuinely curious about this...

That being said, what this really makes me want to see would be a Shadowrun movie.

"You know how Zootopia made over a billion dollars at the box office?"

"Yeah."

"And how he Warcraft movie was huge in China?"

"Sure."

"And how as Angelinos no other city in the world exists except for LA even though we film in Atlanta or Vancouver?

"What's an Atlanta?"

"Do that but a series."

I don't exactly trust the director to make a good movie, but I'm definitely watching. Total Shadowrun prequel vibe and I'm loving it so hard. Love that modern fantasy bullshit.

With Suicide Squad and End of Watch under their belt you can be sure it'll be fun to watch, if not the deepest story ever.

"And how as Angelinos no other city in the world exists except for LA even though we film in Atlanta or Vancouver?
With LA being a pretty violent city on the frontlines of America's drug war, it makes a great setting for cop movies. End of Watch was utterly fantastic. Also, this guy films in LA.

I didn't see what people found so objectionable about it. Generally I find superhero movie fan bases to be pretty toxic though, so I'm not really the general viewer.
Quite honestly, the DCEU feels pretty awful to me. A bit too willing to go "Dark for Dark's sake" if that makes any sense...

In regards to Suicide Squad though... Most people found that it didn't understand what the comic it's adapted from was about. The portrayal of the Joker has been deemed as one of the worst in the character's history. Harley Queen felt way too sexualized. The plot makes no sense. And probably a dozen more critic I can't remember... Personnally, it's a movie I didn't want to go see from the day the trailers came out. It looked awful.

Bright doesn't have that problem. It seems like a relatively original idea (though personnally it makes me want to see more a Shadowrun movie being done) and it doesn't seem to fall for the same traps Suicide Squad had. It did peek my interest. Of course, I have to see the movie to make my decision.

Deleted member 82792

Will Smith stars in a new Alt History film where it seems Orcs, Elves, fairies and others live alongside Humans in America.

The Orc Officer is Nicolas Jackoby, the first Orc in the LA Police department.

orccop2.jpg

Interesting - given we see tusked Orcs I am wondering if Officer Jackoby is 100% Orc blood...
Inspiration for Shadowrun rpg perhaps!!
Looks really cool.

Pretty excited about the soundtrack. Lil Uzi, Future, Machinegun Kelly, seems pretty dope. Not to sure about this "orcs as black people" angle. Seems kind of heavy-handed and might get into uncomfortable territory if not handled correctly.

Deleted member 82792

What do you think the history of this world is like? Were orcs brought to America as slaves? Did Elves have their own Nazi party in the 40s?

If you ignore its plot and based it entirely on visuals, Suicide Squad had an excellent (if gaudy) art direction and style, its issue was the fighting sequences were often muddled with ugly CGI putty patrol enemies.

What do you think the history of this world is like? Were orcs brought to America as slaves? Did Elves have their own Nazi party in the 40s?

I wonder if they might go with the Elves as Native Americans and Orcs as African-Americans? Elves having intrgrated thanks to magic, and Orc kept down as 'dumb muscle'. Elves certainly seem to be in the 'pretty, rich' bracket, and Orcs in the 'poor, ghetto' stereotype.

I wonder if Orcs dominate in certain sports?