Books from Alternate Worlds

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Parisii, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Parisii Jambon-Beurre

The title speaks for itself... :D

In MsWhatsittoya's TL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kaiser K Literally Scoop Jackson

Imperial Palace, Bradenton, Floridian Reich
    Wow, when did you have the time to make these? I just have to post these in my TL's thread. what's the first one about? and the second one (even through I have a good idea)

3. Parisii Jambon-Beurre

The first one is a real book where Charles de Gaulle exposed his idea of a professional, armored, mecanised and armed corps "capable to act immediately" with air support, etc... In short, it's blitzkrieg... The problem is that OTL nobody heard him. Maybe his book could have been a sort of "Infanterie greift an" or "Achtung - Panzer !" in your TL. :rolleyes:

4. Kaiser K Literally Scoop Jackson

Imperial Palace, Bradenton, Floridian Reich

Oh really? I wasn't aware that de Gaulle wrote a book about essentially, Blitzkreig, forgive me, true enough, I guess that's a good idea.

what's with the eye rolling?

5. ah-sue More like Bionic Sue now!

[​IMG].............[​IMG]

"A lot of people hate my skepticism, and I think I understand why. The psychics offer wonders and endless possibilities in a world that often seems difficult and mundane. They promise health, wealth, wisdom, eternal life. But if you examine the record, it's not the psychics but the hard-nosed scientists who have actually delivered the things that improve human life. And, to me, science describes a world far more interesting than any psychic fantasy."

[FONT=&quot]Two books by Uri Geller, the famed exposer of so-called psychics, fraudsters and tricksters and President of the International Skeptics Association.[/FONT]

6. pieman97405 Desperate to leave this timeline.

Needs some cleaning up in my mind, but lets have some cheesy Sci-Fi adventurism.
    [​IMG]

7. Mysterion Alterninaut

Sure to be a best-seller:
    king-edward-viii-duke-of-windsor.jpg

king-edward-viii-duke-of-windsor.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  8. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    I hope this becomes longer lived than my attempt from several years ago. :)

9. Petike Sky Pirate Extraordinaire

Clockpunk Zemplín Kingdom / Franz Josef's Land
    In fact, I've just remembered I have at least one fictional, AH-themed thriller/spy novel devised for the ATL 1960s/1970s of my Sparrow Avengers universe. Here it is :

:D :)

10. RichMill Well-Known Member

From Cape to Cairo or: How a French Emperor took British Africa - written by the Irish author James Kalin between 1908 and 1916, its release on the public set to coincide with the 15 anniversary of the end of the so-called "African Conflict". As one of the first books written about the war that wasn't a personal recollection, rather a historical documentation, it was the result of the author's compiling of information over an eight year period, and as such, required a number of revisions. This saw the book reach over six-hundred pages of documents and information on the war, and another one-hundred on the political aftermath in the British Isles. The book itself sold relatively well in Kalin's home country, however, many patriots and those involved in the war saw "From Cape to Cairo" as a critique of the British Military and government due to its original, perceived, anti-war preface.

[​IMG]

11. Comisario ‘Lim’ is short for ‘Liment Voroshilov’

A school textbook from a post-communist Britain. ​

[​IMG]

(I might even have a go at writing this textbook one day, activities and exam-style questions included! Haha :))​