Book of Maps

Highlander

Banned
As I'm sure most of us know, we have some very good alternate history cartographers on this site.

So I propose this. What if we worked together to put together a book, filled with our creations, and find a publisher? It's a long process, of course, but perhaps we can make something from this.

Any thoughts?

That might be a good idea, Highlander. And especially if the book includes an anthology of the best stories on this site, or new ones submitted by frequent contributors.

Highlander

Banned
That might be a good idea, Highlander. And especially if the book includes an anthology of the best stories on this site, or new ones submitted by frequent contributors.

Yes, that would be quite interesting as well.

Been thinking more about it, and perhaps the best route to go for now would be to create something of an e-zine . . .

MrP

Banned
Yes, that would be quite interesting as well.

Been thinking more about it, and perhaps the best route to go for now would be to create something of an e-zine . . .

Perhaps initially an annex to CTT's monthly edition?

I have some experience in book binding, but all of those colrs would be expensive to print...

For some of the maps, might need to go back and flesh out a more detailed backstory. For others, might need to flesh out the maps or otherwise spiff them up a bit before publishing, but yeah, it's a decent idea.

Highlander

Banned
I have some experience in book binding, but all of those colrs would be expensive to print...

Well, I meant actually having it published, but that's more of a very long term goal.

For some of the maps, might need to go back and flesh out a more detailed backstory. For others, might need to flesh out the maps or otherwise spiff them up a bit before publishing, but yeah, it's a decent idea.

That's the thought :) Think I'll start a thread where people can post their favorites with some backstory, so I can gather them in one place.