Boldly Going: A History of an American Space Station

Interestingly while looking at something completely different I ran across a 2015 JPL paper on:
"A Modular Habitation System for Human Planetary and Space Exploration" which not only features "HabiTank" concepts, (page 6/7 figures 8/9) but the concept of a completely modular (and standardized for mass production) system for tanks, habitats and vehicles!
(https://ttu-ir.tdl.org/bitstream/handle/2346/64284/ICES_2015_submission_4.pdf)

I can almost forget we've already 'seen' this concept with the "Common Pressurized Volume" from the ARES and Moonlight concept :)

Randy

Enterprise really is looking long in the tooth. Are there any plans for a refreshment in train with the launch of some new modules?

NASA is finally using the LH₂ tank, and many of the modules are not easy to replace - although as we note in chapter 30 there is a religiously regular maintenance schedule adhered too.

Thanks y'all for reminding me that I also need to do some spring cleaning in my earthbound abode. While my space is a bit cluttered after a long 2020, I can at least claim that I don't have duplicate copies of Top Gun on two separate outdated playback media so I'm doing better than the space program on that front! Any thought on the virtues of NASA partnering with JAXA on sending Marie Kondo up to Enterprise to tidy up the place?

Anyway, with regards to turning The Big E's long dormant hydrogen tank into an ad hoc space hangar, color me a very happy man. Boldly Going's primary strength is showcasing ways in which we can start doing things in space beyond landing missions and collecting moon rocks, or floating around in microgravity doing science. Not that those things aren't important, but space construction is going to be critical in future if we intend on staying in space instead of just visiting. That aspect is just a particular passion of mine I appreciate is getting some love in the space alt-history community.

We're glad that the timeline is being appreciated. It's been especially fun writing those bits, and finding places where the orbiter parts of the station as opposed to the add-on parts can shine - like the views out the main operations center windows with Hubble repairs.

Will Tesla and SpaceX have anything to do with the Lunar Colony?

I'm not sure what Toyota's Luxury Electric-only Badge would have to do with a lunar colony....

Looking at the new base plan one safety question arises. I thought the base habitation section was in the lander with the ascent stage in case of an accident. But how do you evac to orbit if you've a regolith covered arch on top of your lander? Or is the evacuation plan to suit up and go to the landing pad?

So, a few points. The arch only goes up after the first two missions are completed, and it is these two flights that establish the 'clean' side of the base. The arch is built out of a set of tubes that are covered with regolith, and then inflated into the arch shape. Once this is done, there are some structural members installed to ensure that it stays up even if the balloons pop, and then the entire base is moved inside piece by piece. As for moving around, there is a pressurized rover that would get the crew from the base to the return lander, and if the crew has supplies for stays greater than six months, the events that trigger an Abort-to-Earth are going to be few and far between, and almost all would be crew-centric not hardware-centric.

Interestingly while looking at something completely different I ran across a 2015 JPL paper on:
"A Modular Habitation System for Human Planetary and Space Exploration" which not only features "HabiTank" concepts, (page 6/7 figures 8/9) but the concept of a completely modular (and standardized for mass production) system for tanks, habitats and vehicles!
(https://ttu-ir.tdl.org/bitstream/handle/2346/64284/ICES_2015_submission_4.pdf)

I can almost forget we've already 'seen' this concept with the "Common Pressurized Volume" from the ARES and Moonlight concept :)

Randy

We (the authors) have seen that before, and while interesting, it looks like the majority of the work is directed at a common production line, rather than tanks that get converted to living space.

Ah, life aboard a station increasingly close in age to its occupants.
Consolidating Enterprise's media library brings back memories of doing the same when I worked at a library, finding multiple copies of an item when you were sure there was only the one is a very common occurrence. I can only assume there's going to be a recurring 'we've got two copies of Mort but we're still missing A Hat Full of Sky' before the Pratchett collection is complete.
Quite so. The real mystery: somebody took home the 2000 Army-Navy tape, but who?

Oh yes, I'm certain there's a big poster up somewhere on Enterprise AND Shackleton Base that reads some variation of THERE IS NO DEFERRED MAINTENANCE IN SPACE.

Taking a tour of Enterprise in the month before its decommissioning will be an incredible tour of decades of space program development and advancement all layered over each other. I wonder if there'll be a call to leave Enterprise in an archival orbit as an 'astroarcheological' site rather than a destructive de-orbit.
Indeed. Take a "walk" around the close up view of @NorangePeels 's cutaway and check out the walls and corners. A lot of clutter, old posters, and a few references for the eagle-eyed. Some fine work!

In response to *all* the posts debating the virtues and detriments of pressurizing the LH2 Hangar, and then sticking Hubble inside of it for maintenance and refitting, I'm not actually sure Hubble will fit inside the diameter of the ET. Not at least between the solars being deployed (not clear on whether or not those can be stowed and redeployed), as well as any sort of structure within the ET that would take up yet more precious diameter. This is just quick back of the napkin math considering the 2.4 meter mirror diameter on Hubble, plus another meter or so to account for the full diameter of the main spacecraft body, then a meter or two width of the panels themselves plus the arms that attach them to the body. If it does all fit without having to stow the solars it'll be tight, so the earlier post referencing Galaxy Quest probably isn't too far off, and definitely not a desirable result for a multi billion dollar space telescope :p
The solar arrays were apparently capable of retraction in case Shuttle needed to carry it home, and they'd already replaced them once IOTL, so if they have to take them off for replacement with a more modern set both more efficient than the worn ones and more capable of repeated deploy/retract, they can. That helps make a lot of room--Hubble (like most Shuttle payloads) is <4.5m diameter other than dishes and solar arrays and unlike most it was designed for repeated visits.
Anyway, keep em coming guys!
Tune in tomorrow--same bold time, same bold channel!

Will Tesla and SpaceX have anything to do with the Lunar Colony?

Musk may get involved with Tesla still, (given when the POD was it's just as likely he never made his windfalls TTL that he lucked into OTL) but SpaceX is unlikely given the domination of the market TTL. He likely would find a ride for his Mars greenhouse if he still wants to do it but given that Zubrin and "Mars Direct" didn't get as much traction TTL and therefore would have less influence on Musk and the fact that NASA is already going back to the Moon and planning to go to Mars robs Musk of a huge amount of incentive.
We haven't touched on Elon specifically, but Randy likely has the right of it, @Praetor98. Shuttle, Shuttle-C, and the coming Shuttle-II mean NASA's a little less willing to go looking for commercial options. If somebody like Kistler were to turn up with an operational vehicle that was as cheap or cheaper than their own internal vehicle, they'd probably work to use it (like they have with FH, Vulcan, and New Glenn IOTL with lunar HLS) but in the meantime...they're likely not going out of their way to fund a new commercial cargo program, which means even if Elon gets started, there's no COTS to keep him going. Elon ITTL might be, "That guy who bought Tesla from the original founders, got the Model S out the door, and then mis-managed the Model 3 until they ran out of money and got bought by GM? Yeah, I know he was into space, but I hadn't realized he tried to build rockets. Huh, they almost made orbit." Or something along those lines.
Looking at the new base plan one safety question arises. I thought the base habitation section was in the lander with the ascent stage in case of an accident. But how do you evac to orbit if you've a regolith covered arch on top of your lander? Or is the evacuation plan to suit up and go to the landing pad?
None of the 'habitat' landers have ascent stages so they would have to evac to reusable landers stationed on the launch pads
As Randy says, they keep the evac landers for the base on the landing pads. In the event of an emergency, the base is capable of compartmentalization--admire all the hatches @NorangePeels drew in--to work around a damaged section and most routinely inhabited areas are directly linked to an airlock or a rover parking hatch. The base would have several contingency options, ranging from sealing off sections to evacuating to the lander on the pad for temporary "camp-out" while working to fix the base, to the final options to abort back to orbit. Given all the options, it's likely that the latter has more to do with crew health than mechanical failures. ISS has been showing some of the risks of aging station lately, but the fact that they have an active leak in one particular compartment of the Russian section hasn't stopped them from being able to cut it off and work around it so far while they work to fix it.

Long time lurker here, finally created an account to say that you're all doing an outstanding job with this one. Designing space stations is my full time job and it's cool to see you making all the right decisions.

~radishes

We (the authors) have seen that before, and while interesting, it looks like the majority of the work is directed at a common production line, rather than tanks that get converted to living space.

Which means you likely saw the 'sequel' report as well, which now that I've read it seems familiar in your 'human' factors discussion :)

We haven't touched on Elon specifically, but Randy likely has the right of it, @Praetor98. Shuttle, Shuttle-C, and the coming Shuttle-II mean NASA's a little less willing to go looking for commercial options. If somebody like Kistler were to turn up with an operational vehicle that was as cheap or cheaper than their own internal vehicle, they'd probably work to use it (like they have with FH, Vulcan, and New Glenn IOTL with lunar HLS) but in the meantime...they're likely not going out of their way to fund a new commercial cargo program, which means even if Elon gets started, there's no COTS to keep him going. Elon ITTL might be, "That guy who bought Tesla from the original founders, got the Model S out the door, and then mis-managed the Model 3 until they ran out of money and got bought by GM? Yeah, I know he was into space, but I hadn't realized he tried to build rockets. Huh, they almost made orbit." Or something along those lines.
And...
As Randy says, they keep the evac landers for the base on the landing pads. In the event of an emergency, the base is capable of compartmentalization--admire all the hatches @NorangePeels drew in--to work around a damaged section and most routinely inhabited areas are directly linked to an airlock or a rover parking hatch. The base would have several contingency options, ranging from sealing off sections to evacuating to the lander on the pad for temporary "camp-out" while working to fix the base, to the final options to abort back to orbit. Given all the options, it's likely that the latter has more to do with crew health than mechanical failures. ISS has been showing some of the risks of aging station lately, but the fact that they have an active leak in one particular compartment of the Russian section hasn't stopped them from being able to cut it off and work around it so far while they work to fix it.

Wait, I was right about something? Can I use you as a reference? My wife still won't believe it but I can try and any rate :)

Oh and something I wanted to ask about the hatches in use... TTL didn't fool with the 'alternate open' hatches that NASA fiddled with a decade or so ago did they? You know the ones that could "open" long more than one axis? I have to admit the moment I saw that I was reminded of my first experience with duel-mode (open horizontal or vertical) windows in Germany... Or my wife's experience when she didn't quite close it properly and it 'fell' open on all sides except the bottom left corner... The cats liked them but my wife hated them after that.

Randy

I'm not sure what Toyota's Luxury Electric-only Badge would have to do with a lunar colony....

Corporate sponsor maybe? I mean it works in politics :)

So, a few points. The arch only goes up after the first two missions are completed, and it is these two flights that establish the 'clean' side of the base. The arch is built out of a set of tubes that are covered with regolith, and then inflated into the arch shape. Once this is done, there are some structural members installed to ensure that it stays up even if the balloons pop, and then the entire base is moved inside piece by piece. As for moving around, there is a pressurized rover that would get the crew from the base to the return lander, and if the crew has supplies for stays greater than six months, the events that trigger an Abort-to-Earth are going to be few and far between, and almost all would be crew-centric not hardware-centric.

Someone forgot to pack the mayo, that's it, we're going home. I can't live like this...

No that I look at it I think the one you are referring to IS the 'follow-on' report:

The other while it does suggest a common production line and interconnections for the various 'parts', it also points out that by using that common base (cylinder) to build everything including propellant tanks from you allow the repurposing of elements into other elements. Likely not easy or quick but the "HabiTank" examples have much more total functionality than the original "HabiTank". You're biggest drawback is how much of the work has to be done while wearing a bulky pressure suit and how awkward the connections are going to be without some specialized connection hardware.

I may have to take some time with this concept... DAMN YOU ATOMIC ROCKETS! :)

Quite so. The real mystery: somebody took home the 2000 Army-Navy tape, but who?

I keep telling you people, it was Fred from accounting. There's a REASON no one likes Fred :)

It's the 'downside' to a more "successful" government space program in that they institutionally don't like 'competition' and while that includes various 'government sponsored' competition, (the more 'commercial' launch vehicles) in the end they all are going to work to ensure nobody else gets a fair shot. If Musk throws his hat in the ring TTL he's likely 'stuck' with the Falcon 1 and maybe the Falcon 5 because of the 'niche' they can gain a foothold in but more likely he can't gather the talent or resources he needs since this being a more 'hopeful' TL there are going to be a lot less rocket systems folks who don't already have a job with NASA and/or it's contractors with little incentive to take a chance outside those groups.

You also have to take into account the fact that access may not be cheap enough to launch the Martian Greenhouse musk was initially obsessed with OTL the entire incentive structure is different, (as I pointed out with Zubrin and the OTL Mars Underground) since NASA and the US ARE obviously putting more effort into space and it's clear that Mars will come, rather than being continually put off as it is OTL. It really is a fantastically different dynamic than OTL where we go through cyclic 'boom-and-bust' periods of space enthusiasm in the support base. TTL there may be some disappointments but you aren't seeing the 'bust' episodes where the new and exciting "new-best-hope" suddenly falters and fades and everyone loses faith. Here there is obvious and steady advancement that you can clearly see and track.

Long time lurker here, finally created an account to say that you're all doing an outstanding job with this one. Designing space stations is my full time job and it's cool to see you making all the right decisions.

~radishes

Welcome! Now get back to work and stop wasting time on the internet. Those armed and mobile space stations that will defend us from the Moon Nazi hordes ain't gonna design themselves now are they.... :)

Randy

Part 31: Orbital refit in progress builds a new hangar bay.
Boldly Going Part 31

Space Station Enterprise’s augmented crews began the work of assembling the new hangar bay fixtures inside the liquid hydrogen tank in 2015. Despite the benefits of working entirely in IVA, crews aboard Enterprise still found the process of welding fixtures to the tank walls in zero gravity challenging. While welding trials had been carried out experimentally, never before had welding been carried out in space on such a scale with intent to use the results. Mounting points for power and data cable runs were relatively simple to position with fixtures that mounted over the stringers and ring frames of the tank. A larger challenge came from the internal rail system which would allow a new miniature robotic arm inside the bay to function as a kind of “bridge crane,” similar to the Mobile Base Systems on the port and starboard trusses for CanadArm2. The waffle-grid pattern of stringers on the interior of the tank had been carefully machined for supporting the tank during launch. Now, the new rail mounts could take advantage of their tight tolerances to provide a pre-aligned base for the new system, but care still had to be taken as the crew members clamped the new mounts in place, aligned the rail, and welded it into final position. Over a year and a half, tasks were checked off the “to-do list” regularly, but there was always more to do.

By 2017, the rail and the mobile robotic arm base for the new “crane” had been installed and tested. Other preparations included installing similarly-precise payload mounting trunnions and stringing nearly a quarter mile of power and data cables. New flood lighting was added to illuminate the bay, and then nearly a quarter acre of fabric panels were added to line the bay, both to protect the wiring and to mitigate reflections from the original metal interior skin.[1] Finally, the rough preparations for cutting the new hangar’s door had been completed, minimizing work which would have to be carried out in vacuum. The hinge and actuator mechanisms for the doors were pre-installed and checked in shirtsleeve IVA, allowing the hinges to be “pre-aligned.” Once the marked section of the tank wall was cut, only minimal EVA work would be required to turn the remnant into a functional door though it would never work as a pressurized hatch. All that remained before the irreversible cutting of the bay door was the final installation of the new internal docking ring.

As anticipated, the ring’s installation and sealing proved troublesome. Several days of IVA work was spent on aligning the installation and tack welding the new ring components into place. From there, the secondary sealing gaskets could be tested, before being doubled up with the final welding of the two-piece docking ring into a single component welded in turn to the tank wall. Multiple attempts at this critical joining operation were required before the new internal docking ring was able to pass leak tests at the three times overpressure required by ground engineers and spaceborn astronauts alike. A leak in this area, so close to the station’s hamster tubes, could be insidious and tremendously risky. The crew of Enterprise were willing to do the job several times over if so required to ensure an issue never occurred. Because of the time required for its installation and the cost of an astronaut’s labor per hour on station, the new 300 kg docking structure was calculated as one of the most expensive construction operations in human history in terms of cost-per-kilogram. Eventually, though, the task was complete.

When the time came to cut open the 70-foot long “bomb bay” style door in the hangar’s 96-foot long sidewall, crews vacated the bay and left the task to a cutter attached to the station’s robotic arm. Cutting through the sidewall not only simplified the cuts compared to trying to cut off the end-dome of the tank, but also allowed a larger door for access to the bay and avoided interference with the “U”-shaped sump still in place in the LH₂ aft dome. This sump, and its associated plumbing and baffles, had drawn the hydrogen for Enterprise’s thirsty engines on their first and only climb to obit more than twenty years before, then had been plugged to seal the bay on STS-38R. The complexity of cleanly cutting the massive pipe was better avoided in NASA’s opinion. With the bay door cut and its edges cleared of burrs, the new hangar bay was open for business. The next Shuttle to arrive at the station carried up the new Hangar Control Module, the last major pressurized addition to the station to date. Installation in the confined hangar was eased by using the hangar’s own robotic crane arm for final alignment and installation. Once the module was attached and activated, Enterprise finally had a fully functional robotics control station with a view on the other side of the station than the OV-101 control deck as well as a fully redundant (and much improved) primary personnel airlock. The doors, for their part, functioned as expected. While they could not seal the bay, they were sufficient to close off paths into it for most debris and radiation. Perhaps even better, they were sufficient to prevent tools or equipment from being lost on EVA within the bay, the end to a long-standing problem.

When Galileo ferried Hubble to the station for their next overhauls in 2018, the benefits were demonstrated beyond argument. The repair scope for Hubble was particularly extensive: new solar arrays designed for repeated extension and retraction to fit in the new Enterprise hangar, two of the telescope’s gyroscopes replaced, the swapping of a star-tracker (never originally intended for replacement in orbit), as well as the replacement of one of the primary cameras with the latest in a series of progressively upgraded units. Even before the hangar’s introduction, Hubble servicing aboard Enterprise was preferred to servicing with Shuttle, as EVA tasks could be spread over more days without a return to Earth driving the schedule. In this case, however, the task list was accomplished with ten percent fewer EVA hours than predicted based on past Enterprise overhauls of Hubble. Astronauts ran hours ahead on every EVA thanks to improved coordination with robotics operators, consistent controlled lighting, and reduced time from the airlock to the worksite. With the overhaul of Hubble completed days early, the main challenge of the vehicle’s visit to station was a renewed debate between ESA astronauts and NASA crew if pulling Galileo into Enterprise’s hangar for inspection of its OMS engines rendered it a “shuttle” based from Enterprise’s hangar, instead of a free-flying station.[2]

In the meantime, the original Space Shuttle program had wound its way towards conclusion. The first-generation reusable vehicle which had spawned and nurtured Enterprise was due for replacement by a next-generation fleet of spacecraft. The new Shuttle-II and reusable Conestoga vehicles were hoped to operate surface-to-orbit and orbit-to-the-moon for a fraction of the cost. The remaining four original series orbiters, Atlantis, Columbia, Challenger, and Endeavour, had all done their part in shaping the history of space development. Their constant support carrying the flag of Space Station Enterprise to and from the launch pad for almost thirty years played no small part in the station’s success. However, with Shuttle-II on the horizon, the program was already looking to the next generation. As the finale of the original Space Shuttle neared, carrying the flag of supporting Space Station Enterprise and the next generation of lunar and Mars exploration would fall to Atlas III, Shuttle-C, and Shuttle-II...if the agency could navigate a critical series of technical and funding challenges.

Artwork by: @nixonshead (AEB Digital on Twitter)

[1] This fabric liner, on the vast interior surface of the tank-turned-hanger, had a number of features of note, including the Station’s name, a NASA Meatball, and in one area, tributes to the many seamstresses who had worked in aerospace ranging from Ida Holdgreve (about whom the Smithsonian Magazine has recently run an article - and she had an absolutely fascinating story) who worked for the Wright brothers, through those who had sewn the Apollo Lunar suits, to the teams that had made the liner itself.

[2] Stories of efforts to get an “OV-101 ⁄ 7 Galileo” decal on the side of the ESA vehicle are purely apocryphal.

Last edited:
As the finale of the original Space Shuttle neared, carrying the flag of supporting Space Station Enterprise and the next generation of lunar and Mars exploration would fall to Atlas III, Shuttle-C, and Shuttle-II...if the agency could navigate a critical series of technical and funding challenges.

Looks like Enterprise has a bit more life in it. Will this tl be like Eyes and Right side up and come to an end at the present day at the time of writing or will it go past 2021?

I think it's very telling that at the end of the day Enterprise in this timeline and Freedom in Eyes Turned Skyward both end up looking like ISS. The physics of the problem are such that the ISS plan really ends up being optimal for LEO.

Looks like Enterprise has a bit more life in it. Will this tl be like Eyes and Right side up and come to an end at the present day at the time of writing or will it go past 2021?
The latter didn’t exactly end at the “present day”. It technically ended with the ILP-6 landing in (I believe) 1999, but an epilogue post summarized events to the present.

I think it's very telling that at the end of the day Enterprise in this timeline and Freedom in Eyes Turned Skyward both end up looking like ISS. The physics of the problem are such that the ISS plan really ends up being optimal for LEO.
I wouldn't quite say that, unless by "looking like the ISS" you mean "has a collection of pressurized modules and a big truss with radiators and solar panels". The latter is fairly optimal because it allows you to distribute your power generation and heat rejection systems more easily than attaching them directly to modules, but there's still a large amount of design space that fits that basic criteria. Power Tower versus Racetrack versus Dual-Keel versus actual ISS.

I wouldn't quite say that, unless by "looking like the ISS" you mean "has a collection of pressurized modules and a big truss with radiators and solar panels". The latter is fairly optimal because it allows you to distribute your power generation and heat rejection systems more easily than attaching them directly to modules, but there's still a large amount of design space that fits that basic criteria. Power Tower versus Racetrack versus Dual-Keel versus actual ISS.
Also, a lot of the family resemblance is in the solar panels wings--and don't they have design heritage from the MSFC power module for shuttle? Any space station scenario with a 1970s-to-1980s POD will probably end up resembling ISS strongly because of that, I think.

EDIT: Whereas, if you had a new-build space station program for some reason get started around 2010, you might see solar panels more reminiscent of the ultraflex arrays on Cygnus.

Last edited:
Oh wow, they opened up the side of the H2 tank not the end cap! Not want I was expecting but I'm totally down with it!
No doubt we'd have some sweet 'open the bay doors' video sequences in TTL's space media for folks to oggle at.

Just waiting for the plan to attach a Earth Observation platform to the engines now...
"And how do we get into this new platform?"
"Well we had them leave the sump-tube at the end of the External Tank..."
"Ok, that's it.. I quit, you folks are doing this JUST to mess with me. I'm out of here" :)

Randy

Is it because ISS is the "optimal" design? Or is it a matter of familiarity driving design decision making from the authors?

Or as Polish Eagle points out, does it end up looking this way because NASA's been generally looking at the idea of "tin cans strapped to a long truss with power and heat rejection" since before the Shuttle was first flown?

I also suspect that since reusing models used in other timelines is a whole heck of a lot easier than 3D modelling, texturing and rendering brand new ones every time (I see you nixonshead :p), so the non-Shuttle derived bits of Enterprise look strikingly like those used on ISS IOTL.

That helps make a lot of room--Hubble (like most Shuttle payloads) is <4.5m diameter other than dishes and solar arrays and unlike most it was designed for repeated visits.
Makes sense, and today I learned re: Hubble solar panels.

This also reminds me of a few interesting implications of the use of Enterprise's ET derived hangar, given Boldly Going's NASA's current and near future fleet.

The first and most obvious is it puts an upper limit on the size of individual components of any spaceships intended to be built and maintained aboard Enterprise (or really any External Tank derived station). Probably not an issue for anything that isn't a fuel tank for a Mars ship or something, just an interesting example of technical debt imo.

The second is that right now, NASA is currently sitting on a wealth of knowledge on how to build, fly, outfit and operate External Tank derived stations. NASA is also sitting on Shuttle-C, with its ability to throw a whole metric crapton of stuff into low orbit (way more than Shuttle or even Enterprise ever could) *and* return the expensive bits back to Earth (unlike Enterprise). Even better, while Enterprise could only ever be a one off deal in its lifetime (assuming you don't want to butcher another perfectly functional orbiter), NASA can use Shuttle-C to launch as many External Tank derived successors to Enterprise as funding and time will permit.

So, what's to stop you from strapping two, three, five, or twenty Shuttle-C ETs together and build a giant Earth orbiting station? And if Shuttle-II can continue the trend towards making spaceflight a little closer to dirt cheap, what's to stop NASA from retiring Enterprise after a successor is up and running, keeping the stationkeeping resources topped up, and opening up Enterprise-Hubble-Galileo National Park to tourism? Mir 2 has shown us that space tourism is at least marginally possible. So that perhaps one day, after you've spent some time getting adjusted to space aboard Enterprise II, you could hop aboard a Galileo shuttle over to Enterprise National Park and take a looksee of where we learned how to build things in space. It's like Dry Tortugas, but cooler :)

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself here.

As always excellent work lads and keep em coming!