Bob Hope's [Historically correct Coasts and Rivers] Blank Maps

These are awesome. :) Finding good historical basemaps for the shoreline of the Aral seems especially tricky, at least in my experience....

These are awesome. :) Finding good historical basemaps for the shoreline of the Aral seems especially tricky, at least in my experience....
This was the best I could do, although they DO come from a scientific paper
1-s2.0-S0277379100000020-gr6.gif

I have been using a patch I made for the danube delta for a few of my ancient maps. It's relatively small patches (I have not done nearly as extensive research compared to other patches made) but I figure this is relevant
Danube delta 500 AD.png

some resources to help you

some resources to help you
Thank you

These are absolutely amazing!
One request though: Could you compile absolutely all of your sources into a big google document or something alike? I'd think people would want to add coastal changes to their own blank maps, so it would be amazing to have this as a source, thanks!
(Sidenote: is the Rann actually a sea? From what I've read it seems to be a saltflat so I don't know if it can be counted and showed as one.)

These are absolutely amazing!
One request though: Could you compile absolutely all of your sources into a big google document or something alike? I'd think people would want to add coastal changes to their own blank maps, so it would be amazing to have this as a source, thanks!
(Sidenote: is the Rann actually a sea? From what I've read it seems to be a saltflat so I don't know if it can be counted and showed as one.)
Hi There,
I have several gigs of data, far too much to upload. If anyone wants data feel free to ask.
Regarding Rann, until an earthquake in 1819 changed the topography slightly the area had enough ingress of sea water plus river inflow to allow it to be classified as sea, since then it is fed by mostly rainfall and is mostly salt marsh with a few shrinking "lakes"

Hi There,
I have several gigs of data, far too much to upload. If anyone wants data feel free to ask.
Regarding Rann, until an earthquake in 1819 changed the topography slightly the area had enough ingress of sea water plus river inflow to allow it to be classified as sea, since then it is fed by mostly rainfall and is mostly salt marsh with a few shrinking "lakes"
Well it would be helpful to a lot of world maps if you made a drive with all of your data and as I work on Examap, I would like to have access to these coastal changes.
The Rann fact is quite interesting. Thanks!

Just caught something, has the now-drained Lake Tulare in southern California been accounted for, what with it having been one of the larger freshwater lakes in the western US?

You're welcome to whatever I have but it's based on your work plus my older maps
What exactly do you need
There was a map key that I thought I saw you make that had different levels of river colors, where major rivers were one shade of blue, their tributaries were another, etc. You may not have made it but I'm fairly certain you did

Hi all, I'm enjoying what you are doing here but I have a few points/suggestions;-

1] I see you are having discussions about the borders of the basins. Putting them in the same black as the shoreline makes it very difficult to remove them if you need to, surely the base-colour of the basin abutting the next basin base-colour gives a suitable "border".
2] I assume you are intending the finished product to be of use as well as artistic. May I suggest that the rivers are made the same colour within their "type/river size/basin size" as the current system seems to be quite confusing from the outside;-
View attachment 701236

This would allow anyone wishing to use the rivers to delete them by colour to the level they require.
Hope you don't think I'm butting in & looking forward to seeing the next sets of basins.

There was a map key that I thought I saw you make that had different levels of river colors, where major rivers were one shade of blue, their tributaries were another, etc. You may not have made it but I'm fairly certain you did
I think it must be this one from the Qbam Geographic Maps Thread