Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Something I've been wondering about is how did OTL's California farmworker's strike go? You know, with Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta, who both - of course - found a political crusader in the form of Bobby Kennedy, who as I gather, is gonna be an Associate Justice in the 1980s and of course, never ran for President.

Oh and, side note, I started reading this timeline last month, and it's been very much a guilty pleasure of mine to read, especially considering I've taken to reading a chapter here and there during a particularly boring period or free one :p (bad habit, I know, I'll do my best to kick it, heh). And it's inspired me so much, I'm planning on changing my username to President_Udall16, hehe. If my profile picture isn't a dead giveaway as to my favourite (second fav) president of this TL.

And just a little gift to the readers of the timeline, I was looking at some Time magazine covers and I slightly edited an OTL one so that it can fit ITTL. I see it being published sometime in the 1990s as historians would begin to reevaluate President Bush's legacy - after all the contemporary negativity over the economy and domestic issues. Imo, I see him being remembered as a fine foreign policy president who did his very best in domestic policy and made long term improvements. (i.e. deflationary measures). Something of a George Romney who ITTL is being remembered as a strong domestic president and someone who did his best foreign policy wise. We'll see how my favourite cowboy, Mo Udall, is gonna do here foreign policy wise.
Best wishes everyone, stay safe. And @President_Lincoln stay safe, and we know you're doing the very best you can with whatever endeavours you may be undertaking.

Attachments

• legacy.jpg
    legacy.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

Deleted member 146578

And just a little gift to the readers of the timeline, I was looking at some Time magazine covers and I slightly edited an OTL one so that it can fit ITTL. I see it being published sometime in the 1990s as historians would begin to reevaluate President Bush's legacy - after all the negativity over the economy and domestic issues. Imo, I see him being remembered as a fine foreign policy president who did his very best in domestic policy and made long term improvements. (i.e. deflationary measures). Something of a George Romney who ITTL is being remembered as a strong domestic president and someone who did his best foreign policy wise. We'll see how my favourite cowboy, Mo Udall, is gonna do here foreign policy wise.
Best wishes everyone, stay safe. And @President_Lincoln stay safe, and we know you're doing the very best you can with whatever endeavours you may be undertaking.
Nice edit.

And just a little gift to the readers of the timeline, I was looking at some Time magazine covers and I slightly edited an OTL one so that it can fit ITTL. I see it being published sometime in the 1990s as historians would begin to reevaluate President Bush's legacy - after all the negativity over the economy and domestic issues. Imo, I see him being remembered as a fine foreign policy president who did his very best in domestic policy and made long term improvements. (i.e. deflationary measures). Something of a George Romney who ITTL is being remembered as a strong domestic president and someone who did his best foreign policy wise. We'll see how my favourite cowboy, Mo Udall, is gonna do here foreign policy wise.
Just found a photo that could also be used for the timeline of Bush with Kissinger discussing Cambodia or him giving a speech along with Speaker Gerald R. Ford

Attachments

• gettyimages-568875769-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-568875769-612x612.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 166
  • gettyimages-904154636-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-904154636-612x612.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I have two alternatives. One where his last public appearance is before a flareup of his Addison's (of which the treatment was cortisone injections, which causes facial swelling) and the second is after said flareup.

Attachments

• last public.jpg
    last public.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 308
  • swelling.jpg
    swelling.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 291

Deleted member 146578

I have two alternatives. One where his last public appearance is before a flareup of his Addison's (of which the treatment was cortisone injections, which causes facial swelling) and the second is after said flareup.
Someone on this timeline said that his mother being the child of parents who were second cousins lead to him having a poor mixture of genes and therefore may have been the leading cause of his Addison's Disease and his other life long heath problems.

Someone on this timeline said that his mother being the child of parents who were second cousins lead to him having a poor mixture of genes and therefore may have been the leading cause of his Addison's Disease and his other life long heath problems.
I haven't heard anything about that, but it is interesting. But yeah, what I have in mind are those two photos displaying him old before and after a particularly virulent flareup of his Addison's.

Man, those are some really good projections of an aged up Kennedy.

I don't know if Kennedy would even have lived that long. He was so ill, according to the website Doctor Zebra, he had been given last rites two times before his OTL assasination.

Associate Justice Robert F. Kennedy at his alma mater, the University of Virginia School of Law, shortly after celebrating his first year on the bench. (circa [unknown, seeing as it was only hinted that it was sometime in the early to mid eighties ITTL])

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115_145807.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115_145807.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 291