Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Very nice update there Mr. President.

Good luck to the Democrats- unity on the campaign trial can, does, will? Disintegrate once in office- let’s hope the smiling bloke in the White House can hold it together.

There's a possibility Udall's presidency ends up as a reverse of Bush's - great domestically and economically, rather flat-footed on the international sphere.

Good update; like the foreshadowing here...

Congrats on Senator Audie Murphy; hope he goes far here and, yeah, him meeting Bernie Sanders would be interesting, to put it mildly...

Others that I hope go far are Harvey Milk, Jesse Jackson, and Hillary Rodham Bush (that's one of the most interesting pairings I've seen in a TL)...

BTW, the song "More Than A Feeling" was sung and released by Boston in September of 1976, so congrats for continuing the pattern, @President_Lincoln, and waiting for more, of course...

Hope Udall's presidency turns out good, BTW...

Murphy/Sanders 1984?
I mean, they're both friend-of-the-little-guy candidates, though Sanders is probably even more left-wing OTL due to the period of reduced US-Soviet tensions replacing the Brezhnev debacle era reducing the pressure on the American left. They probably will co-sponsor at least one bill in the Senate in favor of some pro-worker position like chipping away at Taft-Hartley or improving education funding in poor districts.

Fantastic work @President_Lincoln , and like @Worffan101 I'm delighted to see Audie Murphy as a Senator :D Keep it up!

I mean, they're both friend-of-the-little-guy candidates, though Sanders is probably even more left-wing OTL due to the period of reduced US-Soviet tensions replacing the Brezhnev debacle era reducing the pressure on the American left. They probably will co-sponsor at least one bill in the Senate in favor of some pro-worker position like chipping away at Taft-Hartley or improving education funding in poor districts.

I can definitely see that happening...

Okay since you brought HRB back into this, I may have come up with a quick thing off of the flash-forward 2016 fan things from like 150 pages back...

TRUMP 2020: MAKE AMERICA FAIR... AGAIN?

The Washington Post
March 20th, 2019

New York Governor Donald J. Trump has formally announced his expected campaign for the Democratic nomination. This will be his second bid for the presidency, as he was the Democratic nominee in 2016 where he was defeated by President Bush. Referred to admiringly by supporters and mockingly by detractors as “The Great Uncommoner” in a reference to William Jennings Bryan, Trump’s 2020 platform notably provides a blend of Social Democratic economics and Christian Democratic social stances which has been described as “pure populism.” This includes a final repeal to Taft-Hartley, heavy tariffs to protect American manufacturing and farming, harsher limits on immigration, and the passage of a “Labor Bill of Rights,” as he refers to a proposal he describes as “a real big-league idea, we want to really make sure it’s beautiful. We just know you’re all gonna love it, we’ll release it soon.” The most recent AP poll suggests Trump is narrowly the frontrunner at 31%. Texas Governor Joaquin Castro narrowly trails him at 28%, followed by South Dakota Senator Billie Sutton at 19%, Georgia Senator Jason Carter at 11%, and Missouri Representative Robin Carnahan at 6%.

B452EF18-0166-42F6-A584-B0F544249475.jpeg

Gov. Trump meets with UAW members in Detroit

Okay since you brought HRB back into this, I may have come up with a quick thing off of the flash-forward 2016 fan things from like 150 pages back...

The Washington Post
March 20th, 2019

New York Governor Donald J. Trump has formally announced his expected campaign for the Democratic nomination. This will be his second bid for the presidency, as he was the Democratic nominee in 2016 where he was defeated by President Bush. Referred to admiringly by supporters and mockingly by detractors as “The Great Uncommoner” in a reference to William Jennings Bryan, Trump’s 2020 platform notably provides a blend of Social Democratic economics and Christian Democratic social stances which has been described as “pure populism.” This includes a final repeal to Taft-Hartley, heavy tariffs to protect American manufacturing and farming, harsher limits on immigration, and the passage of a “Labor Bill of Rights,” as he refers to a proposal he describes as “a real big-league idea, we want to really make sure it’s beautiful. We just know you’re all gonna love it, we’ll release it soon.” The most recent AP poll suggests Trump is narrowly the frontrunner at 31%. Texas Governor Joaquin Castro narrowly trails him at 28%, followed by South Dakota Senator Billie Sutton at 19%, Georgia Senator Jason Carter at 11%, and Missouri Representative Robin Carnahan at 6%.

View attachment 491013
Funny, but let's not continue this any further, lest we attract any bears.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

The Washington Post
March 20th, 2019

DO NOT drag current politics into this, or any other, non-Chat Thread.

In light of the recent Cal intervention, I was tho maybe it could be fun to post a Photos of BSIC thread, which allows people to post pictures of the TL throughout and going up to modern day. Would anyone be up for that?

In light of the recent Cal intervention, I was tho maybe it could be fun to post a Photos of BSIC thread, which allows people to post pictures of the TL throughout and going up to modern day. Would anyone be up for that?

I would, even if, being blind, I can't see the pictures, or post them, but, I could post quotes from people during different events.

Thank you both so much! :) I would be very interested in a photos of BSiC thread. :D

I’d absolutely post on this. I’m on/off working on my own TL that I might eventually post here but writing is a bitch, and I’d like to do a bit of stylistic practice. This idea seems like a wonderful place for that!