Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

While I don’t think I am as excited as I should be with a new post from Lincoln in this thread after several weeks, especially with how long 2020 and 2021 (so far) have both felt, I think it hasn’t really sunk in yet, I remembered back to the reason why I loved this timeline and my favourite parts that I really liked, loved, enjoyed, and just in general made me happy or feel inside. But regardless, I feel like this week, and this month in general, has just gotten a little better.

I’m glad you’re getting the time you need Mr. President. I’d knew you’d eventually get back into this timeline, and you did it!

Oh my god! I'm very new to this timeline's community but I can't help but get excited by your return! Stay safe, mister president, and keep being awesome.
Thank you both very much. :) I'm thrilled to be back! @TheDetailer, I'm glad I could make your week even just a little bit better. I definitely relate to how you're feeling. If you ever need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me.

Who’s president’s health are you going to talk about?
Morris K. Udall, 38th and current President of the United States. :)
1611611693244.png

Last edited:
In order to at least provide some evidence that I've been thinking about where to move next with Blue Skies, here's a brief list of the topics I plan to cover in the next round of updates:
1. Iran (Sort of the Elephant in the Geopolitical Room ITTL, huh?)
2. Terrorism around the World, as political violence flares up.
3. The 1978 Midterm Elections
4. 1978 in Pop Culture
5. The President's Health
Hope you all are looking forward to some of these topics. :) As always, I welcome suggestions and feedback!
Out of curiosity, how is Peru doing in this universe?

Also, more than glad that the timeline is continuing, Im mostly glad that you are doing alright.

Out of curiosity, how is Peru doing in this universe?

Also, more than glad that the timeline is continuing, Im mostly glad that you are doing alright.
I will have to cover Peru more thoroughly next time we check back in with Latin America. One butterfly I have planned for them (as opposed to IOTL) is that because of the primacy of the "Kennedy Doctrine" (the U.S. supporting Democratically Elected governments and opposing Military coups), Peru (as of 1978 ITTL) is lead by a Democratically elected, Centre-right government.

Just curious, are you ever going to mention anything about the Kennedys in future posts?
Yes! :D They're one of the core focuses of this TL after all. Some things I've already confirmed in (relatively) recent posts:
1. Caroline Kennedy is pursuing a career in public service, and marries her Harvard classmate and college boyfriend, Tim Kaine in the early 1980's.
2. JFK, Jr. will spend the 1980's pursuing a career in acting, first on Broadway in New York City, and later in Hollywood.
3. Robert Kennedy will, at some unspecified time before JFK's passing in the mid-80's, become a US Supreme Court Justice.

And there's more to come, just you wait. ;)

I will have to cover Peru more thoroughly next time we check back in with Latin America. One butterfly I have planned for them (as opposed to IOTL) is that because of the primacy of the "Kennedy Doctrine" (the U.S. supporting Democratically Elected governments and opposing Military coups), Peru (as of 1978 ITTL) is lead by a Democratically elected, Centre-right government.
Oh good, no Velasco Alvarado :D

Your back! We all missed you President_Lincoln! Great update. Glad to see LGBT communities coming out of the shadows and getting to positions of power. Also today happens to be Australia Day! Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi! Hahah

@President_Lincoln - it’s truly awesome to see you back. I’m so sorry that things have been bad for you, and really hope they can get better. All the best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Also, fantastic chapter and great to see Bryant defeated like that!!!

Also Mr President I like those ideas you shared that will be focused on in Blue Skies like Terrorism and Iran. I'm a bit nervous when you mentioned Mo's health even though I know he suffered from Parkinson in OTL