Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

As for the Addisons Disease I do think due to the incredible stress of being President he would have struggled with it much more in a second term

Last edited:

Deleted member 146578

As for the Addisons Disease I do think due to the incredible stress of being President he would have struggled with it much more in a second term
According to many sources, his health was actually improving by the time he died due to new treatment and he may have been in the best of health on the day of his death.

According to many sources, his health was actually improving by the time he died due to new treatment and he may have been in the best of health on the day of his death.

Shockingly, he had already been given last rites a couple of times BEFORE Dallas.

It is bitterly ironic that his back brace, the thing that helped him with his numerous problems, might have killed him.

Deleted member 146578

Today would have marked John F. Kennedy Jr.'s 60th birthday.
1606355396555.png

Rest In Peace
(November 25, 1960 - July 16, 1999)

I had no idea I just assumed Jack was unfortunately addicted to the painkillers because of Addison Disease

Here is a list of treatments Kennedy got for everything.

During the first six months of his presidency, Kennedy's physicians "administered large doses of so many drugs that [Dr. Janet] Travell kept a `Medicine Administration Record'" 1b. Many of the drugs Kennedy received affect thinking:
cortisone[injected] Cortisol has profound psychological effects. At one extreme, "steroid psychosis" can result. At the other, a profound sensation of well-being can occur. In between, the effects are more difficult to characterize.
cortisone[oral]
lomotilFor diarrhea. Contains anti-cholinergic compounds, which, in toxic doses, can make someone "mad as a hatter."
paregoricFor diarrhea. Contains opium. Mentation is probably unaffected if used in reasonable doses, but Kenndey was taking at least 3 medications for diarrhea, suggesting that doses were high.
phenobarbitalA classic "downer"
testosteroneWas Kennedy's "bull-like" libido a side effect of testosterone? Was his cholesterol level of 410?
trasentineAn anti-diarrhea medication. There is very little published about this drug. Side effects include giddiness and euphoria.
TuinalA mixture of secobarbital and amobarbital Kennedy used to help him sleep. Amobarbital is better known as Amytal, one of the more common "truth serum" drugs.
amphetaminesPost and Robins, writing in 1993, thought it was "highly suggestive" that Kennedy took amphetamines while President, but considered it unproven 13a. The recent Atlantic article states definitively that Kennedy received injections of amphetamines and painkillers from "Dr. Feelgood," a.k.a. Max Jacobson 1b. Kennedy dismissed concerns about the injections, saying, "I don't care if it's horse piss. It works." Jacobson's medical license was revoked in 1975. Previously, in 1969, all controlled substances in his possession were confiscated by the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs 13a. It is thought that Kennedy was under the influence of amphetamines when he made his "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech 13a.

To put things in a different light, if an officer in the U.S. Air Force were taking any one of these medications, he or she would not even be allowed to talk on the radio to aircraft as supervisor of flying. Kennedy, as commander-in-chief, was supervisor for the entire Air Force.

Question: Did the Bay of Pigs result from Kennedy talking, or was it the testosterone talking?

EDIT: This is the source: https://doctorzebra.com/prez/g35.htm

Here is a list of treatments Kennedy got for everything.

During the first six months of his presidency, Kennedy's physicians "administered large doses of so many drugs that [Dr. Janet] Travell kept a `Medicine Administration Record'" 1b. Many of the drugs Kennedy received affect thinking:
cortisone[injected] Cortisol has profound psychological effects. At one extreme, "steroid psychosis" can result. At the other, a profound sensation of well-being can occur. In between, the effects are more difficult to characterize.
cortisone[oral]
lomotilFor diarrhea. Contains anti-cholinergic compounds, which, in toxic doses, can make someone "mad as a hatter."
paregoricFor diarrhea. Contains opium. Mentation is probably unaffected if used in reasonable doses, but Kenndey was taking at least 3 medications for diarrhea, suggesting that doses were high.
phenobarbitalA classic "downer"
testosteroneWas Kennedy's "bull-like" libido a side effect of testosterone? Was his cholesterol level of 410?
trasentineAn anti-diarrhea medication. There is very little published about this drug. Side effects include giddiness and euphoria.
TuinalA mixture of secobarbital and amobarbital Kennedy used to help him sleep. Amobarbital is better known as Amytal, one of the more common "truth serum" drugs.
amphetaminesPost and Robins, writing in 1993, thought it was "highly suggestive" that Kennedy took amphetamines while President, but considered it unproven 13a. The recent Atlantic article states definitively that Kennedy received injections of amphetamines and painkillers from "Dr. Feelgood," a.k.a. Max Jacobson 1b. Kennedy dismissed concerns about the injections, saying, "I don't care if it's horse piss. It works." Jacobson's medical license was revoked in 1975. Previously, in 1969, all controlled substances in his possession were confiscated by the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs 13a. It is thought that Kennedy was under the influence of amphetamines when he made his "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech 13a.

To put things in a different light, if an officer in the U.S. Air Force were taking any one of these medications, he or she would not even be allowed to talk on the radio to aircraft as supervisor of flying. Kennedy, as commander-in-chief, was supervisor for the entire Air Force.

Question: Did the Bay of Pigs result from Kennedy talking, or was it the testosterone talking?

EDIT: This is the source: https://doctorzebra.com/prez/g35.htm
Whoa! I gotta feel for Jack Kennedy having to live his life in so much pain and taking such different drugs. Poor guy

Whoa! I gotta feel for Jack Kennedy having to live his life in so much pain and taking such different drugs. Poor guy

It's a miracle he didn't KEEL OVER from having to take all these drugs.

It is bitterly depressing that his own back brace, the thing he needed to walk, may have killed him.

And even if he dodged that non-figurative bullet, he may have still died in office. Because even if Kennedy have lived to a second term, he might have still had to deal with the massive social unrest that dogged the late 60s. Imagine trying to manage these medications AND your cities are going up in flames.

Trying to pursue a political career was a bad career move for ol'Jack.

Deleted member 146578

It's a miracle he didn't KEEL OVER from having to take all these drugs.

It is bitterly depressing that his own back brace, the thing he needed to walk, may have killed him.

And even if he dodged that non-figurative bullet, he may have still died in office. Because even if Kennedy have lived to a second term, he might have still had to deal with the massive social unrest that dogged the late 60s. Imagine trying to manage these medications AND your cities are going up in flames.

Trying to pursue a political career was a bad career move for ol'Jack.
What do you think could have been the cause of his health problems that started when he was a young boy?

Deleted member 146578

I read his mom was the product of a marriage between second cousins, and some theorize that JFK lacked a healthy mix of genes, but it's just a theory.
I have never heard about that before, but I think that could have happened.