Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

And so, an era has come to an end. RIP John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

I could imagine growing up learning about all this in school and on Wikipedia, and later on YouTube. I can imagine this all being for real!

Can’t wait for the next Pop Culture update Mr. President!

And so, an era has come to an end. RIP John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

I could imagine growing up learning about all this in school and on Wikipedia, and later on YouTube. I can imagine this all being for real!

Can’t wait for the next Pop Culture update Mr. President!
I could too. It would be awesome!

Very nice update there @President_Lincoln - Mitt and Caroline seems like decent people, perhaps different to OTL,

RIP President Kennedy, I am glad you have given him a long, full life here.

Nice Marilyn Monroe survives until the 80's as well. I hope she is still successful at the time too.

I do wonder if bodybuilding/weight lifting/the male asthetic is any different ITTL?

Great chapter and somber but fitting end for JFK. I've been a lurker on the site for about 6 months and this was the first timeline I bingened and I'm glad that it keeps delievering the good stuff, from splendid pop culture developments to a much more interesting political environment. RFK on the Supreme Court and Teddy as Senate Majority leader is a nice glimpse of the future. Hope RFK ends up as Chief Justice.

Oh and congrats on the Turtledove!

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Loved the update as always, by the way. I'm sure the monumental death of JFK will be brought up again once this timeline proper makes it to 1985 and Mo Udall's third term begins successor takes the Oath of Office.

The title of the update was actually one of my favorite songs on the classic rock radio station I would listen to as a kid with my portable radio in the car. It also reminded me that I have a Styx cassette of The Grand Illusion somewhere on the headboard of my bed that I want to listen to later today.

EDIT: That last archaic sentence makes me sound older than I really am. :p

Last edited:

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Has anyone thought of doing a Video-game themed supplement to TTL?

If so, I'm available to provide some ideas.

If it weren't for being the late 1970s I would have already sent supplementary material to President_Lincoln on video games original to TTL, or synopses on OTL video games affected by butterflies ITTL..

Personally, I'd wait until the early 1980s and see how the arcades and home computer systems develop before I do so. I might come up with some cool ideas for arcade games in the BSiC-verse.

If it weren't for being the late 1970s I would have already sent supplementary material to President_Lincoln on video games original to TTL, or synopses on OTL video games affected by butterflies ITTL..

Personally, I'd wait until the early 1980s and see how the arcades and home computer systems develop before I do so. I might come up with some cool ideas for arcade games in the BSiC-verse.
OK. When we get there, why don't you shoot me a PM, and we can discuss my ideas.

I'm caught up again. First, congratulations on the well deserved Turtledove! Secondly---Jack is gone---an era has truly ended. It will be interesting to see how things progress now. Fantastic stuff as usual and I anticipate the next chapter!

Good update, @President_Lincoln...

It's nice to see how the Romney and Kennedy families are doing. On a side note, RIP, JFK; you deserve to RIP. It's somehow fitting that he died on Valentine's Day...

Hope Caroline manages to succeed ITTL...

The song "Come Sail Away" was sung and released by the band Styx in 1977, so congrats for continuing the pattern, @President_Lincoln, and waiting for more, of course...

BTW, congrats on the Turtledove...

Last edited:

Real life Polybius anyone? :evilsmile::p