Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

I didn't realize there was a new update since I didn't get a alert (again). Anyways, great first chapter for Act III. Very interested to see how the rest of Mo Udall's presidency goes.

I'm also curious to see how, despite his victory, Ted Kennedy's marriage to Sharon Tate and the birth of his twin children by her is affecting his personal life. I know you’ve said the rest of the Kennedy clan is trying to be accepting of Sharon and her kids by Ted, but I can’t imagine everyone’s happy. Who knows what Ted’s other three children by Joan think of Sharon and the twins, Gwen and James.

Last edited:
Oh lordy it's back. Get hype
And glad to be! ;)

I have just finished reading the whole timeline. It is an amazing story and well-researched too! A thousand bravo @President_Lincoln !
@Aristomenes, thank you so much for your kind words and readership! :D I'm so happy that you've enjoyed the story so far, and hope I can keep it up for you as we move along. Welcome aboard!

I didn't realize there was a new update since I didn't get a alert (again). Anyways, great first chapter for Act III. Very interested to see how the rest of Mo Udall's presidency goes.

I'm also curious to see how, despite his victory, Ted Kennedy's marriage to Sharon Tate and the birth of his twin children by her is affecting his personal life. I know you’ve said the rest of the Kennedy clan is trying to be accepting of Sharon and her kids by Ted, but I can’t imagine everyone’s happy. Who knows what Ted’s other three children by Joan think of Sharon and the twins, Gwen and James.
I apologize for you not receiving an alert, Nerdman. That is very odd :( But I'm happy to have you here whenever you can be. :) I'm thrilled you enjoyed the first chapter of the new act and would like to try and give a brief answer to your question about Senator Kennedy's marriage to Ms. Tate...

To say the least, opinions among the Kennedy clan are... mixed. While JFK, the aging patriarch, largely gave his assent due to his firm belief in self-determination for his siblings and children, the more "traditional" members of the family (think Bobby/Ethel and Eunice/Sarge Shriver) are less than pleased about the entire situation. The Kennedys' reputation suffered a close shave with the whole "Hoover Affair" of 1971. In Bobby and Eunice's eyes, the last thing the family needs is Ted going through a "mid-life crisis" and divorcing his wife very publicly to marry some blonde bombshell movie star. At the same time, Bobby and Eunice do still love their little brother, even if his actions concern them at times, and Sharon does seem like a genuine, well intentioned person. After the birth of the twins - Gwen and James - Bobby agreed, albeit with some reluctance, to serve as their Godfather, and began to speak with his brother again on more than just "business" - politics and the goings on in the Senate. Sharon found an initially cold welcome from Ethel and Jackie, but eventually they too began to open up and see her as a legitimate sister in law. If nothing else, the family is happy that Ted has sworn to moderate his use of alcohol and to remain faithful to his new wife, whom he still insists is "the love of his life". Only time will tell if his promises will be honored, but the family's scars are being healed nonetheless, with JFK now turning his attention to his two eldest children - Caroline and John, Jr. - as the two of them prepare to decide what they will do with their lives... As mentioned in a previous update, Caroline, always "the Quiet Kennedy" has had a change of heart following her coverage of the '76 election. She's beginning to think maybe politics, or some kind of public service, might be in her future as well...

Anyways, hope some of that was interesting for you. :) Next update should be up soon, I hope. Cheers everyone, and Merry Christmas! :D