Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Oh? She got a promotion ITTL?
IOTL she was a Lt. in TMP and in Phase II pre-production...
I suppose? I admittedly haven’t watched TMP in years (Fun fact that I’ll shamelessly admit that I fell asleep during my first viewing of the movie). Lets just assume she gets promoted during the first season or starts as a commander ITTL.

I suppose? I admittedly haven’t watched TMP in years (Fun fact that I’ll shamelessly admit that I fell asleep during my first viewing of the movie). Lets just assume she gets promoted during the first season or starts as a commander ITTL.
Fair 'nuff; though she seems a bit young to be a commander...even moreso since the show is being made 3 years before the movie....
Though if the crew is actually getting promotions and progressing in their careers ITTL, it begs the question of who she pissed off to still be a navigator at that rank :p
(Sulu still being a helmsman and nothing else at his age and rank is both a plot hole created by the constraints of the movies, and in-universe arguably out of his loyalty to Adm. Kirk; but with TTL having the progression of characters actually moving forward in their careers, that isn't going to be an issue ITTL)

Good update.

Like the casting for Star Trek; Morgan Freeman and Lesley Ann Warren are both good choices, IMO, and it's Takei, not Takai, BTW. Like MLK, Jr.'s casting as Decker's father, and RIP to King, BTW...

As for Toshiro Mifune, that's a good choice for Obi-Wan (watch Shogun for an idea of how he might play him; BTW, what's Richard Chamberlain up to?); Orson Welles as Darth Vader is an inspired choice. I agree with those who also want Mark Hamill to play the Joker in the inevitable Batman live-action movie; either him or Crispin Glover (aka George McFly in Back to the Future). Like that Star Wars still becomes a success...

Like the mention of Sharon Tate, especially with the release of Once Upon A Time in Hollywood IOTL; she's married to Ted Kennedy and has twins?!? Wonder what'll happen to Roman Polanski (who got into...trouble at this time--basically, the guy's a child molester and pervert IOTL and should have served jail time)…

The song "Space Talk" was sung by Asha Puthli and released in 1976, so congrats for continuing the pattern, @President_Lincoln, and waiting for more...

This picture just confirms how much I want Mark Hamill to play a live-action Joker in this time line I mean tell me no one else sees the Joker face without makeup.
He played the Trickster in both the original and modern Flash tv series as well as voicing the animated Joker. Forget Luke Sywalker, Mark Hamill was destined to be the Joker. His most recent appearance in The Flash, even his makeup is very Joker-y/Man Who Laughs

Thank you all for the kind words and feedback! :D As always, I'm so thrilled to hear that you guys enjoyed the update. SO much of the credit for this chapter belongs to @Nerdman3000, and I just wanted to thank him once more for the wonderful work he's provided here and throughout the TL as a whole.

In response to your comments about Hamill playing the Joker in a live action production of Batman, I am completely on board. It would require a minor retcon, as in a previous update I mentioned Robin Williams as playing the Joker in 1984's Batman ITTL. Is swapping out Williams (who is, admittedly, in the top three for my all time favorite actors) for Hamill (whom I believe to be the best Joker IOTL) something that everyone else is okay with? :)

In response to your comments about Hamill playing the Joker in a live action production of Batman, I am completely on board. It would require a minor retcon, as in a previous update I mentioned Robin Williams as playing the Joker in 1984's Batman ITTL. Is swapping out Williams (who is, admittedly, in the top three for my all time favorite actors) for Hamill (whom I believe to be the best Joker IOTL) something that everyone else is okay with? :)
Oh definitely!
I think Robin Williams is better suited to play The Riddler anyway ;)

I second that. A Robin Williams Riddler would be amazing, especially if you go with darker more sinister take on the character instead of manic like Jim Carrey

I second that. A Robin Williams Riddler would be amazing, especially if you go with darker more sinister take on the character instead of manic like Jim Carrey

I second this The villains Batman has should reflect him in various ways The Joker being the opposite to batman's seriousness, The Riddler needs to be equal to Batman's intelligence and Robin Williams would pull that off perfectly.

1. Danny Devito still works as a more traditional Penguin.
  2. I was going to suggest Nimoy as the Riddler but I realize there's a villain he'd be better suited for. Ra's Al Ghul. Anyone familiar with his work as Xehanort from the Kingdom Hearts games would know that he'd be perfect to bring the scheming immortal to life. Even if David Warner is the One True Ra's in my book.
  3. Robert Englund as Scarecrow seems to be a good choice even if the movies that'd make him such a perfect choice wouldn't exist in TTL.
The beauty of the Bat is how extensive and distinctive his rogue's gallery is.

1. Danny Devito still works as a more traditional Penguin.
  2. I was going to suggest Nimoy as the Riddler but I realize there's a villain he'd be better suited for. Ra's Al Ghul. Anyone familiar with his work as Xehanort from the Kingdom Hearts games would know that he'd be perfect to bring the scheming immortal to life. Even if David Warner is the One True Ra's in my book.
  3. Robert Englund as Scarecrow seems to be a good choice even if the movies that'd make him such a perfect choice wouldn't exist in TTL.
The beauty of the Bat is how extensive and distinctive his rogue's gallery is.

Odd thought then if you have Nimoy as Ra's Al Ghul have a Bane based more around the Nolan version with a twist Bruce was the chosen replacement Bane the disregarded one who grew jealous and takes over after Ra's death but is driven by the need to beat The Batman and prove to himself he is the true heir and have him played by a young Liam Neeson I'm picturing Darkman sorta.

Batman Casting Retcon
Greetings all! In response to some wonderful feedback and advice that I've received from you, my amazing audience, I have decided to issue a minor retcon concerning the casting of the Joker in TTL's 1984 live action Batman film. :) Because of his strong live action career as a star ITTL, I am going to have Mark Hamill play the Joker in TTL's Batman and any other appearances in its sequels (and animated spin-off series!).

upload_2019-7-26_23-18-45.jpeg
upload_2019-7-26_23-18-56.jpeg

This makes the new main cast for 1984's Batman:

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Kevin Conroy
Dick Grayson/Robin - Kiefer Sutherland
The Joker - Mark Hamill
Vicki Vale - Sean Young
Alexander Knox - Robert Wuhl
Police Commissioner James Gordon - Tom Skerritt
Harvey Dent - Billy Dee Williams
Alfred Pennyworth - Jon Pertwee

I look forward to casting more movies with you all in the future as TTL moves forward! :D

Last edited:

Batman/Bruce Wayne - Harrison Ford
The Joker - Mark Hamill
Vicki Vale - Sean Young
.....Holy shit..! I want to see this movie!

Looking back to the plot of TTL's 1984 with Superman and Wonder Woman approaching Batman, I wonder how a Justice League of America film would materialize. That would likely necessitate films for The Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. Personally, with the popularity of Star Trek: Phase II and Star Wars, I would go for Green Lantern to follow Batman. With the minority-led ST: Phase II in mind I would nominate Denzel Washington as John Stewart. (Not a knock on Hal Jordan, but I think Denzel would kill it as GL and he's at about the right age in in the mid-80s.)

Greetings all! In response to some wonderful feedback and advice that I've received from you, my amazing audience, I have decided to issue a minor retcon concerning the casting of the Joker in TTL's 1984 live action Batman film. :) Because of his strong live action career as a star ITTL, I am going to have Mark Hamill play the Joker in TTL's Batman and any other appearances in its sequels (and animated spin-off series!).

The Joker - Mark Hamill
Vicki Vale - Sean Young

I look forward to casting more movies with you all in the future as TTL moves forward! :D
This movie sounds awesome. Glad you made Hamill the Joker. I also like how the actor playing the Third Doctor in OTL is playing Alfred since his son played him in the show Gothan.

I agree with those who also want Mark Hamill to play the Joker in the inevitable Batman live-action movie; either him or Crispin Glover (aka George McFly in Back to the Future).
I've mentioned it before, but Crispin Glover would honestly be a much better 1980's Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Like the mention of Sharon Tate, especially with the release of Once Upon A Time in Hollywood IOTL; she's married to Ted Kennedy and has twins?!?
Literally just saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and it was completely fantastic. Instantly one of my top three Tarantino films ever. And yes, here Sharon Tate is married to Ted Kennedy and now has twins. And yes, one of them is named Gwen, though admittedly it's suppose to be after Sharon Tate's mother, Doris Gwendolyn Tate. It wasn't until after I wrote that bit for @President_Lincoln that I realized the coincidence considering the whole Kennedy Camelot connect and the tie to Queen Guinevere of Camelot.

The Joker - Mark Hamill
Vicki Vale - Sean Young

While I love Hamill as a live action Joker (plus I can totally see him being willing to come back and do the animated voice as well later on), I admittedly don't know about how to feel about Harrison Ford as Bruce Wayne. He's a great actor, but I can't imagine Batman when I see him, funny enough (Bruce Wayne, yes, not Batman though). That and him working with Mark Hamill three times in a row ITTL is a little weird and convenient.

Personally, if I had to cast alternate 1980s Batman, I'd go with either Bruce Greenwood, or if you want to go really meta, cast a then small time actor by the name of Kevin Conroy. They're both the best Batman animated voices in OTL, and at the time would both be unknowns (like Christopher Reeve was before Superman), so both would be perfect.

Young Bruce Greenwood:

or

Young Kevin Conroy:

Last edited: