Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

Cool update! Butterflies are well on their way here—is there a McCartney/Epstein-dominated Apple Records on the horizon? Also the Hendrix arrest and then award was pretty funny!

On the other hand, there would be much less sympathy from Americans in the field or at home for the Khmer Rouge than the Viet Cong—they’re monsters and that will become obvious pretty quickly.

Thanks cmakk! :D Glad you enjoyed the update. :) Brian's survival and recovery from addiction have gone a long way toward encouraging McCartney's business tendencies. This, combined with John never developing a relationship with Yoko Ono have led to an overall more stable Beatles (at least for the time being).

An excellent point about the Khmer Rouge. Besides, Andropov and the Soviets have no plans on backing the Cambodian Communists, their focus is entirely on strengthening Eastern Europe. If Pol Pot is getting any aid, it will be coming from the PRC, North Vietnam, and Castro.

On the other hand, there would be much less sympathy from Americans in the field or at home for the Khmer Rouge than the Viet Cong—they’re monsters and that will become obvious pretty quickly.
Well The Viet Cong committed a lot of war crimes, that didnt stop the hippies and radicals from going out into street with Viet cong flags and chanting things like "HO HOO HO chimin, NFL is gonna win"

How's Laos? Does TTL have a version of the Ho Chi Minh Trail?

Indeed it does. The situation in Vietnam is settled, but the North Vietnamese still want to see the country reunited, as does the South. The South is slowly democratizing thanks to U.S. influence via the Kennedy Doctrine, and could become a beacon of economic development and freedom ITTL, but only if it is allowed to grow and is properly protected.

Start of Act II
Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond
Act II: The Seesaw Seventies

“Extremism in defense of liberty is not a vice, but I denounce political extremism, of the left or the right, based on duplicity, falsehood, fear, violence and threats when they endanger liberty.” - President George Romney

“Idealism is fine, but as it approaches reality, the costs become prohibitive.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

“In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream…” - Bruce Springsteen, “Born to Run”

“Use the Force, Luke.” - Toshiro Mifune as Obi Wan Kenobi, in Star Wars

“Some men see things as they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not.” - Robert F. Kennedy

“Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” - Marilyn Monroe

5u5Nk236gZ9YJS6Vdt3hWHjv2WQ4urCrmxcKb8x5ZhA2YBdhKnV10BolAAIu11b7tzLDNPwokelIJbDHNiu4N3l3So5H3ENmv_TFnRwTL2SXITaifo5hE9Bd2CkAI6Va7MN_S6ik

kzH9G1eTMdvRn7OJAXTa8vjJSqooxUlxYCM-LaHTIQ6B_VGKjAlch07ipMZmyvXuYAWmC6t-XkzLyXrImGoVgqn_FREFljNjDy5NxH-s-KU4Fm0u7cf7puuTb_nWxO64pK4wbbqH
ErfzwG18xchZi07juTM2YiyWPoMxwEetRH7FpvFZ5JljCVNKQ63_NoIPojqF9vhLdPfyZ50bqNjEPgXgOixNUsUHXDQz8ffrB8mLJ6uJPFy7XBWPESy6xy2sz8LuPQPO0bzwpcBH
i-Dg17aC9Ua39_xwjjevEDUA7oWJ396-zCKmiftBNyyzwjR_-LXAsFFmJnezxBxB-bvQVPQRHm0q9EoLlbsd1Ot3lll0cWlIKzrVgZuzqeLRC4znJ2Cz5L2sSMu4BzwnC0roGk2S

XMiU2X8sadtN9vmtoXHAsjlm4LA6EvFwnMs5Obwhc0l7hWoKd_ajlU59ETlUyoBOZm7_a-yg3qWLzVkbV4_w2PBxenxc7h4EeeSLdw5N1IOnR8Ubk6sCJj9OiMLGSvDZb2SUNO2r
M1tZO2MLtE2m5QL3urxxsf7IZQRopYQCV-d0wMnx_3waxetcrp0FoJPb4o5XwYQd4D484pGXb4_hvBxc4GjwaBt6oOsxYWuWsLmoZ-XRXDia8SpIc3C2pWih6BQWSWT7-MkV-9HL
l1BIh0xYeXPj8tMv5A8q851jTfF3m1_UaYEAdiRqfgTNI27-cfvBo0qmRJC8Vaa_dnyyK5IFqDp8sGKJMdu7DI4xm-n-ZYT9JBz4ZL3tq6xRLVRntXoYtPOobPB9KYEtUhwE54EJ

I respect that Mifune would have been a great Obi-Wan but then if we do the prequels we are deprived of Ewan Mcgregor as young Obi-Wan, I dunno who could play him.