Blank Pacific Oriented Basemaps edited by BobHope

There have been a people who have asked for Pacific Oriented maps on the main thread but I have yet to see a good usable map, so I went trawling and did some work of my own.

I have collected the ones I consider the best together here for anyone to use.
Unlike the Q-Bam world maps, the Pacific does not have a standard format size so I am including all Blanks that I think could be useful.

All of the authors have given permission for their maps to be used and I recommend anyone to visit their collections [link in posts].

Lets start with my favourite from @gsnj
deviantart.com/gsnj/gallery

Map by @gsnj Dimensions 4500 x 3319 Blank World map
523KB

UDihL0D.png

Last edited:
Now this is one of mine, it's based on the Q-Bam map produced by @CthulhuFhtagn back in 2014.

Map by @BobHope Dimensions 4973 x 2517 Blank World map
156KB

tON7CkT.png

Last edited:
Of Course, there are adaptions of the Q-Bam as well, these were my attempts;
[NB They are NOT the current Q-Bam format]

Map by @BobHope Dimensions 2150 x 2159 Blank World map
176KB

a0dGjh8.png

Map by @BobHope Dimensions 6800 x 2159 Blank World map
328KB
fDb4IAi.png

Map by @BobHope Dimensions 7711 x 2159 Blank World map
348KB
reoqtlD.png

There is obviously the https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WorldMap-B_non-Frame.png available but it already has the 255 Palette filled, so I have produced some reduced Palette versions myself that can be used;

This is Q-Bam sized 4974 x 2519 139KB
8uTo1YI.png

and a terrain version 4974 x 2519 949KB
cHjVhEs.png

For those who want a larger version - 7964 x 3980 249KB
6lHyEyF.png

and a terrain version [incl ocean] 7964 x 3980 5269KB
vXBXHY3.jpg

These are awesome, equirectangular maps are far superior to the curved QBAM in part because of the ability to change the centre meridian with extreme ease (you can do it in 2 seconds in paint even)

I wonder is there a reason why they are slightly off from the 4k or 8k standards? Why not 8,192 and 4,096?

It seems like these could very almost line up and contribute to the equirectangular alternative to QBAM the XK BAMs, after all they should line up bar a few pixels no?

These are awesome, equirectangular maps are far superior to the curved QBAM in part because of the ability to change the centre meridian with extreme ease (you can do it in 2 seconds in paint even)

I wonder is there a reason why they are slightly off from the 4k or 8k standards? Why not 8,192 and 4,096?

It seems like these could very almost line up and contribute to the equirectangular alternative to QBAM the XK BAMs, after all they should line up bar a few pixels no?

I agree, they are easy to adjust.
As to why they are slightly off, I don't know the reason.
As to whether they are a viable alternate to the Q-Bam and XK-Bam, I guess it's because there is so much resource out there for those two map types that outweighs it the plusses for this.

There have been a people who have asked for Pacific Oriented maps on the main thread but I have yet to see a good usable map, so I went trawling and did some work of my own.

I have collected the ones I consider the best together here for anyone to use.
Unlike the Q-Bam world maps, the Pacific does not have a standard format size so I am including all Blanks that I think could be useful.

All of the authors have given permission for their maps to be used and I recommend anyone to visit their collections [link in posts].
Oh finally. I hate those Atlantic maps which completely hide the extent of the American Pacific empire.

There is obviously the https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WorldMap-B_non-Frame.png available but it already has the 255 Palette filled, so I have produced some reduced Palette versions myself that can be used;

This is Q-Bam sized 4974 x 2519 139KB
8uTo1YI.png

and a terrain version 4974 x 2519 949KB
cHjVhEs.png

For those who want a larger version - 7964 x 3980 249KB
6lHyEyF.png

and a terrain version [incl ocean] 7964 x 3980 5269KB
vXBXHY3.jpg
Very nice! The Pacific Mountain rim in the Americas is very well displayed.