Blank Map of the Dinosaur Period?

Onyx

Banned
I've been looking all over the web for a blank map of the continents during the Jurassic and Cretaceous Period, but I cant find them anywhere, can any of you help me find one?

You realize that both those periods spanned over millions of years with massive geologic changes happening the entire time? Its like you are asking for a political map of Europe without citing a specific date. The locations of land masses were constantly changing.

A map of Pangaea is probably the closest you will get.

Last edited:
This may help. ;)

Also, "dinosaur period" is a very loose term that really doesn't fit reality given that dinosaurs spanned a period of about 160 million years. The first dinosaurs started appearing in the late Triassic (about 220 million years ago), but dinosaurs didn't become really abundant until the start of the Jurassic (about 200 million years ago), but from that moment on they dominated terrestrial ecosystems until the end of the Cretaceous (65 million years ago).

So, if you're think about dinosaurs like Allosaurus, Diplodocus and Stegosaurus, try Late Jurassic. If you think more about Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus or Ankylosaurus, Late Cretaceous is the time you're rather looking for.

Onyx

Banned
The reason why Im wanting like a billion year old map is that I want a Distorted Earth Map for something, you might recognize this in the Ace Combat games in which Earth is entirely distorted.

^Thats the map I keep getting, I dont know why they just cant make a Blank map, its not really that hard.... But thank you anyway

The reason why Im wanting like a billion year old map is that I want a Distorted Earth Map for something, you might recognize this in the Ace Combat games in which Earth is entirely distorted.

^Thats the map I keep getting, I dont know why they just cant make a Blank map, its not really that hard.... But thank you anyway

1 billion years old?! There were nothing but single-celled lifeforms around 1 billion years ago, let alone dinosaurs. ;)

In regard for paleogeography, there's no reliable maps until the latest Precambrian. You really really need to get your grasp of the stratigraphic table right... :eek:

Onyx

Banned
1 billion years old?! There were nothing but single-celled lifeforms around 1 billion years ago, let alone dinosaurs. ;)

In regard for paleogeography, there's no reliable maps until the latest Precambrian. You really really need to get your grasp of the stratigraphic table right... :eek:

*Starts banging the table with his head*
I *Bang* Don't *Bang* Care *Bang Bang Bang*

MrP

Banned
*Starts banging the table with his head*
I *Bang* Don't *Bang* Care *Bang Bang Bang*

If your standards are as you say, then I submit the following precise and exact map of the world during the period specified. I divined the contents myself.

PreciselyDetailed.JPG

Onyx

Banned
But, but...you should care! :eek::eek:

What and if I dont then whats going to happen? A giant rip of the space time continium?
*A Big Rip appears in the sky*
.......Fuck.

*Starts saying in a depserate mood*
All I need, is just a Blank Map of Pangea, Gondwana, a Distorted Earth, anything just blank and white
And to make things more detailed, I looked up Pangea and there wasn't any blank map of it

^ Wow, just wow... You sir are an artist

Can't you take one of the maps already provided and just make a blank map out of it? It's not that hard.

EDIT: Here. This took me about a minute.

Dinosaur Map.png

Last edited:
What and if I dont then whats going to happen? A giant rip of the space time continium?
*A Big Rip appears in the sky*
.......Fuck.

Well, why did you ask in the first place? You really should have seen it coming when writing "dinosaur period" into the thread title, you know.