Black This Out- A Ron Paul 2012 Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Refer to my previous posts. This is only used as a way to disprove the absolute striking down of a conspiracy by the GOP establishment to assassinate Paul. If the Obama administration could claim such authority, it would make no sense to absolutely deny the possibility of an assassination plot by the GOP establishment.
Well, thanks so much for stopping by.

Here is your Golden Ticket for the 7:04 Crazy Train to Coventry.

Give us a ring when the Shuttle lands.

Oh- while OTL Republicans attacked Obama over the Benghazi deaths, Paul will point out that the US shouldn't have been in Libya in the first place...

Which I don't think is going to be a runner, particularly. Afghanistan, and Iraq, sure. So many families have sent people there, so many have had them come back broken or in a coffin. But Libya was 'easy' for the American people, and in the same way that you wouldn't have got much running out of Kosovo in the late 90s, I don't think you can gin up much popular outrage with "they shouldn't have been in Libya!"
A quite appropriate response would be "We have embassies representing US interests all over the world, as do all other major nations."

Which I don't think is going to be a runner, particularly. Afghanistan, and Iraq, sure. So many families have sent people there, so many have had them come back broken or in a coffin. But Libya was 'easy' for the American people, and in the same way that you wouldn't have got much running out of Kosovo in the late 90s, I don't think you can gin up much popular outrage with "they shouldn't have been in Libya!"
A quite appropriate response would be "We have embassies representing US interests all over the world, as do all other major nations."

He was also opposed to the raid on Bin Laden's compound, that probably kills his campaign on its own.

He was also opposed to the raid on Bin Laden's compound, that probably kills his campaign on its own.

However, he could re-direct the Bin Laden thing to similar events in US history and how it will strain US-Pakistan relations to fit into his "blowback" theme.

How about Susana Martinez for the VP slot? Female, Latino, battleground state, conservative, yet reasonably so, and a gifted speaker with a good sense of humor.

How about Susana Martinez for the VP slot? Female, Latino, battleground state, conservative, yet reasonably so, and a gifted speaker with a good sense of humor.

That could work too. Through it may depend on his popularity with Latinos and the female vote if he needs it.

However, he could re-direct the Bin Laden thing to similar events in US history and how it will strain US-Pakistan relations to fit into his "blowback" theme.

When was the last time foreign agents assassinated a major figure on American soil? Even if there were many notable examples I doubt comparing that to Osama Bin Laden would do anything but give the Obama campaign a good soundbyte.

Remember how well 'Osama Bin laden is dead, General Motors is alive' resonated? The Democrats could only really hit the Republicans on the latter in OTL, the former was an achievement but it wasn't something they could argue that a Republican POTUS wouldn't have done, now they can.

When was the last time foreign agents assassinated a major figure on American soil? Even if there were many notable examples I doubt comparing that to Osama Bin Laden would do anything but give the Obama campaign a good soundbyte.

Remember how well 'Osama Bin laden is dead, General Motors is alive' resonated? The Democrats could only really hit the Republicans on the latter in OTL, the former was an achievement but it wasn't something they could argue that a Republican POTUS wouldn't have done, now they can.
There have been several assassinations, but none of American politicians.
Then again, Al-Quaida could try various terror attacks to destabilize the US and avenge Bin Laden.
And if the Benghazi attack happens, Paul would go a step farther than current Republican critics and say that Obama's use of force in Libya against Congress's approval caused the situation.

ron_paul_vs_obama_by_pazero-d5rrbi8.jpg

Image made for the upcoming general election.

I'm having trouble writing the next update (only one page worth) so tell me what you guys want to see more of and I'll work it in.

Here are some:

-More about Anarchyonomous

-Impact of Ron Paul on pop culture, TV? Gaming(ignore what I said about Bioware through, it's frankly unrealistic)? Film?

-RT and Alternative media getting a boost for their coverage of Ron Paul when the MsM ignored him

-Impact of RP on Conspiracy culture in America--more people tune into Infowars? But with a Paul victory, would it actually mean conspiracy mentality deceases?

-Damage Control and PR relations campaign done by the Obama administration to ensure maximum victory--I can see Obama allowing Hedges to win the NDAA Lawsuit and
allow the law to be struck down so RP won't bring it up in debate. I can also see a audit of the fed passing in Senate and Obama promising not to crack down on marijuana users, as well as laxing gun control.

-Some ppl in GOP screwing with Paul's chance of victory

-How anti-Obama progressives and radicals react to Ron Paul. This will be very, very, conflicting and divisive......especially when Nader himself gives his viewpoint on this....

-Some future events about the Revolution movie, and make Grey State a movie trilogy too. With RP popularity boost, there may be a shift in anti-establishment TV and movies

-Ron Paul attending the two Free & Equal third parties debates vs. Jill Stein and Rocky Anderson(Goode might drop out with his party to endorse Ron Paul so he represents both Johnson and Goode)

-Impact of RP nomination on US foreign policy, Rand's chances in 2016 if Paul loses.

-Impact of RP nomination on Drug policy

-Impact of RP nomination on Gun control

Last edited:
So, what do you think of these ideas?
All sound interesting.

I am curious if other countries will try and intervene in the process, be they NATO members, or other allies (I'm sure Israel and Georgia will have things to say...).

Oh! Could Ron Paul go after the Obama Administration (and Hillary Clinton in particular) over encouraging Identity Theft of diplomats' information?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spying_on_United_Nations_leaders_by_United_States_diplomats

All sound interesting.

I am curious if other countries will try and intervene in the process, be they NATO members, or other allies (I'm sure Israel and Georgia will have things to say...).

Oh! Could Ron Paul go after the Obama Administration (and Hillary Clinton in particular) over encouraging Identity Theft of diplomats' information?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spying_on_United_Nations_leaders_by_United_States_diplomats

Perhaps...

As for other countries, I can perhaps see Israel doing something. We have someone who is an isolationist, allegedly has sympathies for Palestine(not proven), has unproven and shady background in regards to race, and would cut aid to all US allies and enemies...including Israel. Netanyahu would, seeing no viable alternative on the Republican side, mends his problems with Obama and grudgingly endorses him.

Georgia, given the fact that the US president there is removed by a pro Russian coalition, possibly might be more open to RP victory

Internationally countries that would support Ron Paul(through since they're not American citizens, they have no say) may be:

Russia, Pakistan, Iran, Most of the Middle East sans the Gulf Monarchies, Libya and Israel(they will support Obama as the Gulf Monarchies are traditionally US allies, Israel for obvious reasons, and Libya because Obama helped them defeat Gaddafi) since they're tired of US intervention, possibly Serbia and the more anti-American European countries. The Latin American left might support Ron Paul depending on how you view it.

Opposing him are:

-Most of Europe, Israel, the Gulf states, Libya, Panama(given what RP said about the Canal), and I'm not sure who else.

So it's really a bet between those who benefited from US foreign policy and those who suffered from it.

I am not sure about China and Afghanistan, the latter has been a victim of the Drone Strikes but does it need the US? Also unsure about Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.