Best & Worst AH, TV and Film Presidents In Media

Hey everyone just been watching Designated Survivor and it got me thinking who are the best and worst Presidents in AH, TV and Film Media?

Just interested in everyone's opinions.

I think we can safely say that Frank Underwood from HOUSE OF CARDS (US) - being not only crooked but blatantly EVIL - has to rank fairly low on the List; also that Mr Josiah Bartlet from THE WEST WING has to rank very highly! (you should know when selecting my alias "Captain Obvious" was the leading alternative).;)

Among the best:
Thomas Whitmore (Independence Day)
Josiah Bartlet (The West Wing)
James Marshall (Air Force One)
Thomas Kirkman (Designated Survivor)
Jordan Lyman (Seven Days in May)

Among the worst:
Frank Underwood (House of Cards)
Chet Roosevelt (Americathon)
Caroline Reynolds (Prison Break)
Charles Logan (24)
Richard Blake (The Day After Tomorrow)

Honorable mentions:
Jack Ryan: misses out being among the best because he is not president in any of the film/TV adaptations released thus far
Dwayne Camacho (Idiocracy)-would be among the worst due to his general idiocy but given the context he’s in he might be among the better leaders available by that time
Douglass Dilman (The Man)-shows very good leadership potential but not enough is shown to determine how his administration goes
Merkin Muffley (Dr. Strangelove)-triggers the apocalypse which is obviously bad but did do his best to avoid that result

Good:
Michael Wilson (Metal Wolf Chaos) for being cool

Mediocre:
Selina Meyer (Veep)

Mixed:
The movie My Fellow Americans. Kramer and Douglas are good, their successor is bad.

Bad:
Erwin Rexall (Give me Liberty)
Lex Luthor. Nuff said.
not-Sarah Palin (yeah, sure) in Iron Sky.

Worst:
Greg Stillson (The Dead Zone, by Stephen King). If you don't know: He starts nuclear WW3 because he thinks god told him to.

mspence

Banned
In Superman: Red Son Lex Luthor is actually a good guy who, after Superman seemingly sacrifices himself, is able to turn the world into a Utopia as President.

Best:

Jed Bartlett
David Palmer

Worst:

Frank Underwood
Zebediah Killgrave (President for Life, Marvel 1602)
Various versions of Robert Kelly (X-Men)

Worst:
Greg Stillson (The Dead Zone, by Stephen King). If you don't know: He starts nuclear WW3 because he thinks god told him to.
Stillson never actually got to the White House - it was a premonition, in the book.

Worst
President James Dale in Mars Attacks!

Best
Rufus T Firefly of Freedonia

Various versions of Robert Kelly (X-Men)
The animated series version of him ended up being alright.

Also if we include video game presidents I think Adam Benford from Resident Evil deserves some recognition for being willing to reveal governmental corruption. And Howard Ackerman probably should rank poorly due to being a cyborg built by an enemy country

I would vote for President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. Especially given his competition. Agreed that James Dale is a terrible leader, though.

Also on the worst list--President Ackerman from Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. He goes rogue and has to be taken out by the player amidst a three-way world war because he's weaponized Mount Rushmore.

Laura Roslin(nBSG): made the right choice to abonden the crumbling Colonies to the Cylons ultimately preserving at least a small remnant of the human race. And then shepherded said remnant across the stars staving off a Cylon occupation, two military coups, and an alliance with a rebel Cylon faction and ultimately leading humanity too a new homeworld where it continues to endure 150,000 odd years later.

The Beast and the Smiler from Transmetropolitan.

High up on the list of best = most fun, and quite decent on best = most interesting. Not so much on best = remotely moral, or good for the country, to say the least. But what do you expect of a President written by Warren Ellis?