Best warships that should have been built

All the warships that were in the Admiralty's 10-Year Programme of 1924 that weren't built IOTL. In particular the 3 aircraft carriers that weren't built.

IOTL the plan was to build four 17,000 ton aircraft carriers to replace Argus, Eagle, Hermes and Vindictive. The following might not be 100% accurate, but from memory they were to be ordered in the 1924-25, 1928-29, 1931-32 and 1934-35 Navy Estimates; laid down in 1925, 1929, 1932 and 1935; and be completed in 1928, 1932, 1935 and 1938 respectively.

Therefore, the Royal Navy would have had seven aircraft carriers at the end of 1938 consisting of the four 17,000 ton ships and the "Three Follies."
Where's the funding for 3 more carriers coming from in this timeframe? For the first carrier was there any significant reduction of the naval estimates under Macdonald in 1924 that could at least allow funding for the first ship or pair of ships?

Where's the funding for 3 more carriers coming from in this timeframe? For the first carrier was there any significant reduction of the naval estimates under Macdonald in 1924 that could at least allow funding for the first ship or pair of ships?
The question, "How do you pay for it?" can be asked about most of the ships referred to in this thread.

This is not long after the Geddes Axe. The government lowered taxes, which reduced its revenue, as well as cutting spending. Therefore, the money was there, but AIUI what was lacking was the necessary political will and public support to maintain taxation and spending at early 1920s levels. However, I haven't a clue about how to make British voters of the era want to pay higher taxes.

The question, "How do you pay for it?" can be asked about most of the ships referred to in this thread.

This is not long after the Geddes Axe. The government lowered taxes, which reduced its revenue, as well as cutting spending. Therefore, the money was there, but AIUI what was lacking was the necessary political will and public support to maintain taxation and spending at early 1920s levels. However, I haven't a clue about how to make British voters of the era want to pay higher taxes.
It's a legitimate question. Given that Britain also changed 4 governments in 1922-24 it has possible answers at least to some limited extend. I presume British naval estimates in 1920-31 and how much of that was dedicated to construction every year is available?

It's a legitimate question. Given that Britain also changed 4 governments in 1922-24 it has possible answers at least to some limited extend. I presume British naval estimates in 1920-31 and how much of that was dedicated to construction every year is available?
IIRC the estimated cost of the OTL Ark Royal was around £4 million. Therefore, my estimate for the cost of the 3 ships built 1924-35 is £12 million that happens to work out at £1 million a year. However, on top of that is the cost of the aircraft and the operating costs of the ships.

This is total British Government Expenditure 1918-40
Revenue and Expenditure 1918-40.png

This Should Be Self-Explanatory
Naval Expenditure 1922-23 to 1939-40.png

This Table Shows The Amounts of Money Spent and The Number of Ships Ordered
Naval Expenditure 1922-23 to 1939-40 Mk 2.png

IIRC the estimated cost of the OTL Ark Royal was around £4 million. Therefore, my estimate for the cost of the 3 ships built 1924-35 is £12 million that happens to work out at £1 million a year. However, on top of that is the cost of the aircraft and the operating costs of the ships.
I'd estimate the smaller 17,000t carriers at about 3 million pounds apiece. But yes. From the tables above the obvious place you can effect a change is 1923-24. Keep the budget to the same level with the previous and the former year say at 55.9 million and you've just got an additional 3.3 million. That should be nearly enough either to order a new carrier early or alternatively to move orders for two cruisers ahead to 1923-24 and order a pair of Ark Royals in 1934. So perhaps getting 4 new carriers is too much but a pair say ordered in 1931 and 1934 looks quite plausible with very limited changes. Which would give you a fleet consisting of two Ark Royals, the three Follies and Eagle at about 132,000t total.