Best Location for a Basque Colony?

So it's related to a very utopian, fairly wanky, probably ASB timeline I'm working on.
Basically the Commonwealth takes very different turns and becomes a federalist union encompassing all of Western Europe and all of it's colonial possessions by 1808. This Commonwealth had previously created a New-Scotland, New-Wales, New Ireland etc. in the Americas. After incorporating Iberia it divides it into nationally-based Ad-Divs and seeks to grant each of them it's own colony. (Asturias, Basque Country and Catalonia; Galicia incorporated into Portugal).
It has to be within the Spanish Empire as of 1808.
My frontrunners are Chilean Patagonia and Western Colombia, however if anybody has a better suggestion based on the size of the Basque Population/climate/geography etc. I'd be very pleased to hear it.

Last edited:
So it's related to a very utopian, fairly wanky, probably ASB timeline I'm working on.
Basically the Commonwealth takes very different turns and becomes a federalist union encompassing all of Western Europe and all of it's colonial possessions by 1808. This Commonwealth had previously created a New-Scotland, New-Wales, New Ireland etc. in the Americas. After incorporating Iberia it divides it into nationally-based Ad-Divs and seeks to grant each of them it's own colony. (Asturias, Basque Country and Catalonia; Galicia incorporated into Portugal).
My frontrunners are Chilean Patagonia and Western Colombia, however if anybody has a better suggestion based on the size of the Basque Population/climate/geography etc. I'd be very pleased to hear it.
Basque don't colonize as Emigree people overromantic colonies, for example all inmigrants here come, learned spanish..we don't call them X, we call them Colombians/Equatorians/venezuelans.

Only Brazil- Argentina-Chile because blanqueamiento/whitening policies keep that 'sub national set' everyone else integrated

Basque don't colonize as Emigree people overromantic colonies, for example all inmigrants here come, learned spanish..we don't call them X, we call them Colombians/Equatorians/venezuelans.

Only Brazil- Argentina-Chile because blanqueamiento/whitening policies keep that 'sub national set' everyone else integrated
Chile don't keep that sub national set, we are all Here Chileans, at most they are part of clubs that were originally create by the originals Emigree, and that is, pretty much every one Here is assimilate and we are doing just that with the new Emigree of the last decade

Basque speaking community on Newfoundland would be interesting. They'll be least likely to be assimilated there than in Latin America due to bigger cultural and religious differences.

Iceland, Greenland, New Foundland.