Best English Dynasty:Plantagenets vs Tudors

• Thread starter Deleted member 161180
  • Start date

Which is the best Plantagenets or Stuarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 161180

Which is the Greatest English Dynasty Who led his Mark in English and world History
The Plantagenets or the Tudors
Nota:Just like my Stuart tread i include both Lancasters and Yorks and male members so Jean Greta doesnt count just like William III
this Is the greatest fight
But of course the Hohenzollerns beats them both

Last edited by a moderator:
Tudors, everyday. What did they achieve?

A Protestant England
A Lancastrian Victory
Dozens of infamous plays
Some Poems
The Loss of Calais
Laid the groundwork for English Euroscepticism
Conquered Ireland

And a tonne more I missed.

Take the top dogs from the 3 branches of Plantagenet and all the Tudors. Edward III+Henry V+Edward IV could take em Tudors a 1000 times a day.

Deleted member 161180

And thats what the Plantagenets did:
Conquered Wales
Establish parliament
Conquer France
Nearly conquered Scotland
And web should rember that Ireland was not united as Scotland and France were if Ireland was united the Tudors would have much more difficulties to do that

Take the top dogs from the 3 branches of Plantagenet and all the Tudors. Edward III+Henry V+Edward IV could take em Tudors a 1000 times a day.
Hmm I suppose but then again in modern England the Tudor’s have left the biggest impact (The Splitting with the Church and for the most part Europe).

Well Mary I and Henry VIII are not that great
No Who am i kidding they suck
Mary I is underrated. Poor woman was treated awfully and Elizabeth I killed more people! Besides she had to deak with a husband whom she loved but was never there and not getting her much desired child!

Hmm I suppose but then again in modern England the Tudor’s have left the biggest impact (The Splitting with the Church and for the most part Europe).
If we count Shakespeare as a Tudor achievement then the Plantagenets shaped the modern english language.

And as for biggest impact common law lol.

Edit: And Henry IV's usurpation gave parliament unprecedented powers arguably paving the way for democracy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 161180

Well if i compare the Tudors to the Stuarts or Hannovers they wins

Deleted member 161180

Mary I is underrated. Poor woman was treated awfully and Elizabeth I killed more people! Besides she had to deak with a husband whom she loved but was never there and not getting her much desired child!
Yes, she had a terrible childhood
But what did she achieve?
She tried to restore catholicism and failed

And thats what the Plantagenets did:
Conquered Wales
Establish parliament
Conquer France
Nearly conquered Scotland
And web should rember that Ireland was not united as Scotland and France were if Ireland was united the Tudors would have much more difficulties to do that
The Plantagenets also:

Lost France (save for Calais)
Got their power limited (they didn’t found the Parliament willingly)
As for Ireland being United true, but they were for the most part behind most of Europe.
And we should remember that Henry VIII lost all the wars he fought
Really? He fought in the Italian War of 1520-1525 and a few others and won.
If we count Shakespeare as a Tudor achievement then the Plantagenets shaped the modern english language.

And as for biggest impact common law lol.

Edit: And Henry IV's usurpation gave parliament unprecedented powers arguably paving the way for democracy.
The Tudor monarchs themselves wrote plays and poem too. Also keep in mind Liz supported the English Playwrights.

Really? Not even the Reformation and Euroscepticism? Although that could be debateable.

Yeah Democracy was already well into development by then, that just really helped it develop.

Deleted member 161180

And i want Henry to meet Alfred,Athelstan, William I, Richard I, Edward I, Edward III,The Black Prince,Henry V and Edward IV because he wanted to be a warrior like them

The Plantagenets also:

Lost France (save for Calais)
Got their power limited (they didn’t found the Parliament willingly)
As for Ireland being United true, but they were for the most part behind most of Europe.

Really? He fought in the Italian War of 1520-1525 and a few others and won.

The Tudor monarchs themselves wrote plays and poem too. Also keep in mind Liz supported the English Playwrights.

Really? Not even the Reformation and Euroscepticism? Although that could be debateable.

Yeah Democracy was already well into development by then, that just really helped it develop.
The Tudors made England into a social pariah, mass murdered subjects, did arguably more heinous shit in their male line time than the Plantagenets did for their entire existence.

When in general you conquer France it's hard to argue you were behind Europe.

Richard II brought an early Renaissance of the arts to England before the Tudors even existed, and Henry VI composed poems of his own as well.

You form the basis for the entire legal system for half the world you trump being anti continent. And the Tudors didn't invent the Reformation. Supported it yes but then again Gaunt supported Lollardy which was proto Reformation.

Lol what? Pretty much everyone was absolutist then.

Deleted member 161180

And i want Henry to meet William I, Richard I, Edward I, Edward III,The Black Prince,Henry V and Edward IV because he wanted to be a warrior like them
Well i think all of them will mad that he had split the country from Rome and all of them would laugh to him as how little he gained in battle

Well i think all of them will mad that he had split the country from Rome and all of them would laugh to him as how little he gained in battle
That's because Charles V was quite terrible ally and friend, and Henry actually needed Francis I as potential countermeasure against spanish hegemony. He ruined the carrer of two scotish kings and was able to raid France whenever he wanted to.